Welcome to Star Citizen Base

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Flatfoot

MISC Endeavor

438 posts in this topic
6 minutes ago, Gremlich said:

AT this time, not according to the available information. The Orion is currently the only ship able to do that. As others have said, it would require another module

NOT an industry ship by default. How do you reach such a conclusion. It is patently a science and exploration ship that can also support both a Hospital function and agricultural research.

Processing of plants and herbs to be turned into chemical or other agents to me does signal an industrial format. Thats only one possibility.

The fact you can craft and sell overclocked modules as a business option too, does indeed highlight it's industry potential, if thats somthing people want to follow.

18 minutes ago, Basard said:

Processing of plants and herbs to be turned into chemical or other agents to me does signal an industrial format. Thats only one possibility.

The fact you can craft and sell overclocked modules as a business option too, does indeed highlight it's industry potential, if that's somthing people want to follow.

While somewhat semantically and dictionarily correct, your ideas are a matter of scale, such a module or capability on a single ship would barely constitute an industry. "Breaking bad"-style drug production is not Industry but is a Cottage-industry. That large-scale process is found in the Pharmaceutical Industry - such as with Bayer and J&J. Again small-scale production, which can be part of Industry, isn't in and of itself, Industry with a big "I". Outfitting a whole space station to produce the things that a parent company in another system produces, makes it part of BIG industry. Covert/illegal production isn't the same. Overclocking items by a Mom and Pop? Not an industry, that's a business. Again, scale.

pods 1 -JumpPoint_03-10_Oct-15_Ein-Praechtiges-Unterfangen.jpg

pods 2 - JumpPoint_03-10_Oct-15_Ein-Praechtiges-Unterfangen.jpg

Switch likes this

It's no different from a fisherman owning 1 small fishing vessel with a crew of 10. Just because it's not on the scale of 1000-1 doesn't mean it's not an industy.

You could argue that the prospector or even the starfarer for there size can't be on the same principle of scale. It's really a fools logic to think so.

We don't even know how big these work stations currently are either. And how much product can be moved from A-B, but regardless it does constitute to an industry regardless.

2 hours ago, Basard said:

I was refering to the size itself ingame, and the fact it's a industry ship by default.

"Industry, economic activity concerned with the processing of raw materials and manufacture of goods in factories". I'd say the Endeavor falls in line with the term "Industry" by how you set it up on a module basis.

google much? :D Industrial and industry are two separate things. It defines industry, but lacks the sizing to be industrial. I have my Endeavor Hope to look after that medical industry.

Listen to Gremlich :)

6 minutes ago, Devil Khan said:

google much? :D Industrial and industry are two separate things. It defines industry, but lacks the sizing to be industrial. I have my Endeavor Hope to look after that medical industry.

Listen to Gremlich :)

Nothing wrong with googling, aslong as it provides a line of truth. Inwhich i'd say it has. :)

cot·tage in·dus·try
noun
a business or manufacturing activity carried on in a person's home ship.

This is what we'll be able to do. Scale, mate, it comes down to scale.

AstroJak likes this

6 minutes ago, Gremlich said:

cot·tage in·dus·try
noun
a business or manufacturing activity carried on in a person's home ship.

This is what we'll be able to do. Scale, mate, it comes down to scale.

So we'll all be jumping on the bandwagon if making these chemicals / OC parts make some serious $ and have a Big industry / cartel. ^.^

So like anything (ship) increase the numbers to increase the scale.

30 minutes ago, Basard said:

So like anything (ship) increase the numbers to increase the scale.

Yes, exactly. One Endeavour in each (or a whole lot of them) system producing the same widget I would say constitutes an Industry with a captial "I".

2 minutes ago, Gremlich said:

Yes, exactly. One Endeavour in each (or a whole lot of them) system producing the same widget I would say constitutes an Industry with a captial "I".

Same for the Orion and Reclaimer Agree! :)

On 3/5/2017 at 2:37 PM, Gremlich said:

Would you still say it's up in the air on what you're considering to produce? "Plants/Animals/Overclocking/research"  My concern is Plants, you have to get a specific radiation so traveling to a location, some not being safe and I assume there's the same "Risk Reward" for other modules.  If there's something I can sit in safe space and mass produce multiple products at once while profiting, I'm interested.  

I assume Overclocking we would have to interact with since SC wants some things like Repair to be skill based, just theory though. Animals and farms I feel could be periodical harvesting but would be low return in safe space.

13 hours ago, Switch said:

Would you still say it's up in the air on what you're considering to produce? "Plants/Animals/Overclocking/research"  My concern is Plants, you have to get a specific radiation so traveling to a location, some not being safe and I assume there's the same "Risk Reward" for other modules.  If there's something I can sit in safe space and mass produce multiple products at once while profiting, I'm interested.  

I assume Overclocking we would have to interact with since SC wants some things like Repair to be skill based, just theory though. Animals and farms I feel could be periodical harvesting but would be low return in safe space.

IRL, we can replicate many different types of light artificially, so well in fact, that plants can't tell. Of course, as part of SC lore, there could be background radiation combined with a specific light frequency that makes the difference in a given system.