Xi'an Scout Hangar ETA

IceShades

It seems that I'm the only one excited about this ship.

LOL - No I am very excited too and its perhaps my 2nd favorite ship behind the Phoenix :wub: .... but my 890 Jump and Reclaimer come in close as well...

Unfortunately it will likely be the last of the single (to double) seated fighter to be introduced into AC :(   The reason isn't popularity - it is because the Khartu-Al will have a very unique flight and fighting style and will probably be the hardest small ship to balance vs the other.  I am really looking forward to flying it though :wub:

One of the coolest ships in my opinion, really badly wanted to get one but those actually selling one expects huge sums so it probably won't happen :( 

All the alien-designs look amazing, heard a rumor they'd release more alien ships soon but could be wrong.

Don't worry too much. The Xi'an has been on a concept sale twice so far. I expect they will most likely bring it out again sometime between now and Squadron 42 launch. I wish they would let us know the timetable for their sales of other ships, though. I want to make sure I have enough funds for what I am going to want during the November sale-if they do that agan.

They said it won't come up until after 1.0. I'm hoping soon after, nowhere near 2.0. I'm extremely looking forward to this ship! I'm usually so surprised to see how many people are offloading their own. A lot of sales seem to include this, or if people are melting it seems to be generally in the list. I have faith! I want my super maneuverable light stinger craft! I think it's a major justification to us having seen it on the M50 flair stand.

Yeah, but we finally know it's not just put on the backburner. It's being worked on.

Indeed. Atleast the concept side is complete and finalised. Just need them to model it and get it in the Hangar for a start! I wonder if they will just do it in one go though and get it flight ready instead of giving it to us in stages...

Indeed. Atleast the concept side is complete and finalised. Just need them to model it and get it in the Hangar for a start! I wonder if they will just do it in one go though and get it flight ready instead of giving it to us in stages...

I think that CIG will stick to their business model with 3 main sales; Concept, Hangar, and Flight ready. It's worked for them so far marketing - wise so I doubt they'll change it. The only thing that concerns me is that the main engines are gimballed which is completely different than any ship so far. I'm thinking they might have to come up with a completely different IFCS script which might be what takes it a while to get flight ready.

I think that CIG will stick to their business model with 3 main sales; Concept, Hangar, and Flight ready. It's worked for them so far marketing - wise so I doubt they'll change it. The only thing that concerns me is that the main engines are gimballed which is completely different than any ship so far. I'm thinking they might have to come up with a completely different IFCS script which might be what takes it a while to get flight ready.

Ben actually talked about the Xi'An Khartu-Al having a completely different flight model than the rest of the ships...... but also confirmed that it will be the last of the single seater fighters to be in AC.... as a result.

I don't mind...... its likely to be my favorite fighter (and second favorite ship only to the Phoenix)...... so I can wait for them to perfect it.  It's likely to be overpowered when it initially comes out (just like the M50 is a bit overpowered now - too hard to kill if played right).

@VoA i agree. Let them take all the time they need to get it AC ready.  I hope they really make the feeling different so you know you're playing a ship that's alien.  A ship that comes from a different mindset of peoples. Although i would REALLY appreciate seeing it in my hangar soonish.

Ben actually talked about the Xi'An Khartu-Al having a completely different flight model than the rest of the ships...... but also confirmed that it will be the last of the single seater fighters to be in AC.... as a result.

I don't mind...... its likely to be my favorite fighter (and second favorite ship only to the Phoenix)...... so I can wait for them to perfect it.  It's likely to be overpowered when it initially comes out (just like the M50 is a bit overpowered now - too hard to kill if played right).

She's a two-seater ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...