Wu Jen

Flying Fortress The Aegis Retaliator

16 hours ago, Riley Egret said:

Yes, the Tali needs to be working for SQ42: in general the state of bombers is quite messed up atm.

The Harb lost the belt-fed reload system and it's stuck with 3 S5 torps due to size reasons ( what it's supposed to do, do deep space, long range strike missions to take down Caterpillars? because I can't see it destroying bigger ships),which leaves the Tali as the sole long range bomber but they need to work a lot on it.

Let's remember PVE is the biggest part of gameplay and since they're military ships for military targets those are the guys they're supposed to hunt

Good luck with 3S5 torps......

STC-7-06-Void-Bomber-V3b.jpg

Not really - its primary role of the Harbinger was never a Bomber...... like a Tali / Eclipse and Gladiator.......... its primary role is Heavy Fighter (it is "still a Vanguard")....... so it will essentially be a "Warden" with heavier armor...... and 3 S5 Torps......... still not bad and if it were to do a 1v1 vs something like a Tali it would probably win.

Another thing to consider is that the Harbinger.... used to be a BUK (a cheap addition to the standard Warden)....... but now each BUK is actually a completely separate variant ship.......... so those that picked them up at the concept sale (all the BUKs) ended up with a lot of cheap variant ships (not just optional components)....... which also makes a it a better "deal" than the Tali from a cost perspective.

4 hours ago, VoA said:

Not really - its primary role of the Harbinger was never a Bomber...... like a Tali / Eclipse and Gladiator.......... its primary role is Heavy Fighter (it is "still a Vanguard")....... so it will essentially be a "Warden" with heavier armor...... and 3 S5 Torps......... still not bad and if it were to do a 1v1 vs something like a Tali it would probably win.

Another thing to consider is that the Harbinger.... used to be a BUK (a cheap addition to the standard Warden)....... but now each BUK is actually a completely separate variant ship.......... so those that picked them up at the concept sale (all the BUKs) ended up with a lot of cheap variant ships (not just optional components)....... which also makes a it a better "deal" than the Tali from a cost perspective.

I don't know Voa... if I want to do fighter stuff, I use the Warden, if I take out the Harb I am bombing...

Besides on the store page it says "Vanguard Harbinger -Bomber", then you have " The Vanguard Harbinger is Earth’s standard fighter-bomber, converting the standard Warden model’s escape pod into a potent bomb bay. The extended range of the Vanguard and the relatively small profile mean that it can go where carrier-based planes or larger strategic bombers don’t… and then strike hard and make it back to frontier bases. The Vanguard Harbinger is a powerful bomber that can operate out of the roughest forward operating bases. "

It really looks like a bomber to me.

14 hours ago, Riley Egret said:

I don't know Voa... if I want to do fighter stuff, I use the Warden, if I take out the Harb I am bombing...

Besides on the store page it says "Vanguard Harbinger -Bomber", then you have " The Vanguard Harbinger is Earth’s standard fighter-bomber, converting the standard Warden model’s escape pod into a potent bomb bay. The extended range of the Vanguard and the relatively small profile mean that it can go where carrier-based planes or larger strategic bombers don’t… and then strike hard and make it back to frontier bases. The Vanguard Harbinger is a powerful bomber that can operate out of the roughest forward operating bases. "

It really looks like a bomber to me.

....eh..... well the Polaris and Javelin are "Bombers" as well right (with massive Torpedoes)......... but that doesn't mean that it is their "primary mission"

The way I see it is both the Gladiator and Harbinger are "Light Bombers"........ with the Harbinger being just as good as a Warden (perhaps better with the Heavy Armor) + a few extra Torpedoes to boot.

The Eclipse is more of a Medium / Stealth Bomber...... and is more maneuverable than the Tali.....

With the Tali being a Heavy Bomber.   I do hope they give the Tali the rotating torpedo launcher options (with more torps) like the Eclipse).

I ended up with Every Bomber they produced to date...... but ended up CCUing the crossed out Bombers below........ but it won't stop me from picking up a Volper Xian Bomber when they come out with that.....   - but you can see I have "too many" bomber still (even with CCUing my Gladiator and Tali)

• Gladiator
  • Harbinger
  • Eclipse
  • Volper
  • Retaliator
  • Polaris
  • A-2 Starlifter
  • Javelin

On 9/16/2019 at 4:28 PM, VoA said:

I ended up with Every Bomber they produced to date...... but ended up CCUing the crossed out Bombers below........ but it won't stop me from picking up a Volper Xian Bomber when they come out with that.....   - but you can see I have "too many" bomber still (even with CCUing my Gladiator and Tali)

• Gladiator
  • Harbinger
  • Eclipse
  • Volper
  • Retaliator
  • Polaris
  • A-2 Starlifter
  • Javelin

So many bombers, but nothing to bomb.

I wish CIG would add some new missions to the PU with hostile NPC large ships, so players could finally use our bombers for something (other than griefing). There are plenty of large ships in the PU now and tons of possibilities. There could be mission to track down a hijacked Starfarer and the player could blow it up with torpedoes. Or a mission tracking down pirates and you find them flying a Pirate Caterpillar. And then there's the Vanduul. What about a multi-part mission involving S&D-ing Vanduul raiders that culminates in the appearance of a small Vanduul cap ship, which can only be destroyed using torpedoes.

If there were things to bomb in the PU, I'm certain there'd be much greater demand for the Tali rework.