Broadside Cannons

Flatfoot

Do we know if the larger ships will ever have cannons on the side like old naval galleons to have epic broadside battles? The direction all the ships are taking would lead me to say no, but I'm curious if there's any info out there that either says maybe it's possible, or a flat out no.

Also, how many of you would like to see something like that? Sure, it might not be the most tactical option in space...but it's pretty badass.

The Javelin could be the ship you're looking for: http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Javelin_Class_Destroyer

That'd be close, but not quite what I'm looking for.  In fact that ship design pretty much cements the idea that they probably won't exist as massive, static, side cannons.  It makes sense though, as generally if you're going up against a ship worthy of using them, they would have them too, and at that point it's just a matter of who can resist the most back-to-back punches to the face.  Forward facing static cannons at least require more agility and tactics to acquire a devastating hit.

Like... I would love to see it, just like a naval battle. But the more i think of it, the less likely i think it will happen. Going broadside = Making yourself a bigger target, hence the idris shoots straight ahead with its railgun.

Like... I would love to see it, just like a naval battle. But the more i think of it, the less likely i think it will happen. Going broadside = Making yourself a bigger target, hence the idris shoots straight ahead with its railgun.

Same thoughts here. It'd be wicked fun to see, but probably quite impractical.