Redeemer Owners?

Sky Captain

i got one it looks like there should be less space inside than actually is! i got rid of my cutlass for this bad boy!

Yes its deceptive! I was surprised when I walked about it with its multiple decks/layers.

I got one.   Now I need Marines to stuff inside it. 

I was really hoping to see that the crew quarters could transform into a medical bay.  If it won't then maybe I'll CCU the Herald (when able) into a Cutlass ambulance and have it tag along.

Marine Corps will be happy to help I'm sure!

http://forums.starcitizenbase.com/forum/227-imperium-marine-corps/

Just purchased my second Redeemer. Somebody Stop Me !!! LOL

LOL :D

I picked one up. I wasn't even thinking about this ship until it hit the market - very cool. I was actually thinking about the Retaliator as my "Med Fighter", but this seems to fill the roll much better - plus it's more than likely gonna be a lot more agile. I dunno though, once the Retaliator hits the market - I think it's gonna be hard to pass on it.

I just can't see what makes it better than an Andromeda, except for boarding operations. The price is too dang high for what I think I'll get. Pass. Also the engine nacelles look dumb. I'm going to nickname this ship "Clamps", like that gangster on Futurama.

I just can't see what makes it better than an Andromeda, except for boarding operations. The price is too dang high for what I think I'll get. Pass. Also the engine nacelles look dumb. I'm going to nickname this ship "Clamps", like that gangster on Futurama.

Well its lighter and smaller, so will be more manoeuvrable than a connie and therefore harder to hit but with same power planet and shields will be just as durable. Its ability to bring all arms to bear should be greater than a connie and I wouldn't want to be caught unaware with a redeemer bearing down firing all weapons.

It also as you say is a troop transport/boarding ship. It is definitely the more military specialized of the two. The connie is the jack of all trades but master of none.

I melted my avenger(non LTI) and hornet(no LTI) and paid 75$ for it. I personally love the look of it and the fact that shields seem to be such an important part of its concept that I cant help but think this thing can take a punch or 5. I am curious to the op that the devs said hornet>redeemer. Considering the turrets alone and harder shields, I can't really see that being feasible in a 1v1 situation.

I'm curious how people go about deciding to purchase ships pre-game, especially those with multiples. Are you building a character backstory to fill in how you got your ships? Who you bought it from (dealer, military, lemon lot, craigslist in space) if you have multiple is it as part of a larger organization/corporation type or do you see yourself as just a successful businessman/operator with lots of toys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any idea what the rarity of redeemer in the PU will be? Isn't it permanently for sale? This is a ship I'd like to earn in game ... pick up a busted up ex-mil version, strip it of excess ammo and mil equipment and use it to smuggle VIPs and small expensive packages. Not sure I'd be up for managing a crew of 5 and a gang of restless mercs right off the bat.

How rare are apples to oranges?

I'm curious how people go about deciding to purchase ships pre-game, especially those with multiples. Are you building a character backstory to fill in how you got your ships? Who you bought it from (dealer, military, lemon lot, craigslist in space) if you have multiple is it as part of a larger organization/corporation type or do you see yourself as just a successful businessman/operator with lots of toys.

I am not sure if there's a specific thread asking this question, but it sounds like a good idea for a thread. Everyone answering this question would derail the Redeemer thread pretty badly. ;)

I am not sure if there's a specific thread asking this question, but it sounds like a good idea for a thread. Everyone answering this question would derail the Redeemer thread pretty badly. ;)

cool, maybe a better question - what's your character's backstory for owning and operating a Military Gunboat - merc corp, militant client state, just looks cool in my garage next to m50 and 890, like when rich guys buy tanks.

cool, maybe a better question - what's your character's backstory for owning and operating a Military Gunboat - merc corp, militant client state, just looks cool in my garage next to m50 and 890, like when rich guys buy tanks.

ok, you could be a young man got those gifts from a wealthy widow, her first husband was the ex-CEO of Aegis Dynamics, .....and her last husband was the chairman of MISC, all of her ex-husbands had mystery fatal accidents in an asteroid hangar.....and then the insurance company hired you to investigate the accidents. That's why you have to approach the widow....

This video pretty much sums up my answer...but in space! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVoOGteFodc

Got one! Love the field of view in the cockpit and can't wait to board our enemies with it!

Our Arma 3 Training is yet to pull off my Friend. i will gladly crew your ship when you have an op to run.

This video pretty much sums up my answer...but in space! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVoOGteFodc

Now when we talk about an "I win" device I guess the apache comes close to that. Clearly the best heavy attack helicopter.

IMO opinion though your best comparing the Redeemer to the Russian Hind. Not as capable in combat but has troop carrying capabilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUwGj6MseNU

Got one! Love the field of view in the cockpit and can't wait to board our enemies with it!

And now I will be living in your ship forever. How many turrets does it have? I'm a sick gunner on a Gal in PS2 btw. Just don't be mad when you open the fridge and realize I ate your sandwich k?

The Redeemer looks pretty neat though I'd like to see something like a Lancer Frigate or Corellian Gunship in Star Wars terms where its sole purpose is to be anti-fighter (to which only a swarm of fighters could take it down). That kind of gunship, of course, is countered by long-range bombers and capital ships thus would need to be part of a larger force to be well rounded with a good fleet commander.

On the concept side of the Redeemer, they still haven't changed the circle in the middle of the soldier drop pod area or whatever. It drives me insane that they can't edge the seats back. When you drop from a dropship (just about 100% concept and RL) you STAND first and drop/rappel/whatever. In the design they have now: the circle opens....feet dangling...guess you scootch yourself off your chair like a legless lifeguard and hope for the best. Maybe the chair drops with you and is your parachute? Must get expensive to replace chairs all the time...Nit picky, I know...but still a disgusting design oversight since concept and now hangar delivery. Shame shame shame

Now when we talk about an "I win" device I guess the apache comes close to that. Clearly the best heavy attack helicopter.

IMO opinion though your best comparing the Redeemer to the Russian Hind. Not as capable in combat but has troop carrying capabilities.

Oh I wasn't referring to capabilities of the ship (even though I hope it becomes more apache-like), I was pointing out what I would do as in flying around the 'verse shooting bad guys and doing stunts lol. :)