Welcome to Star Citizen Base

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The next Imperium Game Day will be held on February 25th. Please click here for more information on how to join.

VoA

Duplicate Topic - Close / Hide / Delete - please - Thanks

At $61 million, you’ll unlock the boarding ship…  (We need a new Ship Manufacturer - and Please move this thread when posted - thanks)

Espera Prowler – Named after the UPE military designation, the Prowler is a modernized version of the infamous Tevarin boarding craft from the First Tevarin War. With the recent discovery of the lost Tevarin planet in Kabal System, Espera’s engineers were given unmitigated access to examine the preserved ships found in several of the caches, before meticulously recreating the design choices. The Sentinel’s effectiveness as a rapid personnel deployment vehicle was mainly due to its silence. The boarding was constructed using a variety of techniques to minimize its signatures and get close to unsuspecting vessels before quickly deploying their boarders via EVA. With the updated Prowler model, you will find the perfect fusion of two culture: the elegance and effectiveness of the Tevarin war machine combined with the reliability of modern UEE technology. (While lacking some of the upgrades of the modern version, vintage Tevarin-built Prowlers restored for modern spaceflight are prized by owners lucky enough to locate them.)

You’ll notice that both of these ships are from “new” manufacturers; that’s because the Star Citizen universe is expanding! My feeling was that specialized ships, like Star Citizen’s equivalent of an airliner, should have some additional backstory to make sense in our world. So, enjoy two new ships AND two niche companies to build them. -- Chris Roberts

Edited by VoA
Puls0nic, Scotterius and Nevermore like this

Oh this is a terrifying ship concept.  The first indication of attack might be a boarding alarm...or your character's screen flashing red and slumping over.  This little nightmare would be a good deterrent to min/maxing, and definitely a good reason to splurge on a whole new area of internal defenses and maybe pay for a gunslinging player or a marine npc or two.

I really, really like this. 

Bambaataa and VoA like this

The concept of a "stealth" boarder ship is a really cool twist I didn't see coming.  Very excited to see how this ship turns out.  

VoA likes this

In the current state of physics portrayed,  I would surmise that the ship will still have to be stationary to board (even with the Prowler).

Even a tractor beam will not hold onto a ship that is maneuvering.

It may take more interaction. Sneak up on ship. Disable it fast. Latch on and board.

By then, even the most sound sleeper will be up and aware.

Think about how hard this will be with Instancing. You are going to Way Point Zeta and are pulled out into an instance. You see nothing. Time to check the rear views for that Sneaky Pete, or just burn some fuel for the horizon.

Its role may be more of an Auxiliary Ship added onto a Combat Fleet to sardine can the disabled ships that are still crewed. - DRUM out

Painmiester, VoA and Bambaataa like this

In the current state of physics portrayed,  I would surmise that the ship will still have to be stationary to board (even with the Prowler).

Even a tractor beam will not hold onto a ship that is maneuvering.

It may take more interaction. Sneak up on ship. Disable it fast. Latch on and board.

By then, even the most sound sleeper will be up and aware.

Think about how hard this will be with Instancing. You are going to Way Point Zeta and are pulled out into an instance. You see nothing. Time to check the rear views for that Sneaky Pete, or just burn some fuel for the horizon. - DRUM out

Great points Drum.  Like I was saying above, I did not see a "stealth" boarding craft coming.  I was anticipating big guns, ion cannons to disable the ship, and some sorta explosive system to blow hatches or assault holes in the hull.  We may still see some of those things, but the description of the Prowler does not scream direct and loud.  My guess is the Prowler will be a more stealthy approach to boarding actions, but we'll likely see other ships from other manufacturers like Anvil or Aegis that are a more traditional boarding craft.  

VoA likes this