Flatfoot

MISC Endeavor

You might need to keep in mind that the images you see in a concept sale ate just that...conceptual. It should be that if the want it to fit 15 Cutlass, they could make it happen, no?

True, but the images we see during a concept sale are now supposed to be the finalized ones with proper dimensions that Chris Roberts agreed to and signed off on (unlike in the past where there were sizing issues between concept and model like the 'Hobbins Hole'). As such I doubt there will be any major changes to the current exterior design. :)

So it may just be that Ben and Lando are mistaken and it can hold 1 Cutlass or 2 Auroras or something. Kinda like how the Javelin Hangar is supposed to work. ;)

Dana is right, there is no way to fit 2 cutlasses side by side in that hangar (given the current specs) cutlasses are 25m wide so you would need at least a hangar  that is 60m wide which is wider than the widest part of the endeavor (I assume the rear engines are the widest at 48m). It would be possible to fit them behind one another but that would be over 58m deep just for the ships which is over 1/4 of the ship's length (however the flightdeck of the current hangar looks a lot less deep to me). It looks like the concept will not reflect the ultimate ship, either that or the specs will be nerfed after the sale :P

Yeah, having 2 Cutlasses behind eachother could be an option but it might cause problems with the way the attachment points are set up as it would span the entire 'work area' of the ship. NAIIMA also illustrated this in another image here :)

Endeavour-NAIIMA.thumb.jpg.f19b7dff09d33

Interested in seeing if a landing bay pod will aid in loading and unloading cargo or if this could be done just as efficiently with the airlock docks. Considering if you were rolling a Olympic class and wanted to move in supplies and haul out produce.

That's actually as very good question! When you have a buisness like farming that requires a good deal of raw materials to be delivered and an even greater amount of finished product going out how can that happen via an airlock? I'm not sure if we have any farmers in Imperium but I would surmise that some level of packaging needs to occur before shipping said food goods off to marker.

Anyone have a take on this?

AJ

AstroJak

Update- booster what if they made the workshop slightly long and then had the hanger entry from one side rather than the rear as shown in the "blue prints"?

True, but the images we see during a concept sale are now supposed to be the finalized ones with proper dimensions that Chris Roberts agreed to and signed off on (unlike in the past where there were sizing issues between concept and model like the 'Hobbins Hole'). As such I doubt there will be any major changes to the current exterior design.

So it may just be that Ben and Lando are mistaken and it can hold 1 Cutlass or 2 Auroras or something. Kinda like how the Javelin Hangar is supposed to work.

Yeah, having 2 Cutlasses behind eachother could be an option but it might cause problems with the way the attachment points are set up as it would span the entire 'work area' of the ship. NAIIMA also illustrated this in another image here

/uploads/monthly_2015_10/Endeavour-NAIIMA.jpg.2103a46493ae71a339d5e029f03b5a61.jpg">Endeavour-NAIIMA.thumb.jpg.f19b7dff09d33190e33755738fb150da.jpg

As long as I can fit my hull A or B in to load and unload goods I could care less about how big the hangar really is. It's not ment to be a carry-all transport, be thankful it has a hangar at all.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

As long as I can fit my hull A or B in to load and unload goods I could care less about how big the hangar really is. It's not ment to be a carry-all transport, be thankful it has a hangar at all.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

I think we can safely state that there is no chance a hull B will fit in that hangar, esp. With the struts extended ;-)

I just found out that the Pledge Store and my wallet have been colluding about getting this ship behind my back.

I have successfully subdued the latter perpetrator before any damage could be done.

If I melt three ships and two BUKs, I'll have $535 towards an Endeavour.

Spare change?

Edited by Gremlich

RTV _ ep 65 News..

Explorer Module lands but not the Workshop - that will stay in orbit (Ben also mentioned that there will be orbital docks - since the Endeavor Workshop isn't the only ship that needs to stay in orbit)

Lisa mentioned that Ben came up with about 30 different Endeavor module ideas in 5 different categories - but they will focus on finishing up other ships first (but these ideas area already on paper) :wub:

Edited by VoA

I just found out that the Pledge Store and my wallet have been colluding about getting this ship behind my back.

I have successfully subdued the latter perpetrator before any damage could be done.

If I melt three ships and two BUKs, I'll have $535 towards an Endeavour.

Spare change?

Be careful this kind of logic ends up in a Master Class.

Endeavor Q&A 

ENDEAVOR Q&A - PART 1

CO_Beauty_Explorer.jpg

Greetings Citizens,

post.jpg

You’ve got questions, we’ve got answers! Earlier this week, we kicked off a concept sale for the new Endeavor science ship and its modules. Today and next week, we’ll be answering questions collected on the forums (the second and third Q&A will post on Wednesday and Friday next week.) Thank you to designer Dan Tracy for helping with these questions, which will hopefully clear up anything you’re wondering about the ship. Please also note that questions about the design/gameplay mechanics will be addressed by Tony Zurovec in next week’s Q&A sessions. Enjoy!

Question & Answer

What ship combinations (besides two Cutlasses) can fit in the Landing Bay and successfully be launched and maintained?

“Like the Javelin’s hangar, the number of ships allowed depends on the size of those ships, specifically. The Landing Bay is currently spec’d to be 30m wide, 65m deep running underneath the main spine of the Endeavor, and 10m tall. The included facilities and systems can accommodate possibly to 4 craft as space allows. Remember, that the general rule in Star Citizen is that ‘if it fits, it sits’ (with a max limit of four with regards to munitions/stores/etc.); so you can calculate the space any individual ship using those measurements.

