Greetings humans

Thrawn

Greeting humans... and also any non-humans.

I am Thrawn, I meandered on over here from the Star Wars universe, where I faked my own death. I figure I'll be slumming it in this universe for awhile.

Ok, enough of that... I'm not really into RP or anything, just trying to make this thread a little more interesting than :"Hi, guys."

In real life, I'm a grad student at the University of Nebraska. I'm a big sci-fi fan, especially Star Wars, as you can probably tell from the above shinanigans. I am really excited about the Star Citizen universe, Both because its flavor looks really fun, and because it's gameplay is one of those "dream games" that I've had in my head for awhile. Unfortunately, I kinda got into gaming a bit late to get in on Wing commander and Starlancer... I should have been around for Freelancer, but somehow I missed it. Really, the closest things I've played are Dark star One and X3, which I really enjoyed, but had some issues.

What I am most looking forward to is the modability, and the boarding actions (I'm not up on all the news, but they said that's a thing, right? It was fun in Battlefront 2, but I suspect this version will be way better). That's part of the reason I joined the Imperium fleet, because large-scale combat is always more epic.

Anywho, I donated at the Colonel level (plus some small add-ons). This easily makes it the most I've spent on a single game, so I really hope it lives up to what it looks like it will accomplish. I would have donated more just to support the game... but as I said before, I am a grad student. :P

I'll be around a bit on the forums here, but I probably won't be super active until alpha is released.

Greeting humans... and also any non-humans.

I am Thrawn, I meandered on over here from the Star Wars universe, where I faked my own death. I figure I'll be slumming it in this universe for awhile.

Ok, enough of that... I'm not really into RP or anything, just trying to make this thread a little more interesting than :"Hi, guys."

In real life, I'm a grad student at the University of Nebraska. I'm a big sci-fi fan, especially Star Wars, as you can probably tell from the above shinanigans. I am really excited about the Star Citizen universe, Both because its flavor looks really fun, and because it's gameplay is one of those "dream games" that I've had in my head for awhile. Unfortunately, I kinda got into gaming a bit late to get in on Wing commander and Starlancer... I should have been around for Freelancer, but somehow I missed it. Really, the closest things I've played are Dark star One and X3, which I really enjoyed, but had some issues.

What I am most looking forward to is the modability, and the boarding actions (I'm not up on all the news, but they said that's a thing, right? It was fun in Battlefront 2, but I suspect this version will be way better). That's part of the reason I joined the Imperium fleet, because large-scale combat is always more epic.

Anywho, I donated at the Colonel level (plus some small add-ons). This easily makes it the most I've spent on a single game, so I really hope it lives up to what it looks like it will accomplish. I would have donated more just to support the game... but as I said before, I am a grad student. :P

I'll be around a bit on the forums here, but I probably won't be super active until alpha is released.

~S~

LMAO Welcome Oh Dead One, may you hide better then most and live like a King...   Oh watch some of the peeps around here if you have a bounty on your head heheheh

~S~

LMAO Welcome Oh Dead One, may you hide better then most and live like a King...   Oh watch some of the peeps around here if you have a bounty on your head heheheh

Thanks, I'm glad someone got a kick out of that. :D

• 5 years later...
On 2/13/2013 at 4:20 PM, Thrawn said:

I figure I'll be slumming it in this universe for awhile.

It isn't going to be slumming, mate.

Wilkommen.

On 2/13/2013 at 4:20 PM, Thrawn said:

I donated at the Colonel level (plus some small add-ons). 

Adorable. Now, hide your wallet.