Chris Robets killed in Elite Dangerous

Timziito

Picked up my copy today. Played the tutorials. It makes you realise just how good SC AC is...

Still, I'm gonna give it a proper shot tomorrow when its fully release.

I don't have Elite, but the combat seems fine in the videos I've watched, is it really that bad?

wel it seems ya rly need to get out of the starter ship soonies as that thingh is so freaking slow with turning ;o but some ppl are rly good with turning of assist and then fly all over the place

for me I don't rly like the slow turnrate but tobe fair I haven't spend much time at ed atall eventhough I got premium beta

lmao there have been some NPC's with some very interesting names haha. On another note, the developers even put in the voyager spacecraft's in their position where they would be in the year 3300, but those are indestructible thank goodness lol.

I don't have Elite, but the combat seems fine in the videos I've watched, is it really that bad?

It's not bad it's just different, both games are seperate approaches to flight and combat so it's not really fair to say one's better than the other. Personally I own and enjoy both games, will be playing a ton of Elite when it launches and will continue playing AC as well.

I've played both Elite and AC and the flight models are pretty close. To be honest, Elite is slightly better, but that's not saying much since AC is still in early Alpha. I'm going to pick up a copy sometime today and start playing. My brother plays it and I tried it out about a week ago - If you go through the tutorials and take the time to set up your controls it's fairly easy. Seeing how SC is a ways off I think Elite would be a great tool for us to use as we prepare for SC's PU - not to mention give us something similar to play as we wait another year.