RSI - Andromeda (Constellation)

VoA

So I picked up the Taurus but have been really eyeing the Andromeda. Obviously the Andromeda is a better ship in a fight, but is there any other big reason to upgrade right now? It seems like i should be able to purchase upgrades for the Taurus to convert it into an Andromeda once the game launches. Is that accurate?

8 hours ago, Taggerun said:

So I picked up the Taurus but have been really eyeing the Andromeda. Obviously the Andromeda is a better ship in a fight, but is there any other big reason to upgrade right now? It seems like i should be able to purchase upgrades for the Taurus to convert it into an Andromeda once the game launches. Is that accurate?

Unfortunately you can not upgrade a Taurus into an Andromeda in the PU.  They have different hulls.  You will have to sell it then buy a new Andromeda.  You can still upgrade the Hardpoints available on the Taurus including swapping out the cockpit glass (like the Aquila )

• 1 month later...

While Voa is correct regarding the PU you can ccu that Taurus any time before the launch of the PU.

AJ

AstroJak

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

With the help of AstroJak to complete my LTI purchase of a Super Hornet and Freelancer DUR....I have also upgraded my previous Freelancer DUR with 6 Mos insurance to a Constellation Andromeda.....fuggin' awesome relatively cheap upgrade...super stoked

CC

sent from knee deep in snow

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On ‎9‎-‎6‎-‎2017 at 3:00 PM, VoA said:

Looking cool as a derelict ship :)

So ....... aren't those cockpit windows supposed to be just as though as the rest of the hull? How come they are the only structural thing that is destroyed in that Connie :lol:

On ‎10‎-‎6‎-‎2017 at 9:37 PM, Devil Khan said:

If the glass = the rest of the ship, then why isn't it all made of glass? anyway, I'd doubt it from several things  such as both terrapin and carrack use a shutter when under attack.

toilets and glass walls, ceilings and floors generally make for a weird view ;) I know what you mean but I seem to recall CIG stating that we should not worry about the glass ceiling in the phoenix or the huge glass cockpit in the Connie because that glass was just as strong as the rest of the hull ..... Otherwise what moron would put an enormous glass bridge on the capships since any attack would depressurise the bridge part 1st if the glass was as weak as the Connie picture implies :lol:

quote from one of the devs : "In lore, cockpits are not made out of glass, they are made out of an incredibly strong diamond laminate that can hold up to space debris as well as, if not better than, the hull. The other nice thing about having a window to see out of is that if there is a system failure you can still use it."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok... Confession: I friggen love the Constellation. I've loved it literally since the moment I first found out about star citizen and started looking at the ships. I love the size, the crew complement, the looks, concept, versatility and it's stats on paper.

From day one, my friends and I thought that it would be such a cool experience to crew up and go explore the verse in one. I really want one, But a while ago I heard a bunch of chatter about how it's not worth actually owning, right now because turrets kinda suck, it's a bit too fragile, etc. Has that opinion evolved at all, or is it still viewed as an underwhelming ship, combat wise? Would be cool to get a rundown of the pros and cons from some owners who have flown one recently.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, Masokas said:

Ok... Confession: I friggen love the Constellation. I've loved it literally since the moment I first found out about star citizen and started looking at the ships. I love the size, the crew complement, the looks, concept, versatility and it's stats on paper.

From day one, my friends and I thought that it would be such a cool experience to crew up and go explore the verse in one. I really want one, But a while ago I heard a bunch of chatter about how it's not worth actually owning, right now because turrets kinda suck, it's a bit too fragile, etc. Has that opinion evolved at all, or is it still viewed as an underwhelming ship, combat wise? Would be cool to get a rundown of the pros and cons from some owners who have flown one recently.

I'm going to state the obvious that this is a game still in its alpha stages and several changes are yet to be implemented. 

With that bullsh!t answer out of the way and as an owner of the Aquila I think the Constellation ships are still great ships!  They're very a jack of all trades, if equipped and manned correctly.  There's a lot of negativity on turrets on most ships these days, and to some extent they are right, but I think turrets are going to be a great addition on any ship that's roughly the size of the Constellation and bigger.  Here are some Pros to the Connie:

• It's a great starter freighter ship
  • It can carry an Usra Rover or other smaller vehicles
  • It may not be able to outrun a fighter, but it's not slow either
  • With both turrets manned and a decent pilot it can easily defend itself or go on the offensive

Hard to list a ton of cons with the game in such flux right now.  You should see some of the negativity about the current state of the Super Hornet and its inability to constantly fire the default loadout it comes with, much less survive sometimes in a dogfight.  All these things are bound to change eventually.

Yeah for sure... I realize things are very much in flux, what with this being alpha. I know that I'll definitely end up with a constellation AT SOME POINT. I'm just trying to determine if that point is now, in the near future, or way down the road, hehe. If the general consensus of Connie owners right now is that it's functional and worth flying... I might just have to snag one sooner rather than later. :-)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I really didn't like this architect's critique of the 600i (and you can see my comments posted on SCB and Spectrum) - and I think he probably read my comment on Spectrum and dramatically improved his critique of the Andromeda / Aquila / Phoenix and Hammerhead.   One way I kinda know he saw my post was that he comments about how an aerospace engineer may design something different than an architect for a spaceship (and I am both and that was part of my critique of his video).   Anyway he did a nice job here - check it out. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I am finally looking into this game after alot of waiting. I really like the carrack but looking at whats out now is why I am here. My question is why is this bundle so expensive?

The andromeda bundle is 275 but the base ship is listed as 225. If I bought a mustang pack and upgraded it wouldnt I save $35? I know the andeomeda pack lists a bunch of other stuff so is something in there actually worth buying the pack? More money is cool but 9k isnt much is it? Is it the hanger? is there value in the cosmetics it has?

[https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/rsi-constellation/Constellation-Andromeda#buying-options]

Bonus question, the aquila really dosnt come with a fighter right? I see it listed as $20 but its not directly for sale with money atm so that would kinda stink to not have it since with only one manned turrent the aquila is prob quite alot weaker than this base but thats not the point.

Bonus question two, if I have an aquila valued at $310 and the carrack comes back in the store I could upgrade it into that carrack for $90 and since the loaner is aquila still have that same ship to fly right? Is there some  downside to those upgrades? I heard melting ships to buy another makes them account bound, is that upgrading or selling for credits and buying with credits?

I prob wont start playing until the new flight model is out or close either way but I am starting to get a baseline of this game and that package confused me.