Aegis Vanguard - Twin Engine Deep Space Fighter

Wu Jen

well i think if they noticed the little storm about the vanguard we are likely to see 2 outcomes

1. they ruduce the  price

or

2. they keep the price and overbuff the Vanguard (to maybe nerf it later on)

They may reduce the price, but i doubt the will nerf the ship. The buyers will keep complaining about the price versus the power of the ship, forever and never.

Its an eternal dilemma. If they dont drop the price, people will expect that,  as higher the price goes, as higher the power will folow. And also the complains about it.

If i were CIG reduce the price, and then, release a MUCH better, and expensive, variation. Like was with SH. Problem solved.

You mean before they removed the canard and downsized the top turret just recently?

Well, about that...

Let me ask you something :

The changes they are doing in the AC, will remain the same in the PU?

Some times, I see people too much worried about the AC, but in PU, how things are going to work there?

And to be honest, sometimes I think that, the price of the Vanguard is that high because the AC. But that's my opinion anyway.

I really can't say. But at $250 I'd expect the Vanguard to take out the Redeemer as it's a fighter not a transport.

And I'd expect a Super Hornet to crush Aurora and 300 series in groups, but we've how enough people clamor for balance even though the cost is fairly disproportionate.

Are they only going to balance things for Arena Commander? That doesn't make sense because AC is supposed to be for practice. How do you learn strategy and tactics with a false sense of balance and security and then get stomped in the PU?

Call me gun shy about the Vanguard. I'm looking forward to seeing it, but there's some inconsistency in how things get nerfed. I expect to see the Redeemer get nerfed as well. Well, these ships purpose built for violence are supposed to be overpowered compared to noob cargo carriers and lightweight interceptors.

I really can't say. But at $250 I'd expect the Vanguard to take out the Redeemer as it's a fighter not a transport.

And I'd expect a Super Hornet to crush Aurora and 300 series in groups, but we've how enough people clamor for balance even though the cost is fairly disproportionate.

Are they only going to balance things for Arena Commander? That doesn't make sense because AC is supposed to be for practice. How do you learn strategy and tactics with a false sense of balance and security and then get stomped in the PU?

Call me gun shy about the Vanguard. I'm looking forward to seeing it, but there's some inconsistency in how things get nerfed. I expect to see the Redeemer get nerfed as well. Well, these ships purpose built for violence are supposed to be overpowered compared to noob cargo carriers and lightweight interceptors.

Wait. AC it isn't a place for people to practice. They have high hopes for AC. Even to work as some kind of a place for competitions. So it is more than just a place to practice. It is what people do with it now. But that's not the main purpose.

And I agree with you, there is something odd with the logic in these days in the AC. Because they are nerfing the high profile ships, but they are always trying to sell them at higher prices. SH was expensive, so was Redeemer, and now Vanguard. But I thing they are doing this because of the AC, lets see how things are going to be in the PU.

I think they're just using AC to get the roughest approximation of balancing and are mainly focusing on getting things just close enough that people keep on testing and testing as new components get added, particularly at this point.  They always talked about how AC was always going to have a much faster ttk than the pu, describing it as a game within the game, in such a way that while its physics may be just like the PU the gameplay itself(damage and effects from weapons/components) would be be more arcadey than the "real" game(PU).  

Haha, heavy fighter confirmed, and I think it looks pretty damn sweet, definitely shades of the p-38.  Not sure why the turret would need to retract, seems unnecessary(wings too, unless they actually put thrusters on the wings and extending them would provide extra leverage for dogfighting maneuvers), and the tractor landing gear feels a bit excessive, but those are mainly quibbles.  The moment I heard heavy fighter and saw its form, especially the twin nacelles I'd already thrown my wallet at the screen.

Sigh.... CIG does it again....  I was really against the $250 price (relative to the other ships in that price range).... but when you fall in love with something... sometimes price isn't an issue  :wub:  ...... notice the fins on the rear fuselage  --- the fins are similar the "V" thrusters on the Redeemer - maybe as a heat loss element......

5XQHGE3.png

VfT3YDh.png

tLvmETO.png

I think I'd have preferred intakes/hydrogen scoops that weren't circular, but other than that...prrrr.

and given that the missile/rocket pods retract I wonder if they're going to give it internal ammo reload/storage capabilities

Well I'm planning on staying more into the exploration side of things, and this ship looks aesthetically "ok" to me but listening to them talk about the damage it can take and the fact it's a heavy hitter makes me think I'll pick this up as my first secondary ship to join in fleet combat maneuvers if I decide to give my Aquila a break. It could also be a good back up for explorers after we find something that we need a little more umph to get through than our connie allows :)

I love it, I might get one but that depends on some additional information they provide with the sale. They never mentioned the advanced sensor suite it should have.

There are many retractable things with cool animations - not just the m ain wings, it´s the turret, the missile launchers, apparently the guns under the intakes and there seem to be two additional retractable guns behind the cockpit.

The design is very Redeemer'ish - that´s not a bad thing because I only disliked its engine section.

What I dislike about this design ist the back section. Specificaly the gap between the main body, engines and the support structure that´s at the back. Just looks a bit too fragile to me.

I love it, I might get one but that depends on some additional information they provide with the sale. They never mentioned the advanced sensor suite it should have.

There are many retractable things with cool animations - not just the m ain wings, it´s the turret, the missile launchers, apparently the guns under the intakes and there seem to be two additional retractable guns behind the cockpit.

The design is very Redeemer'ish - that´s not a bad thing because I only disliked its engine section.

What I dislike about this design ist the back section. Specificaly the gap between the main body, engines and the support structure that´s at the back. Just looks a bit too fragile to me.

That bit you mentioned about the gap between engines and the body is what's throwing me off too. I agree it does make it seem a bit more fragile, most likely why they were saying you could loose one of those areas and keep flying home. But its the actual look of the gap that kinda to me anyways brings down the look of the ship. Love the front end though!

Haha, heavy fighter confirmed, and I think it looks pretty damn sweet, definitely shades of the p-38.  Not sure why the turret would need to retract, seems unnecessary(wings too, unless they actually put thrusters on the wings and extending them would provide extra leverage for dogfighting maneuvers), and the tractor landing gear feels a bit excessive, but those are mainly quibbles.  The moment I heard heavy fighter and saw its form, especially the twin nacelles I'd already thrown my wallet at the screen.

Think of the F-14, that's why the wings are there to help with dogfighting (read my posts before about the Vanguard = F-14)........Don't add thrusters to the wings, that's just nonsense. The Vanguard has F-14 all over it, the turret re-tracks when jumping or for that max speed when not in contact.

I don't care what others say, I love thinking out of the box and I'm buying two Vanguards. :wub: