MISC Endeavor

Flatfoot

Hull A and B will likely fit easily, freelancer may be to big but close. Be nice if I could use the 2 hangar slots as one for parking a larger ship.

Ben thought it could fit 2 Cutlass Red's side by side (see his comment on this thread from yesterday)  - so my guess is yes a Freelancer would fit (but it's probably the biggest ship - depending on it re-vamp).

Teller does some Awesome vids (above post) :wub:

++++++

The 890 Jump (maybe the most profitable ship in the game - with the VIP mission.... and without all the set-up and crew costs, + extended mission time, etc...).... is the one ship I implore people not to melt to get the Endeavor (that and the Phoenix are are going to be much harder to get in the PU than the Endeavor).  Best solution is to just up your pledge or trade it to someone else in Imperium (they buy you an Endeavor and they trade it to you for your Endeavor + Modules).  Found this size comparison on RSI Forums :wub:  +++ 

+++ Posted more comparison images on the last post on this thread --->> Updated Ship Size Comparison Chart

There we go .... Endeavour size comparison to an 890 JUMP:

rE07qQz.jpg

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

qI3TXCA.jpg

nmuDI0u.jpg

Edited by VoA

Does Hull A or Freelancer fit inside the dock ?

I would say yes, you can fit a pair of cutlass's inside.

The Landing Bay Pod slings a single, large hangar underneath the spacecraft and attaches it directly to other laboratory pods. Intended to support hospital operations, the landing bay has room to support multiple Cutlass Red ambulances and features complete decontamination facilities. Note that while the landing bay was designed to support ambulance operations, it also functions alongside standard science modules and can support the upkeep any sufficiently small spacecraft.

Another summary vid... 

++++ 

Here is a good post I found (to help clarify the sale + give new suggested module combo's )

Comprehensive Endeavor Pod and Pod Configuration reference self.starcitizen

by SC_TheBursar

The Pods

Slots - Since all items so far are symmetrically paired it really comes down to if they take 1 or 2 slots (currently no 3 slot items). An Endeavor has 3 slots to fill
Limit - if there is an artificial pod count limit even if more could fit

Pod Cost Slots Limit Function
Supercollider $125 2 - Item Enhancement
Telescope $125 1 1 POI discovery, Do Science
Biodome $100 1 2 Grow food & 'herbs'
Medical $75 2 - Heal, Respawn
Landing $75 1 1 Ship bay, taxi stand
General Research $45 1 - Do 'Science'
General Science $45 1 - Science -> UEC
Fuel $35 1 - Fuel++
SEAC $25 1 - Crew++

It is implied that the General Science Pod is only really useful, at the moment, if you have a General Research and/or Telescope Pod to provide input to monetize.

Prepackaged Configurations
The prepackaged configurations come with the hull itself and a set of pods. Each package also provides a monetary discount compared to ala carte pod purchases.

Name: Disovery
Discount: $40
Pods: SEAC, General Science, General Research
Purpose: Perform general science and sell the resulting information. Provide extra crew housing to help perform said research
Note: If you find yourself with an excess of berths, flip your SEAC for a Landing

Name: Hope
Discount: $50
Pods: Medical, Landing
Purpose: Home base to SAR Cutlass Reds, medical services, mobile respawn point, possible human experimentation, possible 'facelift' services

Name: Olympic
Discount: $50
Pods: Biodome x2
Purpose: Growing of crops, herbs, and 'herbs', experimentation on creating new versions of plants
Note: It is advisable to add a Landing pod to your Olympic to provide ability to move your goods and resupply without needing to bring the whole ship

Name: Master Set
Discount: $100
Pods: 1 of each
Purpose: The Master Set is not a valid Endeavor configuration. Instead it provides option to setup most any other configuration and leave the rest of the pods at home. Note: to turn a Master Set into an Olympic you'd need to buy an additional Biodome.

Other suggested ala carte configurations
The primary consideration for many/most configs will be whether to include the landing bay as it seems to be the most versatile and most beneficial add-on.

