Swat Raid During Live Stream

Genesis

There is also another aspect from when things go wrong. The SWAT force is not responsible for damages, even when they screw up.

Just a little north of me a team entered a house with the entire package. The flash bang tossed thru a window landed on a baby in the room and burned its face. Turns out there were no drugs or weapons in the house, so it was okie dokie sorry about the fuss.

The parents can not get any monetary damages from them burning their child. Pretty sucky overall, and they are stuck with the medical bills.

A terrible system had evolved. There are efforts under way locally to stop the madness, especially so when there is nothing found or they swarm into the wrong address. This is a door they do not want opened, because apparently a LOT of swat missions turn up empty handed.

I see it as a good thing, in that they tend to send in the Swat's for arrests that do not really require it. Hey, you got a lot of high paid dudes standing around, got to use them, right?

Someone should always be accountable for their mistakes, even if they are a Swat Team. - DRUM out

There is also another aspect from when things go wrong. The SWAT force is not responsible for damages, even when they screw up.

Just a little north of me a team entered a house with the entire package. The flash bang tossed thru a window landed on a baby in the room and burned its face. Turns out there were no drugs or weapons in the house, so it was okie dokie sorry about the fuss.

The parents can not get any monetary damages from them burning their child. Pretty sucky overall, and they are stuck with the medical bills.

A terrible system had evolved. There are efforts under way locally to stop the madness, especially so when there is nothing found or they swarm into the wrong address. This is a door they do not want opened, because apparently a LOT of swat missions turn up empty handed.

I see it as a good thing, in that they tend to send in the Swat's for arrests that do not really require it. Hey, you got a lot of high paid dudes standing around, got to use them, right?

Someone should always be accountable for their mistakes, even if they are a Swat Team. - DRUM out

Jesus.

@Genesis, thanks for posting I never heard of these things. I guess I'm not one for seeing much around me. @Alex Yeh! probably someone like me who's a veteran, life member of the NRA, solid 2nd Ammendment Right person, have a permit to carry a concealed weapon, proficient with arms and a always lock-em up when family comes over in a 1500 pound safe. 

This kind of crap is way out there and yes someone is going to get killed from this. I lost a dear friend from a home invasion robbery They were dressed in military gear, and was shot and killed in front of his wife and son. I know it's freaky but smeone comes flying into my house will meet my friends.  The problem with this swatting I would be more likely getting myself killed which is totally scary because I would assume they are robbers. Who will hear whatever warning the swat team shouts out when they bust in? I would be focused and locked into a shooters position. I guess I could say then "Well! I'm really in the verse now". Not funny but could become reality to someone out there.

Shouldn't it be checked by the police on the street first before they send in a Swat-team? That's at least what they would do here in the Netherlands. Swat-teams are rarely used here. And that is how it should be in my opinion. They should only be used in special circumstances.

@Genesis, thanks for posting I never heard of these things. I guess I'm not one for seeing much around me. @Alex Yeh! probably someone like me who's a veteran, life member of the NRA, solid 2nd Ammendment Right person, have a permit to carry a concealed weapon, proficient with arms and a always lock-em up when family comes over in a 1500 pound safe. 

This kind of crap is way out there and yes someone is going to get killed from this. I lost a dear friend from a home invasion robbery They were dressed in military gear, and was shot and killed in front of his wife and son. I know it's freaky but smeone comes flying into my house will meet my friends.  The problem with this swatting I would be more likely getting myself killed which is totally scary because I would assume they are robbers. Who will hear whatever warning the swat team shouts out when they bust in? I would be focused and locked into a shooters position. I guess I could say then "Well! I'm really in the verse now". Not funny but could become reality to someone out there.

That definitely puts you higher on the "most likely to die during a SWAT raid" list. Though I think they would only shoot you if you had a gun in hand...can't be sure though, because there seems to be a lot of things, and this is no exaggeration, that goes wrong by the hands of the American policeforce.

Just don't stream on Twitch and you should be safe, I guess.

Well in my city, about 40-50+ cops have been laid off since the recession started way back when (2008?) and the city is bankrupt. So i guess people around here don't have to worry about that kind of thing because the Cops (whats left of them) don't bother coming out on 911 calls.   

That's just sad. Is crime rampant?