Will you buy a 890 jump?

Xethos

97 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy the 890 Jump?

• yes
    • no

Well its coming up for sale Friday, this ship is basically the replacement meant for the original intention of the Idris. However that being said, CIG is also working on another unclassified Corvette, but still the 890 will be a capable versatile ship like all others, remember even hull specific ships can be upgraded and specialized. This will be a great ship!

I love the ship concept  - but unless it does more than run VIP missions and Cargo and Command and Control / Meetings ----- I rather sacrifice the cargo... for the best 1v1 ship in the game (other than the Idris) ........  and that's the Phoenix  that will "likely" do everything an 890 Jump can do with less expense and lower operating costs.

The 890 Jump is almost twice the cost of the Phoenix and for what - a bigger ship?   With that being said.... I have succumbed to CIG's marking campaign before..... and if they throw in more goodies or impressive specs then I might get it....

I love the ship concept  - but unless it does more than run VIP missions and Cargo and Command and Control / Meetings ----- I rather sacrifice the cargo... for the best 1v1 ship in the game (other than the Idris) ........  and that's the Phoenix  that will "likely" do everything an 890 Jump can do with less expense and lower operating costs.

The 890 Jump is almost twice the cost of the Phoenix and for what - a bigger ship?   With that being said.... I have succumbed to CIG's marking campaign before..... and if they throw in more goodies or impressive specs then I might get it....

I always say nope, nope, nope up until the day they put it on sale. Then they throw in all sorts of cool information and goodies and my wallet opens. My wife has not found out yet.

Not going to buy one for three reasons:

1. $600 is a little too rich for my blood

2. I already bought a Reclaimer last week

3. It's not an Aegis Dynamics ship

So yeah, I guess I can let my wallet recover a little until I see a Redeemer LTI sale or something. :P

Pricey, indeed.  For me it will depend on the specs -- will the ship truly be compelling for something other than a luxury yacht use?   For the Pheonix that was the case due to a few inclusions that make it a good platform to build from.  But what can the 890 do other than look good? We will see :-)

Pricey, indeed.  For me it will depend on the specs -- will the ship truly be compelling for something other than a luxury yacht use?   For the Pheonix that was the case due to a few inclusions that make it a good platform to build from.  But what can the 890 do other than look good? We will see :-)

its supposed to do everything the original idris was supposed to do

In order for me to buy one I would have to melt my Rear Admiral package + Phoenix upgrade and my Reclaimer and even if I would do that, because it's a 'flash' sale, there would be no guarantee that I would actually get one, so that's a no for me. Besides I'd rather invest in a ship that can help me get credits early in the game, like the Orion or the Hull C. 

if they sell their target of 3.500 ships then out of total SC users only 0.006% will own one... interesting numbers i dont know how many idris's their are though

i hate to be a wiseass but its ~0.6% if you change from 3500/600k to percentage you have to add factor 100 :)

does not change what you wanted to say though and I agree

after all this should not become Capship Citizen

honestly though they really have to have limitations in crewing and maintaining else nobody will fly a single seater any more a few months into the game

so hopefully ship size has a real impact and is not just "higher tier"

i hate to be a wiseass but its ~0.6% if you change from 3500/600k to percentage you have to add factor 100 :)does not change what you wanted to say though

Lol... well I guess that's what I get for not doing my own math... but still I think it's cool that it'll be a 1%ers. Thing though however I'm sure it'll grow to 10% after a month of PU gameplay lol

So will this "limited sale" impact the ability to get one once the PU launches? Otherwise I suppose we could pool in-game money once PU launches if we want a bigger HQ ship, or just use the Idris. I don't really see the point of getting one for 600 USD... The LTI is nice and all but I don't think the cost will matter much for a bigger organization. Do we have a treasury department?

So will this "limited sale" impact the ability to get one once the PU launches? Otherwise I suppose we could pool in-game money once PU launches if we want a bigger HQ ship, or just use the Idris. I don't really see the point of getting one for 600 USD... The LTI is nice and all but I don't think the cost will matter much for a bigger organization. Do we have a treasury department?

I'm not sure what command is up to at all actually... but I imagine they will get some no doubt, and plenty of imperium members will have them for example I plan on getting one, and from the poll results 5 others will also get one and who knows out of our 8,000+ members that might get one also so don't worry about imperium. We are a well supplied organization, we are akin to the space mafia except we have more hot tubs.