For configurations, assuming the current note that a GSP is only useful when teamed with a GRP or Telescope holds true for the moment.

Name: Deep Spotter
Pods: Telescope, GSP, Fuel
Purpose: The Deep Spotter uses a telescope to generate points of interest - derelicts, asteroids, maybe even jump points. You keep the best ones for yourself of course, the rest are fed into the GSP to provide some cash flow. A fuel pod lets you get way out into the big empty.

Name: Spotter Baseship
Pods: Telescope, GSP, Landing
Purpose: The Spotter Baseship functions like the Deep Spotter, but rather than focusing on being able to travel as far it acts as a central base to send out scout ships to inspect, or exploit, its finds.

Name: Payday
Pods: Telescope, GSP, GRP
Purpose: Packs as much opportunity as possible to turn science into data to sell, with a telescope and GRP feeding into a GSP.

Name: Smash'N'Go
Pods: Supercollider, Landing
Purpose: Provides access to its supercollider to upgrade items - either as a storefront or privately to associates.
Note: This probably should have been a prepackaged ship.

Thanks to the sizes and limits there are few other configurations that make sense.

• A Medical without a Landing loses a lot of its purpose - otherwise teaming it with Biodomes or a GRP would have been nice.

• Same with the other size 2, the supercollider.

• A landing, fuel, and SEAC config would mean a large crew could go out there and explore but leave no ability to do the functions only an Endeavor can do - you'd have an undergunned/underdefended Carrack that costs more.

Edited by VoA

Just stop now - it is not a mini-carrier. Do you classify a modern Naval destroyer that can carry and launch two helicopters a micro carrier?

No. It is a destroyer.

extFKCl.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3mttjk/endeavour_hype/cvi2d0u

I have no idea the story behind the whole pocket carrier thing, but this made me chuckle.

Edited by Grizz

Called it! Well, maybe not to the point of a micro-Bengal or anything but with the possibly upcoming defense module you could still have a mini-carrier that can protect itself a bit. :P

There's a line somewhere either in the dev posts or on the module itself that says there can only be one attached hangar. @danredda was reading it off yesterday if memory serves.

Yeah, it's also in the main post :)

Landing Bay (2×1)

Extra_large_launch_bay_w-Med-Pod01.jpg

The Landing Bay Pod slings a single, large hangar underneath the spacecraft and attaches it directly to other laboratory pods. Intended to support hospital operations, the landing bay has room to support multiple Cutlass Red ambulances and features complete decontamination facilities. Note that while the landing bay was designed to support ambulance operations, it also functions alongside standard science modules and can support the upkeep any sufficiently small spacecraft.

Size: 2×1
Limit: One set (one single bay) per ship.

10881659_790043527715602_691629473419491

We experimented with all sorts of uses for the Endeavor hydroponics domes! Here's the garden version.

12049183_925262410860379_688539184166799

+++++++++

Endeavor QA Thread is up to capture questions

See LINK <<<---

Q&A: MISC Endeavor

DiscoLando-CIG

Developer

Developer.png
icon-subscriber.png
WWSC-Thumbnail.png

Posted: September 30

Greetings Citizens!

Now that the MISC Endeavor is available to purchase, you'll undoubtedly have a variety of questions. This is a ship that will bring a lot of new gameplay to Star Citizen, so post your questions below, and we'll collect questions in THREE batches for Q&A posts between now and CitizenCon. The first of these Q&A posts will go live on Friday, October 2nd, 2015. Check the Comm-Link Schedule next week for the days of Parts 2 and 3.

Here we go!
Jared Huckaby
Community Manager, Cloud Imperium Games
Events and Video Production and Occasionally Funny
Once. I was funny this one time. My mom told me so.

•  

DiscoLando-CIG

Developer

Developer.png
icon-subscriber.png
WWSC-Thumbnail.png

Considering the size of the Endeavor how rare will this ship be in the verse? How long would it take to get a replacement? I picked up the HOPE-Class, why is the "package price" $50 cheaper than the individual "pods"? does that mean that I won't be able to swap out "pods".

