Aegis Idris Frigate

VoA

7 hours ago, VoA said:

Cool Imgur album .... Not sure but I think the last image (on the last page) is from the Javelin (bottom level) - not the Idris...

She got really really larger. It looks like she is less long but it must be the enlarging effect giving this illusion. Also is the back circular radar missing/removed? Or just dropped against the fuselage?

37 minutes ago, Yekko said:

She got really really larger. It looks like she is less long but it must be the enlarging effect giving this illusion. Also is the back circular radar missing/removed? Or just dropped against the fuselage?

Think just dropped against the fuselage - and maybe it can go up and down on hydraulics?

+++++ another cool image.... from a SC contract artist...

professional freelance concept artist / illustrator

recruitment!

comission for a private client, a recruitment poster for star citizen!

jorge-oliveira-poster42-2.jpg?1447897914

10 hours ago, VoA said:

Cool Imgur album .... Not sure but I think the last image (on the last page) is from the Javelin (bottom level) - not the Idris...

Nope... the last image (I assume you're talking about 3 of 3 which is comparing the engine rooms past & present) was DEFINTELY from the Idris.

Watch the "Morrow Tour" again, and you should see almost that exact image on or about 8:58 when the character walks into the engine room (only in the actual video there are NPC's in the image), whereas there don't appear to be any NPC's in the Imgur album.  The confusion IS understandable though... the reactor/engine room from the "Javelin Blockout" video does look very similar, but there's no "blue fog" and the cowling around those massive pipes on the left appears to be much beefier on the Javelin (which makes sense, because it's probably a more powerful reactor on the Javelin). 

A Quote I picked up from the chat of today (about the Idris status)

CIG Matt ShermanThat, and keep in mind the work needed to get an Idris ready for SQ42 is very different from the work that would be needed to make the ship hangar read CIG Matt ShermanSo most work would be getting the SQ42 version built and working, then going back to the player-version after the fact

• 2 weeks later...

We have a tiny bit more info on the Idris in the last monthly studio update.... which can be found here:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15187-Monthly-Studio-Report

From the Frankfurt Office and the Cinematic team:

"Cinematics is currently at work on several scenes that happen during S42’s story’s beginning. We’ve done a first pass on our Navy hospital scenes and are currently doing previs on a few others that we can’t discuss just yet. Our Sr. Environment artists are busy building up terrain, as well as environment and key props for a dramatic planetside scene. The scene is fairly prominent and we need to make room for an Idris to land."

GOD YES. BRING IT.

On 2015-02-09 at 6:00 PM, LloydM said:

I'm definitely going to try to land a Redeemer in mine. Hopefully the bay is tall enough.

I think you will need a Javelin for that, though keep in mind the javelin will not act as a portable landing platform and won't have repair facilites and no reaarmaments for the Redeemer. 

• 2 weeks later...

"And now coming free with your next RSI purchase, we'll include a futuristic graphics card, for all your graphics rendering needs." 

Awesome. I'm loving what I see, however this does grow concern, being that most gamers may not have the technology to handle all this goodness. 

If you can front a grand to buy yourself an Idris and allow me a ticket on the hottest damn ship in the 'verse then I can afford a small card upgrade to make it render in all its glory.

The bed sheets on the bunks are so detailed I can't tell if someone carefully shopped them in for a concept photo of its actually rendered in game.  Now I need to spend a little more time looking at the EZ Hab pods.