Chris Olivia - Career Shift

Drum

Chris Olivia has left CIG. Not the first to go nor will he be the last.

Curiously I have no real sense of him. He was deeply involved with TNGS, but more of a behind the scenes player in his real occupation.

As long as Chrsi Roberts keeps his vison, I do not see any of the people who leave for a better opportunity elsewhere being a concern. - DRUM out

Speculation on my part but it seems from the citizencon last week, art assets and other visual design tasks are being relocated to other studios. Austin office is taking leads on PU and back end operation. Chris might not have wished to relocate and parted ways.

Regardless, I wish him the best.

I would have to agree with @NuclearWoo, as the roles of the different development offices are redefined, the need for specific talents in certain locations will change as well. So I would not be surprised if this played into this separation. I don't really remember the specific title the Chris held in the Austin office, but it was something along the lines of "Artistic Advisor", similar to Mark Skelton. Now that the Austin office is mostly focused on the development of the economy and PU mechanics, I wouldn't be surprised if more employees from the "art" discipline are either relocated of eliminated.

I would have to agree with @NuclearWoo, as the roles of the different development offices are redefined, the need for specific talents in certain locations will change as well. So I would not be surprised if this played into this separation. I don't really remember the specific title the Chris held in the Austin office, but it was something along the lines of "Artistic Advisor", similar to Mark Skelton. Now that the Austin office is mostly focused on the development of the economy and PU mechanics, I wouldn't be surprised if more employees from the "art" discipline are either relocated of eliminated.

His title was ' Chief Visual Officer' 

I'm sure he is talented but I never was too impressed with him as a person on screen. That may be an unfair assessment as that is not his job and he may just be a quiet guy, but to me he gave off the vibe that this whole thing was beneath him somehow, like he was "too cool" for it or something. It always bugged me during TNGS when he would be asked for his opinion and it was like pulling teeth to get him to say anything worthwhile and constructive half the time.