VoA

Reverse the Verse - Episode 23 with CIG

See Twitch Link....http://www.twitch.tv/cigcommunity....

• No update on Caterpillar or Retaliator but maybe part of the Thanksgiving sale (Anniversary. Sale)
  • Herald has not officially lost its asymmetry.  CIG is taking input from the community
  • Mustang will be AC 1.0
  • Anniversary Sale will last one week.
  • No promise about other TNGS ships in game but they are talking about it and reading the forums.
  • Lego Hornet vote in March
  • Org 2.0 will have alliances between Orgs (but Turbulent is busy working on other back-end stuff atm)
  • Citizen Con 2015 in London
  • Subscriber flare tomorrow with patch
  • 300i cargo hold can’t be made bigger
  • 315p is faster than the 300i (Ben thinks so but we will see tomorrow)
  • Don’t have price on Carrack yet
  • Redeemer – CR saw the old stats and didn’t like them – so he made the call to change them – prior to any community input.  CR – “This gunship doesn’t have enough guns”.. as he was coming back from PAX AUS.
  • CIG may drop more concept art about the Carrack before the sale.
  • SOA Crossbow should be in for FPS release
  • Freelancer turrets will be functional in AC2.0
  • Orion has drones but not the Carrack and it doesn’t have a vehicle (no rover).
  • Retaliator – turrets are coming in next week.
  • Can’t say on which ships will be for sale in Anniversary Sale.
  • Carrack is a little bit bigger than Connie.
  • CIG doesn’t hide concept art – pretty much releases it as they get it in
  • Avenger in AC1.0
  • Xi’An Khartu-Al : a little after AC1.0 (since it has unique flying it will be a little after)
  • Avenger is not really changing – it still has the TR5 main thruster
  • You will be able to get drunk in a bar and get into a FPS fight
  • AC will change to a sim pod (not as it is now as you get in your ship) and they will also have in game AC credits.
  • Banu MM – no news – concept locked – needs to go to tech artist – focusing on single seater fighters.
  • AC2.0 goal is to have multi-crew ships but that doesn’t mean all multi-crew ships will be flyable at the release of AC2.0 – each will work their way into it as AC1.0 has done with single seater fighters.
  • Ben is happy with CIG’s progress in the past month.  Alex M. and Travis D. has done a great job as producers
  • Ben’s favorite ship is still the Retaliator
  • We will eventually have more than 15 ships in hangar (it’s a performance issue)
  • AC 1.0+ (not right away) will have the AC – UEC
  • 4-6 new weapons very close for VD store release
  • Every two weeks CIG will release a document that explains how the game works (Tony Z will have one on the PU in January 2015)
  • Character creator will come with Social Module
  • CIG will have other weakly trials like the M50 recent one
  • CIG will do a post launch documentary of SC
  • Mini games are not a priority – CIG is tasked to the limit for the next year
  • Smuggling mechanic – you put valuable stuff in ship then run like hell – or try to hide it
  • 890 Jump will likely appear before Beta PU (*in AC) – it is a passion project of Behavior
  • RTV will go to Austin to talk to Tony (Tony goes even beyond CR vision according to Ben)
  • You can’t shoot asteroids to mine (Tony Z will explain mining next year)
  • Have not announced 4th city on Earth yet
  • S&R ship (voted out) probably not make another appearance but they are not ruling it out
  • Shooting range in Hangar will make another appearance
  • CIG will be working on Spider as a construct in the PU

thanks a lot for this again @VoA

so much great information. I really wish they would announce the setup/more details about the sale, I am dying to know which ships I can buy :)

For those that haven't seen this Poll yet...... for ...

""Don’t have price on Carrack yet""

You might want to vote since CIG will be pricing it soon:  [POLL] How much should the Anvil Carrack cost compared to the RSI Aquila? with over 600+ community votes so far :)

Ben Did (and posted on) our [POLL] Redeemer Concept Sale - see 19min into RTV today with about 800 votes and it undoubtedly swayed CIG decision to offer LTI with the Redeemer's sale for the first week. :)

I'm going to organize a gang of traders and people interested in the Hull C to show up and snipe in questions about the C every week. It worked for Starfarer fans, and now they get actual concept art and information! 

For those that haven't seen this Poll yet...... for ...

""Don’t have price on Carrack yet""

You might want to vote since CIG will be pricing it soon:  %5BPOLL%5D How much should the Anvil Carrack cost compared to the RSI Aquila? with over 600+ community votes so far :)

Ben Did (and posted on) our %5BPOLL%5D Redeemer Concept Sale - see 19min into RTV today with about 800 votes and it undoubtedly swayed CIG decision to offer LTI with the Redeemer's sale for the first week. :)

They've got more people who believe it should be priced cheaper than a Aquila, $150-200 vs $275. They expect to pay Taurus prices for the premium explorer. Theres not a cat in hells chance anyone at CIG is going to look at that and consider that data as being valid and worthwhile.

2/3 of the well reasoned folks on the RSI Forums voted it should be priced somewhere between the Freelancer DUR ($125) and the Constellation Aquila ($275), that sums the forums up really.

It'll be $250 at the absolute minimum, personally i think $275 would be about right, with the final price being $325 when its flyable.

Whatever they do, the RSI forums will moan. They'll moan if the specs match the price, and they'll moan if the price matches the specs.

I'm going to organize a gang of traders and people interested in the Hull C to show up and snipe in questions about the C every week. It worked for Starfarer fans, and now they get actual concept art and information!

:D :D

You realise that there's a difference between people asking about a ship which is actively in development, has a role/requirement in upcoming content, and yesterday was 2yrs since it was announced (unlocked at $3.25m ffs), compared to one that hasnt even completed concept phase, isnt really required by any studios development any time soon, and 1yr hasnt even passed since it was unlocked?

Do you honestly believe that Starfarer fans have only started asking for information in the last month, and if so, do you think that had ANY impact on CIG having something they could show us?

23 months they've waited patiently, not saying a word, then they turned savage and suddenly a flurry of images came along... :P

Not sure why, but the twitch page only shows upto ep22 in the video window, and in their profile > highlights, it seems its upto 22 also, however there are 2 eps which are under 'past broadcasts' and its there

I think this link should bring it up: http://www.twitch.tv/cigcommunity/b/588417067

If not, you'll get it from here: http://www.twitch.tv/cigcommunity/profile/past_broadcasts

• Citizen Con 2015 in London

Uuuh, that leaves an aftertaste. "Hey let's vote for location for Citizen Con." "Oh, we won't do it in Berlin, even though it won." "Let's do it in Lodon next year."

Meh.

Not sure why, but the twitch page only shows upto ep22 in the video window, and in their profile > highlights, it seems its upto 22 also, however there are 2 eps which are under 'past broadcasts' and its there

I think this link should bring it up: http://www.twitch.tv/cigcommunity/b/588417067

If not, you'll get it from here: http://www.twitch.tv/cigcommunity/profile/past_broadcasts

That works thanks!

Uuuh, that leaves an aftertaste. "Hey let's vote for location for Citizen Con." "Oh, we won't do it in Berlin, even though it won." "Let's do it in Lodon next year."

Meh.

They said because Citizen Con is too close (calendar wise)..... to Gamecom in Germany (and they go to that every year).