You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Nord
      I'm curious, what is the average salary for a developer at CIG?
      Doing a quick google search the lowest is around $44k a year to $120k a year for a game developer. This is in the US. CIG has multiple studios around the world which also differentiate the average income. Let's say the average across all studios is $60k a year (a "wild" guess) and they now have around 500 employees. That's $30 million each year.
      Do we know how much CIG has used on salaries since 2012? I don't know the math here since I don't know all the numbers, but my wild guess would be around $80-90 million since 2012. If you add properties and other costs I'm thinking we are around $130 million in total. Giving them a $70 million + buffer, which is a 2 year salary guarantee for those 500 employees.  

If this is even close, I feel comfort in knowing the funding is still going strong and they have at least 2 years to finish it up if money stops flowing. 

• By VoA
      Reduced price for five game packages (free fly event) = Time to get your friends into SC for cheap 😃
        See https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/game-packages
      GAME PACKAGES
          All Sort by: PriceName   AURORA MR STARTER PACK 3.2 FREEFLY- Package $35.00 USD$45.00 USDSAVE$10.00 USD IN STOCKMORE INFOADD TO CART MUSTANG ALPHA STAR CITIZEN + SQUADRON 42 COMBO - 3.2 FREEFLY- Package $55.00 USD$65.00 USDSAVE$10.00 USD IN STOCKMORE INFOADD TO CART AURORA MR STAR CITIZEN + SQUADRON 42 COMBO 3.2 FREEFLY- Package $55.00 USD$65.00 USDSAVE$10.00 USD IN STOCKMORE INFOADD TO CART

MUSTANG ALPHA STARTER PACK 3.2 FREEFLY- Package $35.00 USD$45.00 USDSAVE$10.00 USD IN STOCKMORE INFOADD TO CART

RELIANT KORE SC STARTER 3.2 FREEFLY- Package $75.00 USD$85.00 USDSAVE$10.00 USD IN STOCKMORE INFO

• By VoA
      Star Citizen Development Process Interview Summary
      Inside the Star Citizen Development Process Full Article | https://wccftech.com/inside-the-star-citizen-development-process-exclusive-interview/

• By Gremlich
      and some highlights:
      Refutation of CryTek's Claims

Claim: CIG was only given permission to make "the game" with CryEngine, selling SQ42 standalone is in violation of this.
      Defense: The GLA defines "the game" as both "'Space Citizen' and its related space fighter game 'Squadron 42'", with a passage allowing for name changes (Space Citizen > Star Citizen).
      Additionally, this term does not apply to any games made without CryEngine, and CryEngine is no longer used.

Claim: CIG violated the GLA by switching from CryEngine to Lumberyard, they are only allowed to "exclusively" use CryEngine.
      Defense: The GLA says they are given "exclusive rights to use CryEngine" and the right "to exclusively embed CryEngine in the game". The well-established meaning of this wording is that the right is given only to them (and those subcontracted within the terms), not that they are only allowed to use CryEngine.

Claim: CIG is no longer displaying CryTek copyright notices in game, in violation of the GLA.
      Defense: This obligation only applies if CIG is using CryEngine, which they are not.

Claim: Ortwin was employed by CryTek prior to becoming CIG's attorney and co-founder so he had a conflict of interest when negotiating the contract.
      Defense: Ortwin received a signed waiver from CryTek dismissing any conflict of interest.

Claim: Confidential source code was shown on Bugsmashers and disclosed to FaceWare in violation of the GLA.
      Defense: No defense provided, though FaceWare was after the switch to Lumberyard.

Claim: CIG was required to provide any bugfixes they developed for CryEngine up until launch.
      Defense: No defense provided.

Additional Statements
      The GLA prohibits either party from seeking any damages from one another "except for intentional acts or omissions or gross negligent acts".
      CIG, not RSI, is the signatory of the GLA, so CryTek committed a legal blunder by pursuing RSI rather than CIG in a number of claims.
      CIG seeks to have the entire complaint dismissed with prejudice (barring any further related action) on the grounds that none of the complaints are sufficient.
    • By Gremlich
      CIG cancelled due to technical difficulties. will show tomorrow, 22 Dec.
      I cannot defend them in public over this after they've had a literal freaking year to get their shit together.