F7C-S Hornet Ghost changed skin

Bright Spark

Heya guys,

Just want to ask all the other Hornet Ghost owners out there if they have noticed a change in colour with their ship. Mine has gone from an awesome almost invisible dark black/purple sheen to a darker grey version of the Super Hornet. I have tried searching these forums as well as RSi and cnat find any info on them.

Cheers

Brett

• 3 months later...

I've actually taken a closer look at the Hornet-Ghost in action and in hangar mode and in my Hangar the Hornet-Ghost appears to be nearly pitch black (looked at it in the Revel&York hanger for optimal lighting conditions) and when I fly the thing in free flight, it's dark grey.

Another thing I've noticed is that the model designation on the left tail-wing says: F7C,  Anyone else agree that the model designation of a 'factory' F7C-S Ghost, should say: F7C-S ?

(unfortunately I can't screenshot the game, cause it gives me an all-black results, but if you'd like to see pictures of this please send me a PM).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Maybe you paint faded with time! lol all I know is I used to be able to kick alot more but with my Ghost then now! Its like one colision and you lose most of your weapons! I love the ship but I am really thinking of getting rid of it! Considering I spent almost $40 dollars on a mount and gun that wont work on it! The Flashfire mount! and the C-788 Combine Ballistic cannon! and it said it would work!

• 5 years later...

I never noticed it much myself, but I haven't playing the game as much as I would like to. That is, I have only just started playing last month, since the end of last year because, my external hard rive containing the game died and couldn't otherwise fit the game on any of my other hard drives until now. Anyway, in the past, I have always noticed the Anvil insignia on the boarding side of the craft was just black smudge, on what must have been not quite so black background and now the insignia shows in it's glory. Although, there is a horrible glitch where the view screens from the cockpit appear in mid air before the appear where they should be  after climbing into the pilots chair. Waiting for fix on that, in the mean time, I currently raising enough aUEC to fully upgrade my ship without compromising it's stealth function.

[img]https://ibb.co/WPCYrtc[/img]

[img]https://ibb.co/T89fg0X[/img]

[img]https://ibb.co/g7QWdY4[/img]

On 8/14/2021 at 12:57 PM, Space Marshall Mick said:

I never noticed it much myself, but I haven't playing the game as much as I would like to. That is, I have only just started playing last month, since the end of last year because, my external hard rive containing the game died and couldn't otherwise fit the game on any of my other hard drives until now. Anyway, in the past, I have always noticed the Anvil insignia on the boarding side of the craft was just black smudge, on what must have been not quite so black background and now the insignia shows in it's glory. Although, there is a horrible glitch where the view screens from the cockpit appear in mid air before the appear where they should be  after climbing into the pilots chair. Waiting for fix on that, in the mean time, I currently raising enough aUEC to fully upgrade my ship without compromising it's stealth function.

[img]https://ibb.co/WPCYrtc[/img]

[img]https://ibb.co/T89fg0X[/img]

[img]https://ibb.co/g7QWdY4[/img]

Yeah, CIG likely changed quite a few ships when they changed them from skins to paint. Then there was also some new shader system or somesuch I believe. As a result a number of ships might look somewhat different than they used to; sometimes better, sometimes worse (like the Carrack Expedition). :( 

I also noticed the issue with the screens showing before the cockpit closes on the other Hornet model so whatever is causing it; it's across all models. Here's hoping that it's easy to fix. Maybe CIG can just delay the screens by a few seconds so that the canopy can close properly first before the screens turn on. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By mobi232
      Hi
      Due to a change in circumstances [and habits], I'm looking to sell my account. I've had it since 2013 but have hardly used it. I just don't have the time to game anymore and when I do, I stick to singleplayer games. Hence I thought it was about time I try to see if I can get something back as I know when it finally is released, I just won't have the necessary time to commit. All the ships are tied to the account and can not be gifted. Some were purchased on a Ad Hoc basis from grey market as I tended to miss the concept sales. All upgrades mentioned have NOT been applied. There is a handle change too. Obviously also has a load of the milestone rewards, some $0 CCUs, UEC28,500 and REC5,000. Trade In Value is $935.
      I'm based in the UK so not sure if that makes a difference but thought I'd mention it. I'm not sure whats fair [If anyone has feedback then please mention it] but I was looking at getting $800 including Fees but am willing to accept offers.  I accept payment by paypal [I'm verified] and also have an Ebay account with '261' 100% feedback, if anyone feels safer going through that.
      Thanks

