VoA

Be Patient - Female Avatars Coming Soon

Be Patient - Female Avatars Coming SoonTM....  Most know how positive I am towards Star Citizen (Optimist by nature)..... however we all have to be disappointed with CIG with "Something."   Some may say they are disappointed in the production schedule and if you have seen the who talks about the production schedule being a function of quality (fidelity) vs manpower.  CIG has enough manpower and they don't want to give up on quality thus things take awhile (but technically they are still on-schedule for the PU - Alpha - next year).

The one thing they are behind on schedule significantly .... however... and the one thing I am personally disappointed in...... is introducing a female avatar to the game.  This is a funny short video about the missing ladies....

It makes sense to wait until the female avatar is completely done. Humans seem to want to judge females by how they look a lot more than males. They avoid significant amounts of unconstructive criticism the longer they wait. And any constructive criticism will be inseparable from the noise of the unconstructive kind once the female avatar is actually in the game.

Well the models and art assets need to be there sooner than later, it would be weird to see a male only UEE.

But then again I could see this time period getting to the point of cloning and aggressively accepted genetic manipulation.  So technically there wouldn't be a need for a male/female.  That would give the femnazis something to complain about.  No gender in-equality possible due to no gender.

Well the models and art assets need to be there sooner than later, it would be weird to see a male only UEE.

But then again I could see this time period getting to the point of cloning and aggressively accepted genetic manipulation.  So technically there wouldn't be a need for a male/female.  That would give the femnazis something to complain about.  No gender in-equality possible due to no gender.

Let's just be honest. Feminists would complain about anything, even stuff that actually hasn't happened.

Most know I am a huge fan of SC and CIG.... and some even accused me of  being a  CIG sales person 😁

However I have been critical at times (like recently when CR planned to charge for viewing the panels at Citizencon - however looking back on this - I was wrong considering how awesome they turned out and remembering back ----- CIG does charge for some content - like being a Subscriber to get Jump Point Magazine and the Vault)...... 

...... and this particular issue "the female Avatar" or lack thereof - and CIG's constant pushing it back (look at how old this thread is.... as an example)....... is one thing that I can't excuse CIG for...... even though I know how difficult it is for them...... and the benefits to flushing out the male avatar animations first....

=============

The big problem is how female players in real life feel about the lack of priority for this issue - and CIG needing to bring more women into the player base...... 😥

I still stand by what I posted November 15, 2014.  Male avatars can look like whatever and people will accept them.  Female avatars will be judged by their looks, and no one will be able to agree on why they're deficient.  People will simultaneously accuse the female avatar of being too ugly, too skinny, too muscular, too idealized, too fat, with too sexualized movements yet runs too much like a man, with boobs too big yet a figure that makes her indistinguishable from men while a spacesuit is equipped.  Also people will be upset that she's too tall compared to the male avatar if she's the same height, or not tall enough if she's shorter.

If you don't believe me, when I was playing WoW and reading the official WoW forums, I saw people post all of the above opinions about the female night elves. There were often conflicting opinion threads right next to each other. I don't play Overwatch but even I'm aware of the drama they've had over that game's female characters, and those characters aren't generic, they're specific characters, which make's SC's generic female characters all that much more of a target.

Its drama that CIG doesn't need and cannot win.  It absolutely makes sense to not release it until its as done as they can get it before the public sees it.  Because of all the criticism it will receive, they shouldn't allow anything they can control hit public servers without it being something they're willing to defend.  And to whatever extent we'll be able to customize our characters, its better if its entirely ready to go before the female avatar is made public, instead of having one default that "everyone" will find fault with.

So for all these reasons (humans judge men on ability and accomplishments, women on their looks), its absolutely the correct decision to delay the female avatar for as long as they feel the slightest need to.

5 hours ago, Boildown said:

I still stand by what I posted November 15, 2014.  Male avatars can look like whatever and people will accept them.  Female avatars will be judged by their looks, and no one will be able to agree on why they're deficient.  People will simultaneously accuse the female avatar of being too ugly, too skinny, too muscular, too idealized, too fat, with too sexualized movements yet runs too much like a man, with boobs too big yet a figure that makes her indistinguishable from men while a spacesuit is equipped.  Also people will be upset that she's too tall compared to the male avatar if she's the same height, or not tall enough if she's shorter.

If you don't believe me, when I was playing WoW and reading the official WoW forums, I saw people post all of the above opinions about the female night elves. There were often conflicting opinion threads right next to each other. I don't play Overwatch but even I'm aware of the drama they've had over that game's female characters, and those characters aren't generic, they're specific characters, which make's SC's generic female characters all that much more of a target.

Its drama that CIG doesn't need and cannot win.  It absolutely makes sense to not release it until its as done as they can get it before the public sees it.  Because of all the criticism it will receive, they shouldn't allow anything they can control hit public servers without it being something they're willing to defend.  And to whatever extent we'll be able to customize our characters, its better if its entirely ready to go before the female avatar is made public, instead of having one default that "everyone" will find fault with.

So for all these reasons (humans judge men on ability and accomplishments, women on their looks), its absolutely the correct decision to delay the female avatar for as long as they feel the slightest need to.

We live in the era where everyone is offended by everything and anything. I probably did a whole number of things today that someone, somewhere would find offensive. Complaints will come regardless of what CIG does unfortunately.

52 minutes ago, Fizzlefuse said:

We live in the era where everyone is offended by everything and anything. I probably did a whole number of things today that someone, somewhere would find offensive. Complaints will come regardless of what CIG does unfortunately.

I'm offended by your assertions that someone may be offended by your actions today. This is particularly the case as you failed to accurately catalogue your actions so I could complain about specifics 😨

On 11/15/2014 at 9:03 PM, Alex said:

Let's just be honest. Feminists would complain about anything, even stuff that actually hasn't happened.

If I can interject gently, are you sure you know what 'feminism' means?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/feminism

Fair is fair. I don't know many fathers of daughters who are not feminists.