Aegis Idris Frigate

VoA

20 minutes ago, Morgenroete said:

Will we be able to install parts of the kit on the M? i.e. change the rail gun to the bean weapon?

Concierge seems pretty fast with the responses during the sale, so you could try asking if you could buy the kit and use it on a M in some form. Like by buying addon and having it in your hangar, would you get the equipment?

17 minutes ago, Morgenroete said:

Will we be able to install parts of the kit on the M? i.e. change the rail gun to the bean weapon?

I think so...  The "kit" is just a set of weapons with each one being a separate item.  I imagine 'applying' it would be dragging the new items to replace the stock items on the P. It is not an upgade kit, as in turn a F7c to a F7CM.

I added to cart at 86. In cart down to 77. By the time I applied my credit and clicked Checkout, they were out of stock.

There's one batch left. Maybe I'll get one of them. If not, I suspect that CIG will release at least one more batch sometime during this year's sale. And probably sometime in the future.

What I don't understand is why CIG didn't make the warbond version have LTI? That's what CIG did this year ever since the Origin 100 series concept sale, but for the Idris-K Aftermarket Kit, even if you pay new $$$ for the warbond, you don't get LTI. That's idiotic! That means there's no incentive to pay new $$$ and is probably the reason the limited stock store-credit kits are going so fast.

CIG's logic is baffling.

14 minutes ago, Reavern said:

What I don't understand is why CIG didn't make the warbond version have LTI? That's what CIG did this year ever since the Origin 100 series concept sale, but for the Idris-K Aftermarket Kit, even if you pay new $$$ for the warbond, you don't get LTI. That's idiotic! That means there's no incentive to pay new $$$ and is probably the reason the limited stock store-credit kits are going so fast.

CIG's logic is baffling.

I was under the impression that a CIG Dev had already answered that....  while the kit doesn't have LTI in it's own right, it will inherit the LTI status of the ship that it's applied to (thus becoming LTI).... I can't say why they didn't list it that way, but (and this is just a guess) maybe they didn't list it as LTI off the bat, because some of the items could be scavenged and put on to other (smaller) ships that don't automatically have LTI, and thus there would be no LTI status for the upgrade kit to inherit.

IdirsKits.PNG

so its a add-on, not a upgrade, thought i could upgrade my idris-p into a idris-k, geus i have to settle with 72 months insurance

eventhough that dev have sayed so, i first have to see if it gets changed

as ship lti wont mater if ya can not upgrade it

1 hour ago, Morgenroete said:

$300 for the S10 beam. Imaging how much it'll cost to acquire the S10 railgun in game.🤢

Sorry but I don't buy off on the "other weapons are useless" (other than the S10) - since the purpose of the Idris-K upgrade kit is to fend off fighters - my guess is that the weapons will be just that (faster and better vs fighters) === others are just evaluating size of weapons - but that's not the whole story.

Also - Ben always (in RTVs) discussed the Idris M conversion as being difficult to achieve.   It will cost UEC sure but it sounds like the biggest thing is getting the right reputation with the UEE and the completing a mission (which likely won't be easy).

It's simple - if you don't have an Idris-M and want a more combat focus ship then get the Idris-K......... if you want to use your Idris as a pocket carrier like the Kracken (and stay out of range of the main fight) or use it as a Science / or whatever ship - then stick with the Idris-P (its not that it is useless in combat - just not as good as the Idris K or M) ;)

So, maybe an off the wall thought, but, these parts, do we have any idea what they are worth in game (UEC)?  I'm curious to see if the S10 beam weapon is worth a crapton of UEC, is the package a good UEC investment? 

image.thumb.png.5b35acacaf33aaaa8b2ea521c4f0eff5.png

<maybe this could be moved to General as it's not about Aegis ships specifically?>

Edited by Morphius

9 minutes ago, Morphius said:

...is the package a good UEC investment? 

It is not great.  I remember that a size 3 was $15 in the voyager direct store. A size 4 was more. If it was 20 then the value from 8 is 160, add the STS and the size 10 beam weapon? 60 and 100? So, the beam is around $100 by itself most likely.

It is...pretty cool though.

1 minute ago, Scotterius said:

it is...pretty cool though. 

Yes.... If I'm on an Idris-K I think I will be making Brrrrnnzz ... brrrrnnnzzzzttt! noises whenever it fires.  Thinking it's a massive beam leaving scorched devastation where it paints along a target.  

5 hours ago, Arcanus said:

I was under the impression that a CIG Dev had already answered that....  while the kit doesn't have LTI in it's own right, it will inherit the LTI status of the ship that it's applied to (thus becoming LTI).... I can't say why they didn't list it that way, but (and this is just a guess) maybe they didn't list it as LTI off the bat, because some of the items could be scavenged and put on to other (smaller) ships that don't automatically have LTI, and thus there would be no LTI status for the upgrade kit to inherit.

IdirsKits.PNG

Ok, good to know. Although, the Aftermarket Kit having 72-month insurance instead of LTI is needlessly confusing considering that ALL Idris frigates have LTI (because they've always been priced $1000+).

This Aftermarket upgrade kit seems similar to the BUKs for the Vanguard, which originally had LTI for their concept sale and later had limited insurance. I don't understand why the Idris-K kit wouldn't have LTI (at least for the warbond version) now, but limited insurance if they're sold again later. Whatever.

All that matters is that I succeeded in getting one of the Idris-K Aftermarket Kits this time, so I'm happy! :D