Caustic Controls - The Ultimate Keyboard+Mouse Layout

IceShades

• 1 month later...

Received my Tyon yesterday and got to work with your controls last night. Big improvement for myself over a joystick, mostly related to aiming of course. Can't wait to see its full potential once I explore and remember the other controls during combat. Didn't play with M+KB before but the Xcelerator paddle lends itself well to your scheme and you feel in control of your maneuvering.

Thanks for the effort in setting this up and keeping it up to date!

Dunkelschatten=VX9=, on 07 Feb 2015 - 02:52 AM, said:

Received my Tyon yesterday and got to work with your controls last night. Big improvement for myself over a joystick, mostly related to aiming of course. Can't wait to see its full potential once I explore and remember the other controls during combat. Didn't play with M+KB before but the Xcelerator paddle lends itself well to your scheme and you feel in control of your maneuvering.

Thanks for the effort in setting this up and keeping it up to date!

Thanks for your feedback! If you have any suggestions please let me know :)

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone produced a Voice Attack profile for this mod?  I just bought VA and would like to use it (at least in single player) while I am learning the various keys.   If no one has, I may try my hand at it and post my results, but it will be awhile.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hiya,

First, thank you! I'm using your custom controls for the Roccat.

Some minor feedback for you though. I basically have no idea what any of the controls are so I have to keep opening up the control window. I'm not sure if the controls you listed for the v6 are the same as the roccat controls.  Also, there is no instructions for controls -> roccat binding.

So I'm going to try and parse the XML into a readable format and also include which mouse buttons do what.  I'll post what I have when I'm finished!

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

OP Updated:

-CCv9 released!

-Dead links are fixed

Hiya,

Some minor feedback for you though. I basically have no idea what any of the controls are so I have to keep opening up the control window. I'm not sure if the controls you listed for the v6 are the same as the roccat controls.  Also, there is no instructions for controls -> roccat binding.

So I'm going to try and parse the XML into a readable format and also include which mouse buttons do what.  I'll post what I have when I'm finished!

Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback! 

After a break from SC for about a month I forgot some of the controls, so I had to open the controls menu to memorize them again :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 4/28/2015, 9:43:01, intangible said:

Hiya,

Thanks!

I came across this control scheme just yesterday, and wanted a simple way to have reference material while learning it. I've attached an image I created, that I can leave open on one monitor while playing on the other.

CausticControls-keyboard-layout.png

Basically, black is normal mode - green is decoupled - red is using the CTRL modifier, orange is using SHIFT+CTRL modifier ... and brown is double click of the appropriate key(s). The position of the label also reflects the mod state (so brown eject down next to the orange label means a double click of that option).

HTH

2 hours ago, shamarama said:

I came across this control scheme just yesterday, and wanted a simple way to have reference material while learning it. I've attached an image I created, that I can leave open on one monitor while playing on the other.

CausticControls-keyboard-layout.png

Basically, black is normal mode - green is decoupled - red is using the CTRL modifier, orange is using SHIFT+CTRL modifier ... and brown is double click of the appropriate key(s). The position of the label also reflects the mod state (so brown eject down next to the orange label means a double click of that option).

HTH

Ohh very nice work! :) 

I guess there will be a few changes coming with 2.0 but we'll see.. ;) 

Thanks a lot :wub:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So i've tried out the Caustic Controls setup for the past two days. I have to say that it is the best thing to come along for mouse/keyboard flyers. Absolutely love it. To that extent, I went ahead and ordered the Roccat Tyon mouse to go with the Tyon specific control layout. Thanks Ice Shades!!!

OP updated!  CC:RTE v8 released!

Notice that there is a bug with the keymap system, it does not automatically apply settings to the following commands so you have to edit those settings every time you launch the game...:

Freelook: middle mouse

Landing target lock on: down arrow

Lock missile: down arrow

Weapon group 3: up arrow

Launch missile: down arrow