MISC Reliant

Basard

With the success of the Freelancer “Built for Life” campaign, MISC has moved to join RSI and Consolidated in the single-seat introductory starship arena. Their silver bullet? A starter ship with more than one seat… and their ace in the hole: Xi’An technology. Where the Aurora is a pure utilitarian platform and the Mustang is a delicate, maneuverable personal transport, the Reliant is MISC’s most Xi’An tech-heavy ship to date. Featuring impossibly sleek lines, two separate crew seats and a vertical fuselage design, the Reliant’s streamlined cockpits glow with some of the finest xenotechnology available!

Currently winning with over 50% of the current vote.

You can bet your bottem dollar, that this little bouncing betty is going to be quite the love boat, for those who like to travel with company.

Honestly though can't wait for a smaller MISC vessel.

I admit that I strongly opposed the poll choice for a Third Starter Ship -- and I stand by that. I think ANY of the other ship choices would've been a greater benefit to Star Citizen than another Starter ship -- especially since the Mustang's variants haven't been revealed yet.

However, I'm pleasantly surprised that CIG has made an effort to make the Third Starter Ship unique, and not just another entry-level multi-role ship.

Once again it wasn't my poll choice, but I'm not surprised that the MISC Reliant is leading with a 50% majority. The Reliant sounds like a cross between a mini-Freelancer and Xi'an Khartu-Al Scout ship. Since I own both a Freelancer and Xi'an Scout, the Reliant doesn't appeal to me. But I understand why so many backers voted for a 2-seater Starter ship.

I like the idea because I am a big fan of MISC and their adaptation of Xi'an tech. I would have prefered a more exploration focused choice, but I can settle for this and hope there's an exploration variant.

+1 Agree.  I too wasn't a fan of a 3rd Starter Ship since between the Aurora and Mustang Variants we have Ten Starter ships already..... however the MISC Reliant will be different than all of these.  The Xi-An Khartu-Al is my second favorite ship (Phoenix first) and I think the MISC Reliant will be a smaller version of it designed for exploration (not sure if it would have variants but it could).  I don't think it would be a fighter... then it would be too close to a Khartu-Al..... and I don't think it would be a Hauler since it would make it too close to an Aurora then (especially since the MISC Reliant has 2 seats - my guess is that most of the room would be for a science station and living quarters)

When they talk about a starter ship, in the strictest sense it is typically the most inexpensive of a given line of ships, kinda like getting 1960's era VW Beetle. Stripped down vehicle that almost everybody can buy -- Entry level.

I think 3-4 entry level (cheapest) starter ships would be ideal, something mining related next.

• 3 weeks later...

When they talk about a starter ship, in the strictest sense it is typically the most inexpensive of a given line of ships, kinda like getting 1960's era VW Beetle. Stripped down vehicle that almost everybody can buy -- Entry level.

I think 3-4 entry level (cheapest) starter ships would be ideal, something mining related next.

After selling off a couple of bigger ships I want to start a collection of starters since I'll be flying solo 98% of the time, so I'll definitely be picking one of these. My LX maybe for cruising/shipping. Mustang (when they become avail) for fighting/flying fast. And the Reliant for mining would be cool~

• 2 months later...

I'm most excited by this for several reasons - yes it's a starter with 2 seats (which is way cool), yes it's Xi'an incorporated (and I love the Khartu.. can't wait to fly it), and yes it will have a concept sale with LTI. Think I might get a few and sit and wait for the CCUs.

• 2 months later...

Yes.  What VoA meant to say is that they talked about it again on AtV!  It'll be more modern and have more Xian tech on it than some of the older MISC models.

That, and, it'll be a two-person starter ship.  For additional packages (if I decide to get after some of those...), I'd probably lean towards the Reliant.