Aegis Idris Frigate

VoA

You would have to paid EVERY time  if you don't have a kit for all the components and weapons.

everything LTI either Idris-P and Idris-m.

There is only one other kit (one was Vanguard, but changed their views) F7A body kit only.

regardless of what  source of payment, The same kit on either cash or credit. 

buying it piece by piece and no insurance, that will be separate cost in game every single insurance separate from LTI will make a big list :D also if they can actually  buy it there.

No-one really needs a kit Idris-P. 

7 minutes ago, Boildown said:

Maybe I'll just melt stuff I'm not super keen on. Anyone know what the price is?

that's the actual question: if they put it cheap, well, they are just the usual smartass company. If they put it expensive ... they are a bunch of [redacted]

It isn't limited to people who already own one.  All the time slots are for new would be owners.  Assuming you have one now, you have a sku saved for you.

I will certainly be getting this.  But it was said a long time ago a P could be upgraded to an M after release.  I assume this is either how it played out, or is an in between step.  Regardless CIG asked, would you like more guns, and I say, yes please, here is my money.

15 minutes ago, FlexBravo said:

It isn't limited to people who already own one.  All the time slots are for new would be owners.  Assuming you have one now, you have a sku saved for you.

I will certainly be getting this.  But it was said a long time ago a P could be upgraded to an M after release.  I assume this is either how it played out, or is an in between step.  Regardless CIG asked, would you like more guns, and I say, yes please, here is my money.

Ah gotcha, I read that "limited stock to those who have the Idris P on their account"

What is not clear to me is if those waves are for new Idris-P releases or if it's for the upgrade kit via store credit?  If it's not Idris-Ps has anyone heard if they are going to be available (I'd be surprised if they weren't) and if there is a Javelin schedule? 

I would imagine they will be selling not just the kits but probably 'Warbond Idris-K's" and regular Idris-K's in limited numbers. I'm thinking about $1,750 for the K and maybe $1650 for the Warbond K? With the kit costing around $250?? Hopefully less, but hey it's CIG. 

11 minutes ago, Wu Jen said:

I would imagine they will be selling not just the kits but probably 'Warbond Idris-K's" and regular Idris-K's in limited numbers. I'm thinking about $1,750 for the K and maybe $1650 for the Warbond K? With the kit costing around $250?? Hopefully less, but hey it's CIG. 

if they ask more than 100 dollars in my opinion they will piss off a lot of "fat" backers. And that would not be a smart move on their side.

13 minutes ago, Metternich70 said:

if they ask more than 100 dollars in my opinion they will piss off a lot of "fat" backers. And that would not be a smart move on their side.

But the equipment will have LTI!!!!!.....lol

The reason I expect it will be $150 - $250 is because of the pricing of a lot of weapons and that stupid $1 = 1,000 UEC that they still haven't changed. The amount and sizes of the weapons included all add up. It would be nice if they gave P owners a discount, but again this is CIG.

Good few months ago. Can't think of if it was the pervious anniverse 2017 or even earlier. His second run through the Idris and said we have 81 people, but a lot of this were fillers because the ship was big in size and needed to fill it and not leave a lot empty.

Just rethinking about the "Idris-K". I like the upgrade to 4x PDS instead and the addition of a beam weapon. However the turret is replacing with missiles S3 × 16(8 each side). It kinda sucks. Why couldn't we put in the addional missile launcher(torpedo?).  S3 against another STS may as well spit at the ship and do the exact same result really.

The Idris K is still confusing to me so i'm going to try to write it out differently in a from-to layout.

• 4 standard remote turrets  ➡️ 4 Automated Behring M2C Point Defense Systems (2x S4 Hardpoints each).
  • Behring M3C ASA Turret  ➡️  Missile Turret equipped with two A&R Harrow Anti-Ship Missile Launchers (8x Size 3 Missiles)
  • No Chin Cannon ➡️ Size 10 Hurston Dynamics Exodus Laser Beam.

So it replaces 4 Revenant Ballistic Gatling turrets (2 guns per turret) with 4 "automatic" lasers.  Does this mean they need no NPC to operate?

Takes one of the 6 large Anti-Ship Artillery Laser and replaces it 8 Size 3 missiles. Why did they replace it?  Didn't the Idris P have 5 of 6 slots occupied, they could have dropped it in the empty slot...

And finally adds a beam laser to the chin where there is none.  This may be worth the money alone IMHO.

Am I getting this correct? 

If I remember it correctly the missile launcher on the M can be retracted so it can be reloaded internally. On the P that space is used for cargo. So in order for there to be no change to the cargo capacity to the P going to K, the missile launcher had to be put on the front hard-point, where there is a STS turret on the M or the M3C on the P.

Not sure how the missile launcher with the default placement on the K can be reloaded as it cannot be retracted. You could maybe move it to the rear mount, but you would lose cargo capacity.

They are remote turret weapons, they need some one to fire them in Idris-P. they are PDS and don't need an operator, but they make have 1 to select priority. still no clue what's it about. 

No Artillery in the Idris-P, only 1 arty in the M.

Idris-P has 6 turrets, idris-M has 5+1 STS and railgun.

No, The Idris M doesn't retract, the reloads where it is.

Idris-K uses anti-fighters, basically swaps the weapons to launchers. still leaves the missile room unaffected (and  missing).

Between deciding on which ship I will have. I'm going to wait for the price on the kit to be announced at 1600 UTC. If it is ludicrously expensive the Kraken would probably we a better deal. I could buy a M secondhand, but I have a Javelin at $2700 in my log as well which would be cheaper for me too buy back than a M on the grey market. Also with the announcement that the P has less armor than the M, the proposition value for the P is lowered compared to the M and Kraken.