Updated Ship Size Comparison Chart

VoA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Just now, Devil Khan said:

ok... you do realise that 110m is a Caterpillar 3600m is vanduul's kingship?

Ok, i get your point. But for player owned ships, these are basically as large as it gets (except for combat). I might just think they are huge as I only have an avenger.

Just now, Devil Khan said:

lmao, sorry heh. You will be able to get them in-game eventually :).

Nah, its amazing to see how large they can scale these ships without losing detail. I will be happy just to get the chance to see and fly on one. I'll probably focus on just getting really good on one person ships as grinding in a large group doesn't normally work.

19 hours ago, Devil Khan said:

they aren't accurate, they judge the length by non-flyable/hanger ready ones. IE  Idris isn't correct img same goes for Vanguard

20 hours ago, Painmiester said:

How did you set this up to get accurate visual of the ships you have  if more then 1of that type....

Actually they should be fairly accurate to the stats and holo models produced by CIG.   The players that produce these often use a 1 or 2 meter grid pattern set out over the whole sheet to scale one ship vs the others and some are literally holo models in engine placed next to each other.   It doesn't mean that there aren't mistakes though and as we know CIG does tend to make things bigger over time especially if F42 works on the ship

2 minutes ago, Devil Khan said:

Idris, Javelin, Vangaurd, Herald, freelancer etc are not using up to date models

Depends on what size comparison chart you are looking at (see OP - you'll find many by many different players).

All charts will be off as things expand.  We know the Javelin and Banu MM just got bigger........ as did the Caterpillar a bit ago..... the Idris also just increased from 234m to 239m (so even small changes like that affect things).

Not quite, Idris and Javelin changed significantly. Like I said the length was about right, but the model itself wasn't. Just look at the AtV image of the Javelin and Idris uptodate.  The Idris is wider and the railgun is different and the actual  STS gun is smaller compared to the actual ship