• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/4eRl4

Environment Artist

Star Citizen

I worked on Star Citizen with the Behaviour Montréal team. My tasks were : 
-ArcCorp Bar Level Art 
-Medical Unit Level Art 
-I've made all the Nyx exterior landing area (modelling, textures, layout, terrain) 
-Level art of some Nyx interiors (hangar, west tunnels area and Grand Barter) 
-Textures and modelling pipeline for ArcCorp backdrop buildings and Nyx assets

See Hidden or link

Spoiler

nicolas-novali-vt01.jpg?1491426078

nicolas-novali-nyx12.jpg?1491424492

nicolas-novali-nyx11.jpg?1491424489

nicolas-novali-org02.jpg?1491425257

nicolas-novali-org01.jpg?1491425253

Nyx Exterior

nicolas-novali-nyx02.jpg?1491424460

nicolas-novali-nyx03.jpg?1491424463

nicolas-novali-nyx04.jpg?1491424466

nicolas-novali-nyx01.jpg?1491424457

nicolas-novali-nyx05.jpg?1491424471

nicolas-novali-nyx09.jpg?1491424499

nicolas-novali-nyx07.jpg?1491424493

nicolas-novali-nyx06.jpg?1491424490

nicolas-novali-nyx08.jpg?1491424495

nicolas-novali-nyx10.jpg?1491424503

nicolas-novali-grandbarter01.jpg?1491424700

nicolas-novali-grandbarter02.jpg?1491424702

nicolas-novali-grandbarter03.jpg?1491424705

nicolas-novali-grandbarter04.jpg?1491424708

nicolas-novali-mu03.jpg?1491425334

nicolas-novali-mu01.jpg?1491425336

nicolas-novali-mu02.jpg?1491425339

nicolas-novali-bar.jpg?1491425361

Me? Filled with Great New Hope. "Finally, after all that waiting at Olisar! A working toilet! They do have a toilet, right?!?" #pleasetellmetheyhaveatoilet #ohgodicanttakeitanymore :P Seriously though, watching that moon canyon demo flight, this is the only thing I could think of (1988 FFS!):

interresting!

8 SCU for 2576 credits... knowing that the biggest ship packages are "offering" 20k credits, it strengthens the assumption that at the beginning we won't be able to haul thousands of SCUs, but more likely 60 if we invest all of our initial money.

Merchantman or big HULL owners will have a hard time filling their ships!

I should myself think about owning a "small" hauler or starting in the PU will be REALLY hard!

You want to play big?

you'll have to start small, 'cause you won't play big soon :)

Yeah, they've said from the get go that no one starting would be able to fill a Hull E or even get a job hauling a full load with one. The probmle with the first proposition is that it will take millions of credits to fill the cargo hold, and the problem with the second is the lack of reputation.

Want to haul cargo?  Best have a Cutlass / Freelancer / Connie or smaller Hull to start with.  And even so, filling it with your own money is a big ask on Day 1.

This gives a lot more sense to the little ships such as the reliant, avenger, auroras , the so called "starter ships".

Everybody, even the big backers such as many of us, will start with the same constraints and issues. sounds fair and balanced :)

(this will change in the long run though)

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to see actual advertisers such as Amazon, Coca Cola, Redbull, and clothing companies. It would definitely make the game feel more alive, even if we personally don't like ads. And it would also be a constant stream of revenue for CIG and there wouldn't have to be subscribers for those who don't want to pay monthly.

4 hours ago, Donut said:

I'd love to see actual advertisers such as Amazon, Coca Cola, Redbull, and clothing companies. It would definitely make the game feel more alive, even if we personally don't like ads. And it would also be a constant stream of revenue for CIG and there wouldn't have to be subscribers for those who don't want to pay monthly.

I'd rather see ads from ingame companies and corporations, ingame TV shows and news bulletins and that sort of thing. Seeing real life companies advertise in SC would break my immersion:(

I agree it would generate revenue but CIG has already stated that you don't need a subscription for Star Citizen and subscribers are just there to be able to do the extra community shows, things like AtV, Bugsmashers, etc. If they'd suddenly go with a model where, if you're not a subscriber, you get pelted with ads by CocaCola and Subway or whatnot I think that would piss off a LOT of people.