Wow if Exploring will be anything like this i probably need to reevaluate on it.

Inkarnus

Wow if Exploring will be anything like this i probably need to reevaluate on it. This video gave me some serious chills of joy!

I think its funny that almost everything awesome when it comes to derelict style has some form of Cyrillic characters in it.

And what a creepily mystic and cool ending! I caught the words Block 15 and Cryogen only because they sound like their English counterparts hehe

@Inkarnus That was friggin awesome, thanks for posting. Right off the bat I was there mentally and hope we can experience the thrill of it like the video. Chris did mention we won't know what we might find or run into on a derelict ship. If that is some kind of possibility, we will definitely get the ticker racing because there's no stop and save, so you better be a damn good FPS.

• 3 weeks later...

That what happens when you stumble upon a Russian ship - crazy robots go after you, but you find a sleeping beauty in a cryogenic chamber!   :lol:  

Was she a mail-in bride never delivered to the customer?  Mystery awaits. 

• 1 month later...

That was awesome.

Brings an interesting question... to recreate that feel.... the silence, the loneliness, the serenity, the sense of being far removed... do you want "music" in your game for moments like that, or pure environmental sounds?

Music might feel too scripted if it would start playing in the middle of nowhere imo. Or do you mean music on a continuous loop no matter where you are?

Personally I don't want any music in the PU, only ambient sounds. I'll use my own music when I need some :-)

SQ42 could have music for the more scripted scenes, since it would enhance the feeling of a story.

That was awesome.

Brings an interesting question... to recreate that feel.... the silence, the loneliness, the serenity, the sense of being far removed...  do you want "music" in your game for moments like that, or pure environmental sounds?

I prefer no music, at most maybe ambient sounds in the PU.... Now for Squadron 42 and certain scripted events I wouldn't mind music.  

Here is how I can imagine it, One Org goes out to explore some new system. They have an AI with them in a Mech suit. There happens to be some sort of alien that boards their ship and wipes out the human crew, but the AI in the Mech suit is able to kill off the aliens. With no Human control, the AI goes buggy/Glitchy. It decides to kill any moving target to preserve the spacecraft for the recently deceased org. And of course, we as Imperium discover this thing and find this hostile Mech, after defeating the mech, we could see about what has originally happened to the crew and make preparations so we do not fall to similar fate. 

As for the last scene with the chick... I have no idea on how to translate that into Star Citizen.... Maybe a test experiment was ran on her, I do not know.