VoA

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The size comparison is interesting in that the Ares is only $5 less than the Mercury.  I realize that the cost of a ship is not directly related to size but it does make me wonder how much ship we get for $225 with the Mercury.  Plus, at what point will the price for the Mercury go up when it is finally released to the Verse?

MB

On 12/15/2019 at 12:01 PM, Morgen Black said:

The size comparison is interesting in that the Ares is only $5 less than the Mercury.  I realize that the cost of a ship is not directly related to size but it does make me wonder how much ship we get for $225 with the Mercury.  Plus, at what point will the price for the Mercury go up when it is finally released to the Verse?

MB

Think a bigger question for the Mercury is if it will always be the larger (thus Penultimate) Data Runner with the Herald being the small entry level Data Runner.    Does it make sense to have a capital size Data Runner ---- probably not....... thus there is even more future value for the Mercury + it has other options (like smuggling etc....).

https://www.starship42.com/compare/?shipl=Ares Inferno&shipr=F7C-M Super Hornet

I love Medium size ships that are also "compact" relative to their function and this shows how efficiently designed this ship is when you compare it to a Cutlass (other examples include the Redeemer and even the Connies - basically ship usualbe volume vs overall mass of the ship)

zdfryab9q0641.jpg

I think we'll see another "Large" mining ship since the Orion is now not a Large ship but Huge ship  ;)

• Prospector = Small
  • Mole = Medium
  • Large Mining Ship = ?
  • Huge Mining Ship = Orion

• 3 weeks later...

Carrack  ... 😄. to be honest, most aren't likely to be done just because of the sheer number of ships which is more than likely going up in numbers.  most are small and have had other ships in the brand made. However, the bigger ships will require more people to do them.

• 4 weeks later...