Is the 500 SCU listing for cargo in the explorer cab only? Can the fuel pod be used for cargo, and if so, for how much each?

The Cargo space is inside the Explorer cab as it will be the section breaking off and landing for deliveries. The Fuel-Pods would not be able to double-up as cargo, but they could store other in-flight consumables like battery packs or ammunition in certain configurations.

Can the hangar bay be used to store cargo? If so, how much?

Dimensions of the Hangar. It would be possible to install optional Cargo-locking plates to the Landing Bay and use some of the space for hauling. Overall, you’d be able to add roughly 4500 additional SCU of cargo to the ship if you used half of the available space in the Landing Bay (with the remaining space being used to enable a Cutlass to land/take-off with that cargo.)

Can I own only the Explorer cab?

We considered this as an option, but decided against it; without the ability to equip a jump drive, players starting with an Explorer cab would be trapped in one star system… not so much fun for exploring!

Do the modules have to be used in pairs, equal parts on each side? We want asymmetry!

At the moment, all modules are ‘twofers’ that give you both the left and right slot, which maintains symmetry. Remember that asymmetry makes balancing thrusters significantly more difficult, so the ship has been intentionally designed to ‘pair’ modules in this fashion. (It’s possible in the future that disparate 1×1 modules might be made available, but this is likely something we would wait until the game launches to create so that players can see them in action with the impact they’ll have on the ship before choosing to buy them.)

The landing bay is 2×1. Can I equip 3 landing bays?

No, as noted in the SKU the landing bays are limited to one per ship. This is because the additional bays would block one another when slung under the ship!

If you add additional pods later in development, will they be included in the Master Set?

No, the Master Set includes only what is listed. In general, we try not to avoid packages that might someday limit discovery in the persistent universe! Buying a ‘module subscription’ today just wouldn’t be as much fun in the long run…

Why doesn’t the Explorer Cab come with a jump drive, when smaller ships already in the game have that capability? Can a jump drive be added aftermarket?

There is no slot for an aftermarket jump drive. From a game design perspective, this is important because every ship should not be able to do every job (else, why operate a dedicated explorer ship?); in the game world, the intention is that the Explorer cab uses all its space for armor and shielding, and does not have the power plant to also support a jump drive.

Are the module spots pre-determined? Can I install the modules in any spot they’ll fit, either fore or aft?

Module spots are not pre-determined. Modules can fit anywhere on the 3×2 grid not blocked by another module. For an example of this: the Olympic mounts two sets of biodome pairs; the domes are pretty large and the reason you can’t mount three is that the space that a third would need is crowded out by the other two. You could mount a different 2×1 between the Bio-Dome modules as long as it’s one that has a small footprint.

Can any of these pods be equipped on other MISC ships like the Hull Series, and can cargo pods from the Hull be used for the Endeavor?

Cargo pods from the Hull are standardized and can be stored aboard the Endeavor. We have not determined whether or not you can ‘plug them in’ to the sides. The scientific pods cannot be attached to the Hull series.

I don't think it's *that* complicated.. I just think they have a terrible habit of not addressing the major questions in their initial q&a.

I'll decide on the 9th if I'm going to melt some stuff for one. Before then I hope CIG reads people's questions and gets a proper feel of the biggest concerns.

I don't think it's *that* complicated.. I just think they have a terrible habit of not addressing the major questions in their initial q&a.

I'll decide on the 9th if I'm going to melt some stuff for one. Before then I hope CIG reads people's questions and gets a proper feel of the biggest concerns.

imo they are being overly cautious with the sale of this one. Some of the answers were already detailed prior to Q&A but seem they rly want to make sure there is no misunderstanding/confusion over what can fit and what cannot. 

Id rather they focus on the depth of gameplay aspects bei it farming or zero gravity experiment or biology study or whatever. Hopefully in the next Q&As.

Looks like my educated guess that they would put the cutlasses behind each other in the hangar was right but I still feel that the dimensions of the hangar as shown in the concept sale is not even close to being 65m deep (unless they mean the total length of the module but then it would not fit 2 cutlasses behind each other). If you look at the picture then the flightdeck looks just barely longer than it is wide.

I'd expect that gameplay wise, there would be missions for a Hope involving disaster relief or as a contract from the UEE for mercenary work supporting troops during a major confrontation.

Edit: There is something off about the scale on that image. The available cockpit space at the front of the endeavor doesn't look right in comparison to the cutlass. There is no way anyone could fit in the front area of the endeavor with the cockpit size it has.

Edit2: Nevermind. Looks like the cockpit is fine. I was mistaking the "bumper" for the cockpit.

Edited by Terran587

OK guys,

I melt my 890J and the merchantman and adds only 50 USD to get the Endeavor Master-Set.

I think this is the best combination with my Carrack and can support the Imperium in a better kind.

Now I will concentrate on Exploration/Science (Carrack, Endeavor) and Combat (Talli, Superhornet).

OK guys,

I melt my 890J and the merchantman and adds only 50 USD to get the Endeavor Master-Set.

I think this is the best combination with my Carrack and can support the Imperium in a better kind.

Now I will concentrate on Exploration/Science (Carrack, Endeavor) and Combat (Talli, Superhornet).

Personally, I would never melt a jump if I owned one. It's limited in number and won't see a sale ever again.