MISC Endeavor

Flatfoot

In the Letter from the Chairman (Oct. 7th), CR says that the new wave 4 concept ship will be the MISC Endeavor class Research Platform!

• MISC Endeavor-class Research Platform: The MISC Endeavor is the company’s most prestigious ship: a dedicated research platform capable of carrying a dozen different space science packages, running the gamut from advanced long-range scanners for jump point identification to additional shielding for near-stellar corona research. Externally, the Endeavor is dotted with sensor hardpoints; internally, the main compartment is centered on a large research laboratory which can be configured for use by a wide range of scientific disciplines. The Endeavor’s main compartment is modular, allowing an alternate configuration as a Hope-class floating hospital. This variant is employed by the UEE and other organizations as battlefield support, capable of getting marines and pilots back to the battle as quickly as possible! When outfitted as a hospital, the Endeavor’s docking bay is capable of maintaining a single Cutlass Red ambulance. The Endeavor has also found its way into the service of less reputable organizations, where it can has been modified for everything from narcotics production to black market surgery.

The MISC Endeavor sounds like an interesting ship and I'm certain that a hospital ship would be useful for Imperium -- I just can't imagine buying one myself.

I feel like the fleet wouldn't need one on day 1, so we can just build up to one in the PU when we might require it more.

hahaha @xyphon that was my exact thought as well, we might go against the rules because you need to enslave/capture people in order to get their organs I guess :P

I will get two of those ships, one reserach/scientific ship and one for medical. This game gets better every day, it's unreal! 

@Xuu in the aftermath of any battle, there will be some fresh specimens available as long as their ship didnt get decompressed so it wont be illegal per se ;) Its just that the sales of those body parts will be to the highest bidder :) With the tech on this ship, I fear it wont be affordable to be bought in pairs! 

i dont think LTI would be useful on a ship that has little combat worthiness (since it does not face the prospect of being destroyed easily in the rear lines)

so I'll probably get it within the PU.

nevertheless, i feel that it may be important enough to be part of a fleet. 

This is one of the greatest news for ISAR. Dedicated hospital ship and ambulance. Those will be great assets during Imperium operations.

Hopefully with fleet Operations we will always have a couple of those ready to be dispatched at all times for larger Fleet ops.

@Flatfoot posted about the MISC Endeavor-class Research Platform. This ship can be retrofitted to turn the Research Ship into a Hope Class (whatever that is) floating hospital and possibly another if I'm reading this right mentioned at the end of my post.

Until we see the ship stats this is only my observation and evaluation of this ship from what Chris said. These are some of the items I see that will be above and beyond the cost of this ship.

• capable of carrying a dozen (12) different space science packages, (running the gamut from advanced long-range scanners for jump point identification to additional shielding for near-stellar corona research ((these are 3 of 12)).

The word that's confusing is "capable of carrying" to me means it could carry but these package are not included. Are they going to be individual upgrades or add-on as a variant.

• The Endeavor is dotted with sensor hardpoints.

We don't know what's attached yet or what upgrades are for it

• The main compartment is centered on a large research laboratory which can be configured for use by a wide range of scientific disciplines.

The two words "can be" means they are not there yet so are these upgrades or variants. So I take it we need to buy them. The term scientific disciplines means a branch of scientific knowledge. This could be the study of plants or animals, genetics, scientific experiments and many many more. I'm curious why Chris used that statement.

•  The Endeavor’s main compartment is modular, allowing an alternate configuration as a Hope-class floating hospital. This variant is employed by the UEE and other organizations as battlefield support, capable of getting marines and pilots back to the battle as quickly as possible! 

So this is a variant for a floating hospital and will cost $$$, I'm not saying that's bad because it will be valuable for Divisional or Squadron Convoy Support and those interested in medical.

• The Endeavor’s docking bay is capable of maintaining a single Cutlass Red ambulance.

Again the word "capable" means it's not there so more $$$. but pointing out you will need the hospital module and the ambulance.

• The Endeavor has also found its way into the service of less reputable organizations, where it can has been modified for everything from narcotics production to black market surgery.

What did Chris mean by producing narcotics on-board or a special type of surgical set up. This is interesting because again they're only giving two modification when they write "from and to", so is there more in between?

This ship is going to be interesting nevertheless.

• The Endeavor has also found its way into the service of less reputable organizations, where it can has been modified for everything from narcotics production.

What did Chris mean by producing narcotics on-board?

This ship is going to be interesting nevertheless.

Shhh.....I found early concept art for this variant.

RLqpKRo.jpg

The MISC Endeavor is the company’s most prestigious ship.....yet they use a Drake Cutlass as their ambulance?  That is just wrong.  Cant MISC make their own ambulance ship?

There's no reason why a ship has to be from the same manufacturer as the mothership. After all, the Constellation's P-52 Merlin is made by Kruger Intergalactic, not RSI.

Same with real life vehicles, ships, and aircraft. The US Navy's super carriers are built by major shipyards, but the aircraft that operate on them are made by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrup Gruman, etc.

We know that MISC specializes in commercial transport ships of varying sizes, all of which are intended for hauling cargo, not passengers. Presumably it's not worthwhile for MISC to design a light transport to serve as a space ambulance.

Regardless, the practical reason why the Endeavor hospital ship uses the Cutlass Red is because CIG has already designed the Cutlass ambulance ship variant. Remember, the Endeavor was only recently chosen by backers as the next 4th Wave Ship, so when CIG wrote the description for the Hospital Ship they included the reference to the Cutlass Red ambulance ship.

It would make sense that there's more than one type of ambulance ship in the UEE, but for obvious reasons, CIG can't make a half dozen different ambulance ships for the sake of in-universe variety. ;)