Also what is the total capacity of the Landing Bay? in the image it kinda shows two smaller bays slightly above and to the sides of the one holding the Cutlass.

Ryan_Blueprints_Components_2.jpg

Are those two bays for smaller craft?

EDIT. after further looking at the pictures are drooling btw. I noticed a discrepancy. Where are the two side bay looking things in the fully rendered image? Which is the correct image?

Extra_large_launch_bay_w-Med-Pod01.jpg

@Nalfaine
I can go ahead and answer this one: The blueprints were done up for an older version of the landing bay that isn't being used. The one you see rendered out is the most recent concept that can launch and maintain two cutlasses.

So wait, on this topic of mini carrier, the 'Landing bay' can support two cutlass red's or two S.Hornets or (depending on height) two Redeemers or hell with some cleaver parking (and great piloting) 4 M50's I recon could fit quite snugly.

BUT don't forget those two landing pads on the Endeavor's detachable front ship, bringing the total to a possible of 4 (or 6) ships (that's right more then the Idris can carry).

So two Redeemers and two Hornets will be attached to my ship all the time, who needs the 'defense' module when you've got those onboard!

Using this Grey boxed image of each ship I don't see why it isn't possible.

2830437-4070604112-j3NlC.jpg

So wait, on this topic of mini carrier, the 'Landing bay' can support two cutlass red's or two S.Hornets or (depending on height) two Redeemers or hell with some cleaver parking (and great piloting) 4 M50's I recon could fit quite snugly.

BUT don't forget those two landing pads on the Endeavor's detachable front ship, bringing the total to a possible of 4 (or 6) ships (that's right more then the Idris can carry).

So two Redeemers and two Hornets will be attached to my ship all the time, who needs the 'defense' module when you've got those onboard!

Using this Grey boxed image of each ship I don't see why it isn't possible.

Hidden Content

I think a more profound concept is using the Hope Class as a small ship ship dealer for those that may need one to fly off in right away (so they don't have to pay and wait for one to be expressed courier - maybe if they only have large ships).

The Idris now that it has grown into a large Frigate holds more than 2 Hornets now ;)  See leaked stuff on the Idris - P thread.

---------

Here is another summary vid but with some decent Theory Crafting 

Interested in seeing if a landing bay pod will aid in loading and unloading cargo or if this could be done just as efficiently with the airlock docks. Considering if you were rolling a Olympic class and wanted to move in supplies and haul out produce.

^^^ You should add this to the RSI Q/A thread :)

DiscoLando-CIG

Developer

Developer.png
icon-subscriber.png
WWSC-Thumbnail.png

@Nalfaine
I can go ahead and answer this one: The blueprints were done up for an older version of the landing bay that isn't being used. The one you see rendered out is the most recent concept that can launch and maintain two cutlasses.

Sounds to me like Ben and Lando are acting as 'used car salesmen' again. And if not, they should show us how CIG plans to put in a hangar that has room for 2 Cutlas sized ships instead of making up fake stories about supposedly 'old blueprints'. That's just like making up fake stories about 'database schmeg'.

So I expect room for only 1 Cutlass at most once they 'community managed' your wallets and the sale is over. :P

See also this image by NAIIMA as it does not seem physically possible to have a hangar like that taking up 2x1 slots with room for 2 Cutlasses unless they make the Endeavour bigger.

r1enf76.jpg

Dana is right, there is no way to fit 2 cutlasses side by side in that hangar (given the current specs) cutlasses are 25m wide so you would need at least a hangar  that is 60m wide which is wider than the widest part of the endeavor (I assume the rear engines are the widest at 48m). It would be possible to fit them behind one another but that would be over 58m deep just for the ships which is over 1/4 of the ship's length (however the flightdeck of the current hangar looks a lot less deep to me). It looks like the concept will not reflect the ultimate ship, either that or the specs will be nerfed after the sale :P