*Digital Mercenary Package [Aurora MR, 1000 UEC, Legacy Alpha, 3 Month Insurance, Squadron 42, Star Citizen, Manual]
      UPGRADE [NOT APPLIED]: Aurora MR > Aurora LX

*Drake Dragonfly Yellowjacket LTI [Concept Sale]

*F7C-S Hornet Ghost LTI [Upgraded Origin 85X]
      UPGRADE [NOT APPLIED]: Ghost > Constellation Aquila

*F7C-M Super Hornet LTI [Upgraded Origin 85X]
      UPGRADE [NOT APPLIED]: F7C-M Super Hornet > Merchantman

*Reclaimer LTI [Upgraded Kruger P-72]

• By Ungwe_Lianti
      Interested in any of them, I'm one of those that came in late to the game so have to go through the market. Please help me out
      pm me with offers
    • By JudasM
      Hi folks. 
      My eBay store and trade history : https://www.ebay.com/usr/zorik79
      ----------Original Concept STANDALONE SHIPS----------
      Anvil Hurricane - LTI - 220 USD Anvil Arrow LTI - 85 USD Avenger Titan Renegade - LTI -95USD AEGIS Gladius Valiant - LTI - 140USD ORIGIN 85X - LTI - 68 USD ARGO COMBO PACK  (MPUV CARGO and MPUV PERSONNEL)- LTI - 86USD MPUV Personnel - LTI - 55 USD ANVIL Terrapin - LTI - 230 USD ADD-ONS - URSA Rover- LTI - 60USD DRAKE Buccaneer - LTI - 135USD MISC Prospector - LTI - 170USD Aopoa San'tok.yāi Anniversary 2018 Warbond - 220USD --------------CCU'd Ships------------
      Gladius Valiant 120USD F7C-M Super Hornet 180USD F7C Hornet Wildfire 175USD Sabre 175USD Hull C - 250 USD Sabre Comet 190USD Freelancer MIS 175USD Gladiator 170USD Khartu-Al 175USD Hurricane 205USD AEGIS Vulcan 210USD Caterpillar 310USD Apollo Triage 250USD Hull B -95USD Herald 85USD Retaliator Bomber 275USD Vanguard Harbinger 285USD Starfarer Gemini 350USD RSI Polaris Ask Vanguard Sentinel 270USD Starfarer 300USD
        If You want to buy CCU ship with VFG Hangar add 15 USD (ship cost above 110USD) If You want to get "Digital Download"  add 15 USD (Ship cost above 65USD) All prices include PayPal fee
      Verified PayPal only

• By Delenin
      I've just gotta know if this is a common "issue."
      I saw that exchanging my F7C-S Hornet GHOST for a Freelance DUR was $0 because they cost the same base price (I didn't know you could even exchange ships of equal value.) I went ahead with it knowing I could just switch it back if I didn't like it. Instead of giving me a Freelancer DUR, what the upgrade did instead was not only keep the GHOST, but also threw in an extra Hornet and a standard-class Freelancer.

I mean I'm not upset- At the end of the day I've got three ships now, but none of them are actually what I meant to get. They all show up in my hanger, each can be summoned and customized in the universe, and I can even request insurance for them.
      I could always try to upgrade my ship to the GHOST then back again but I'm a bit worried about that, I don't want to break it anymore than it already is. Might as well let sleeping dogs lie, I know that after awhile everything will probably be back to normal.
      Has this happened to anyone else? Maybe not exactly the same, but something along these lines?