Drake Herald revealed - On sale now

Inkarnus

Seems they have a fesh reveal planned for the herald link below

finally CIG doing something really special :3

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14249-UEE-Intercepted-Signal-The-Drake-Herald-Threat

i always wanted to be armed and dangerous

1ukyakklvmm.jpg

Technical details

Cutaway-Corasendal.jpg

Knowledge is power, and one of the most valuable commodities is pure information: the 1s and 0s behind everything from UEC ledgers to Citizenship ratings. Whether it’s colonists struggling to stay in contact with the UEE’s central worlds or criminals trading in illicit data, there will always be a need to securely move data. The Drake Herald, small, armored ship, is designed to fit that need and safely get that information from Point A to Point B. Featuring a powerful central engine (for high speed transit and generating the power needed for effective data encryption/containment), advanced encryption software and an armored computer core, the Herald is unique among personal spacecraft in that it is designed to be easily ‘cleaned’ when in danger of capture. The Herald includes an array of heavy duty internal options for data protection, including redundant power subsystems and EMP shielding, and a high-powered broadcast array for data transmission.

Herald-Pass05-Render01.jpg

Considered by some to be ‘so ugly it’s beautiful,’ the asymetrical Herald looks almost like the company’s take on a Vanduul design. The Herald is a true pilot ship, at its core consisting of little more than a seat, bunk, advanced electronics and two huge engines. Drake Heralds are sold for the purpose of sensitive data transmission, but the modularity of their supporting hardpoints will allow a significant number of other purposes. While Heralds can keep pace with the fastest racers, their maneuverability is lower… but the right pilot with dedicated modifications might be able to take home some prize credits!

Known specifications

Herald-Pass05-Render04.jpg

The following specifications come from an anonymous source among Drake Interplanetary’s top executives :

LENGTH 23m BEAM 15.5m HEIGHT 9.5m NULL-CARGO MASS 18000 Kg CARGO CAPACITY 0 SCU MAX CREW 2 persons MAX POWER PLANT 3 FACTORY POWER PLANT ACOM StarHeart III (2) MAX ENGINE (PRIMARY THRUSTER) 2x TR3 FACTORY ENGINE Coming Soon MANEUVERING THRUSTERS 8x TR1 FACTORY MANEUVERING THRUSTERS Drake Trireme Ina P MAX SHIELD 3 SHIELD Gorgon AllStop (2) CLASS-4 2x S1 Distortion Cannon, 1x S1 Laser Cannon

Authorities recommend caution regarding the unreliable source of these specifications.

Additional Equipment

The Drake Herald comes equipped with advanced encryption software, an armored computer core, a redundant power subsystem, EMP shielding and a high-power broadcast array.

Cutaway-Corasendal.jpg

Herald-3.jpg

Herald-2.jpg

The drake Herald, only looks ok from one angle...

Seriously, is that the only angle they have of it. I don't get the need for asymmetrical design in this ship.

Bought 3 so far but only for the CCU ability.

Herald full specs page. Decrypted ;)

If you delete the "decrypt-wrapper" node in the html file of the page the full stats become visible.

xpath: //*[@id="post"]/div[3]/div[4]/div[1]

Its especially easy with chrome and the F12 Developer option. Just expand the nodes and hit delete on the decrypt-wrapper one.

Should look like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4kyjaxmrbcrk24u/sc_decrypt.PNG?dl=0

So am I right in stating that if I have a Drake with LTI and do a CCU to a Freelancer, for example, the new ship will have LTI as it carries over from the Drake?

Yes*. But you have to wait for the Freelancer and the Herald to be in Arena Commander

* May change in the future.

I actually didn't even want the Cutlass anymore. I already have my Reclaimer, which is all I really wanted. I could melt down my connie and get three of those heralds, and be able to CCU them into almost anything afterwards? That's what I took from the video.

I actually didn't even want the Cutlass anymore. I already have my Reclaimer, which is all I really wanted. I could melt down my connie and get three of those heralds, and be able to CCU them into almost anything afterwards? That's what I took from the video.

Yep, LTI for all.