At $62 million, you’ll unlock the boarding ship…  (We need a new Ship Manufacturer - and Please move this thread when posted - thanks)

Genesis-class Starliner – The Genesis is yet another landmark in Crusader Industries’ proud history of transport designs. This ship utilizes award-winning manufacturing techniques and the highest quality parts to create one thing; a next-generation passenger ship at a price that won’t break your budget. Crusader Industries’ proprietary NeoG engine technology offers some of the most efficient flight for a ship of its size. The Genesis line has been cited in Whitley’s as “one of the most reliable and safe public transport ships on the market.” Genesis Starliners are available in a number of stock configurations, focusing on everything from passenger capacity to freight to overall comfort. The UEE military operates multiple Genesis conversions for support roles, including SWACS and starflight test operations.

chris-olivia-starliner-action1-runwaycom

You’ll notice that both of these ships are from “new” manufacturers; that’s because the Star Citizen universe is expanding! My feeling was that specialized ships, like Star Citizen’s equivalent of an airliner, should have some additional backstory to make sense in our world. So, enjoy two new ships AND two niche companies to build them. -- Chris Roberts

Edited by VoA

I will go the extra mile and say based on this "a next-generation passenger ship" ,new TNGS is comming :P

Unfortunately Sandi already mentioned that TNGS 2.0 may not happen - it was a big production for CIG... .and they mentioned it may morph into "The Next Great Citizen".... not sure what that could be - but it might have to do with FPS.

We're really starting to get into very niche roles here. I really don't want to do a job where I'm expected to arrive safely 99.9999% of the time. Not in a video game, I mean. Its just boring. I can't imagine what could possibly make me want to pledge RL money on this. Maybe, when the PU is live and I have collected every ship by purchasing them with in-game currency, I'll get one. But to pledge for a dedicated transport now? Waste of money.

But if it floats your boat, go for it.  Its just like my opinion, man.

@Mercer Good idea... It will have all the 890s and the Phoenixes and we can do a colonial transport mission. Someone should suggest that it will need to be done after terraforming a new planet found...

And the most awesome thing, is that you can even colonize that planet without sacrificing luxury!

We're really starting to get into very niche roles here. I really don't want to do a job where I'm expected to arrive safely 99.9999% of the time. Not in a video game, I mean. Its just boring. I can't imagine what could possibly make me want to pledge RL money on this. Maybe, when the PU is live and I have collected every ship by purchasing them with in-game currency, I'll get one. But to pledge for a dedicated transport now? Waste of money.

But if it floats your boat, go for it.  Its just like my opinion, man.

i agree that this might not be something that most of the players will want to do but such a niche ship does make sense as it just adds to the realistic feel to have some ships that are specifically designed for certain roles. That would at least be much more realistic than only having Luxus Liners (890 or Phoenix) and modified Freelancers etc as ships for public transportation, but that are just my 0,02 UEC

Interesting, I hadn't considered the name before.  Genesis implies that the ship may be used for colonization efforts.  As the biblical or Star Trekian meanings might imply. Still would never pledge for one with RL money though.

I can foresee, FPS boarding by terrorist pirates!!

So, who want's to be the Air/Space Marshal on Liners? Lol

I can foresee that its a trap and those 100 passengers are our highly trained combat boarding personnel. One more redeemer/caterpillar added to our fleet!

I can foresee, FPS boarding by terrorist pirates!!

So, who want's to be the Air/Space Marshal on Liners? Lol

Yeah it'll be like Non-Stop(2014). We can even have Liam Neeson do it because he was also Obi Wan, so just this dude in a Jedi robe being the space marshal. 

@Mercer Good idea... It will have all the 890s and the Phoenixes and we can do a colonial transport mission. Someone should suggest that it will need to be done after terraforming a new planet found...

That just makes me imagine a fleet of them transporting marines in 5 star accommodations, after-all, can't go into a firefight without pampering yourself up, ah a nice spa on the way to battle.

Shuttling people around the verse to their various hangars will be big business (or back to their older hangars to get their ships out if they are migrating their ships). There will be good paying missions for this (people are like cargo) including shuttling NPCS. Luxury shuttling will pay even more:)

Hey guys! As promised, we're providing pricing information one week before the concept sale. The Starliner will go to concept for $400.

(Since I know this will result in a few days of 'why does it cost so much?!' threads before the sale hits, I'll go ahead and say that it's a big ship that's going to unlock some interesting new gameplay. Passenger capacity is forty, putting it somewhere between the Phoenix and the 890 Jump on the 'personal transport' scale. You'll learn plenty more about it next Friday, including specifics on why you'd want a passenger ship in the first place... which I'm really excited to share.)