Redeemer Owners?

Sky Captain

And now I will be living in your ship forever. How many turrets does it have? I'm a sick gunner on a Gal in PS2 btw. Just don't be mad when you open the fridge and realize I ate your sandwich k?

The Redeemer looks pretty neat though I'd like to see something like a Lancer Frigate or Corellian Gunship in Star Wars terms where its sole purpose is to be anti-fighter (to which only a swarm of fighters could take it down). That kind of gunship, of course, is countered by long-range bombers and capital ships thus would need to be part of a larger force to be well rounded with a good fleet commander.

On the concept side of the Redeemer, they still haven't changed the circle in the middle of the soldier drop pod area or whatever. It drives me insane that they can't edge the seats back. When you drop from a dropship (just about 100% concept and RL) you STAND first and drop/rappel/whatever. In the design they have now: the circle opens....feet dangling...guess you scootch yourself off your chair like a legless lifeguard and hope for the best. Maybe the chair drops with you and is your parachute? Must get expensive to replace chairs all the time...Nit picky, I know...but still a disgusting design oversight since concept and now hangar delivery. Shame shame shame

There's two turrets! You're welcome anytime, just having the spare set of keys cut for you right now! It's got two turrets and I think the hatch by the seats is more of a docking port. 

What class is the redeemer  as it has a crew of 4-0r 5 

will it be in the same class as the connie( Large ).

Yes it is Large.  If you have one then you can go into your hanger on the RSI website to move it around to your various hanger slots.  That little "card" you move tells you the size of the ship; "L".  It also is prevented from being in the central hanger bay in the Asteroid hanger as that slot will only accept S or M size ships.  I'm still hoping I can stuff it inside a Reclaimer.

Im with you on this, but have you tried it out yet? What do you think about in terms of combat?

I can't wait till we get it AC ready (expect it will be a while as its a multi crew vessel).  It certainly looks quite nimble with all those thrusters (on par with the Cutlass for number..) obviously its weight in relation to the thrusters/inertia will effect performance but still.. can't wait to take it out for a spin.  WOOT  :)

A buff to the Redeemer?  Yes thanks, a different set of missiles and 2 new sets of guns...  This is becoming my favorite ship!

New added armament include:

CLASS-4 Unmanned twin turret (flanks) (2x S4) – 2x Kroneg FL-33 (S4)

CLASS-1 2× (2x S2) – 2x Omnisky IV Laser Cannon}  - stolen with the tears of Origin 300 series pilots.

and a replacement of the  CLASS-3 2× S2 – 10x ASIM-09 Spark III (2) to the CLASS-3 2× (5x S4) – 2× (5x Talon ASIM-20/c Stalker V per rack)

Personally, this is a welcome change, considering you could have 7 persons sitting in there and if that ship goes boom, they're all done.  There should be a certain amount of fire power per person I think.

Seeing this ship come to bare down on you should cause a brown trouser moment.

READ ABOUT IT HERE

A buff to the Redeemer?  Yes thanks, a different set of missiles and 2 new sets of guns...  This is becoming my favorite ship!

New added armament include:

CLASS-4 Unmanned twin turret (flanks) (2x S4) – 2x Kroneg FL-33 (S4)

CLASS-1 2× (2x S2) – 2x Omnisky IV Laser Cannon}  - stolen with the tears of Origin 300 series pilots.

and a replacement of the  CLASS-3 2× S2 – 10x ASIM-09 Spark III (2) to the CLASS-3 2× (5x S4) – 2× (5x Talon ASIM-20/c Stalker V per rack)

Personally, this is a welcome change, considering you could have 7 persons sitting in there and if that ship goes boom, they're all done.  There should be a certain amount of fire power per person I think.

Seeing this ship come to bare down on you should cause a brown trouser moment.

READ ABOUT IT HERE

This is post literally gave me the shivers. The additional fire power they gave the Redeemer is quite the "redeemer" compare to the old setup (sorry for my crappy pun). 

Good on CIG to address the major design flaw on the flanks. But...they coulda picked a ship that DIDN'T have that flaw...*cries over the Scimitar*

Hehe, anyway, I didn't grab one of these because it really doesn't fit what I plan on doing in the 'verse, but I wouldn't mind flying alongside one in my Tali!

Good on CIG to address the major design flaw on the flanks. But...they coulda picked a ship that DIDN'T have that flaw...*cries over the Scimitar*

Hehe, anyway, I didn't grab one of these because it really doesn't fit what I plan on doing in the 'verse, but I wouldn't mind flying alongside one in my Tali!

Well, I guess Ill be covering your 6 :D

There was some slight confusion regarding the number of Class-1's and number of Class-4's that were added. But Ben stated on Geekdomo's (?) Twitch that it would have 2 forward facing fixed Class-1's and 2 Class-4 (one on each flank). :D

Let's hope the endresult will look something like this (with extra Class-1's under the 'wings') :)

agrtraL.jpg

Still not sure how they plan to fit 2x5 Size 4 missiles in those internal launchers though; unless they give up on the internal ones and just add Class-3 hardpoints under the 'wings'.

There was some slight confusion regarding the number of Class-1's and number of Class-4's that were added. But Ben stated on Geekdomo's (?) Twitch that it would have 2 forward facing fixed Class-1's and 2 Class-4 (one on each flank). :D

Let's hope the endresult will look something like this (with extra Class-1's under the 'wings') :)

agrtraL.jpg

Still not sure how they plan to fit 2x5 Size 4 missiles in those internal launchers though; unless they give up on the internal ones and just add Class-3 hardpoints under the 'wings'.

Wow this looks so much meaner than the current version...and it doesn't even have all of the proposed weapons! HA! 

I would hate to be on the receiving side of that machine, it reeks of doom. I love it!! :D