RSI - Phoenix (Constellation)

VoA

They also recently completed the long-awaited Constellation Phoenix, finishing the last few LOD tasks, and polished the conference table and piano (not literally). Once the final Phoenix bugs are worked out, they’ll move onto the Banu Defender:
“We’re very excited about this and are already doing the preliminary work to ensure the visuals match everyone’s expectations.”

Except for the standard quarters and no guest rooms on 600i. The phoenix has 1x "state" and 2 "guest" rooms and plenty of weapons.

The 600i looks beautiful, but then it has no guest rooms. However, apart from the "mess hall" and the hanger lift the rest seems a bit sterile. Also the poor weapons :D

600i Vs Connie... The connie will win

On 9/30/2018 at 8:41 PM, VoA said:

As mentioned before I am an Architect so I am responding to your comments from a professional perspective (since I deal with these design issues every day)

• The Phoenix has never been an extended (long time out of dock) touring ship - that has always been reserved for the 890 Jump (and by extension the 600i) = so it actually doesn't make sense to sacrifice space on a smaller ship for additional wardrobes / closets / in-suite bathrooms.   The two forward bathrooms are fine relative to the crew compliment + VIP contingent (but they do need to be more "baller" ;) ) ---- it would be fine however if CIG can sneak in more "drawer" compartments for storing clothes but I would imaging most VIPs would come with their own mobile wardrobe and just set it up within the space (((( no need for built-ins ))))
  • I do think though that the neck section needs more improvement as previously posted
  • I also think the Master should have a fish tank of its own if the other guest rooms have it
  • It isn't a bad designed ship - quite the contrary - and it is much improved over the MK3 and it doesn't waste space with corridors like on other ships (like the Tali and other Aegis ships)

Well, let's put it this way

You would never be MY architect. 😁

So I haven't really kept up with the changes for the Phoenix over the years - I initially bought it because 1) Lux and 2) better power+weapons

From reviewing the ship matrix, it looks like the Phoenix is now exactly the same as the other Connies, except with maybe just an extra small auto-turret, which used to be the PDS.

Doesn't the Phoenix have a better power plant (or better anything else) any more? No more benefits except the luxury starting components?

29 minutes ago, NewzyOne said:

So I haven't really kept up with the changes for the Phoenix over the years - I initially bought it because 1) Lux and 2) better power+weapons

From reviewing the ship matrix, it looks like the Phoenix is now exactly the same as the other Connies, except with maybe just an extra small auto-turret, which used to be the PDS.

Doesn't the Phoenix have a better power plant (or better anything else) any more? No more benefits except the luxury starting components?

Yes it is still "higher grade" than the other Connies.   The component system isn't the same so they upgraded its components to Competition Grade Components.   Read some of the previous posts - after this latest update.   I have most ships in the game and the Phoenix is my 2nd favorite (used to be my #1 until the Pioneer came along).

It definitely used to be my favourite.. closely followed by Khartu-al and Vanguard. And after what they did with both of those in comparison to their sales pitch, I'm a little scared what they'll do to the ship that I intended to spend most of my time in the verse piloting.

Here's hoping the changes to the Phoenix still leave it a cut above. I'll never melt it, as I want to gain rep as a VIP transport .. I just want them not to stifle that plan by making the Phoenix underwhelming. 

3 hours ago, NewzyOne said:

It definitely used to be my favourite.. closely followed by Khartu-al and Vanguard. And after what they did with both of those in comparison to their sales pitch, I'm a little scared what they'll do to the ship that I intended to spend most of my time in the verse piloting.

Here's hoping the changes to the Phoenix still leave it a cut above. I'll never melt it, as I want to gain rep as a VIP transport .. I just want them not to stifle that plan by making the Phoenix underwhelming. 

I always reiterate to others - that - you have to go off of what CIG "INTENDS" for the ship........ not what it currently is in game since it is a WIP and subject to change.   The Khartu-Al is still my 3rd favorite ship too :)

+ relax about the Phoenix - it will be your favorite - and most versatile / profitable ships (and remember they don't have VIP missions yet)

iqtvtruvkjr11.jpg

Posted by 10 hours ago

Notes about the Phoenix for PTU participants

renderTimingPixel.png

The ship is NOT finished, not even to the standards of the PTU.

- The doors on the ship clip badly into the walls. The Phoenix specific doors, not the Constellation portion.https://snag.gy/V1T3vm.jpg

- Don't drop the cargo elevator. Yeah.... That part is not even remotely finished! Trust me... Empty abyss kind of not finished. (That planetoid is actually Yela) r/https://snag.gy/SshOxf.jpg

- And even then, being inside the cargo elevator area when open... Causes you to be able to see through the textures of the entire ship. r/https://snag.gy/NMvoSD.jpg

- And if you are in the cargo elevator when you close it... You die. r/https://snag.gy/sxPL8U.jpgr/https://snag.gy/aPhWz1.jpg A work around is to move into the centre of the elevator after you press the close button.

- The only way to close the elevator from within the ship, is from the pilot's seat as the button only exists on the actual cargo elevator platform.

- There is no way to open the hot tub enclosure doors. /shrug

- Oddly enough the area behind where the placeholder Merlin sits... Is open to vacuum through an invisible cut off point. /shrug r/https://snag.gy/94qkKn.jpg You can actually zero g float through the back wall here. I would not advise doing this as you can become stuck... Forcing a suicide.

- The Phoenix specific doors have issues with the open button, where you need to be a certain distance or angle from it for them to be functional. /shrug r/https://snag.gy/lymG1P.jpg A weird work around for this is to go to another button and highlight it orange without clicking on it, then returning to the desired button and miraculously, it will now work.

Still a few left on this limited sale...959 LEFT

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16764-Alpha-33-Flyable-Ships?utm_source=Star+Citizen+Supporters&utm_campaign=9c58215a08-Weekly+Friday+Newsletter+-+07%2F27%2F2018_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_607785b0c2-9c58215a08-28947501

THE RSI CONSTELLATION PHOENIX

TOUR IN STYLE in Alpha 3.3

With an interior designed with relaxation and entertainment in mind, the Phoenix melds proven RSI engineering with top-of-the-line luxury and styling. It's the perfect combination of adventurer spirit and connoisseur taste. Touting opulent touches like a hot tub and player piano, alongside Constellation standards like a sensor-dampening cargo hold and factory-equipped P-72 Archimedes snub fighter and LYNX rover. It's a touring ship that understands getting there is at very least, half the fun.

Rise to the occasion in your Constellation Phoenix

A dedicated luxury spacecraft for the discerning star captain.

store_small.png
RSI CONSTELLATION PHOENIX 3.3 FLYABLE- Standalone Ship
$350.00 USD
959 LEFTMORE INFOADD TO CART

5 minutes ago, VoA said:

The Phoenix comes with it's own portable sun affixed to the front

If you think that's something, with the current headlight settings, flying a Glaive or a Blade at night will turn everything blood red for miles around. Maybe you could use one to signal the approach of your squadron! :)

13 hours ago, LowZone said:

If you think that's something, with the current headlight settings, flying a Glaive or a Blade at night will turn everything blood red for miles around. Maybe you could use one to signal the approach of your squadron! :)

Well we are a Vanduul Hunting Squadron (unit) - so this will give us incentive to capture some :)