RSI - Phoenix (Constellation)

VoA

I think the way they're looking at is they sold the LTI version as a limited block and any blocks after that will just have the insurance from whatever sale they're on. It sucks because I was hoping to ccu a p72 to Phoenix for the LTI.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

its probably because they don't want players to hoarde the CCU's for it. some people would probably buy a lot of aquila to phoenix upgrades and sell them later.

Or maybe even Crusible to phoenix. that would be a 0$ CCU

2 hours ago, Kobool said:

its probably because they don't want players to hoarde the CCU's for it. some people would probably buy a lot of aquila to phoenix upgrades and sell them later.

Or maybe even Crusible to phoenix. that would be a 0$ CCU

Yeah, after reading the details on the page it looks like they still haven't really add a way to track the CCU version of the Phoenix so to keep it limited to 5000 they are just selling them. I guess I understand, but still disappointed but I'm spending $350 on it Connie and not getting LTI for it.

Yeah, my question is how they will handle it in universe. If they make it super rare and have RSI only produce 5000 every year, then to stick with the lore, one could only replace a destroyed one when these come to market. This would then create issues because my guess is that many of the production run will be used by insurance replacements. Does anyone know if CIG will ignore the lore and in game mechanics for insurance replacements?

5 minutes ago, faquarl25 said:

Yeah, my question is how they will handle it in universe. If they make it super rare and have RSI only produce 5000 every year, then to stick with the lore, one could only replace a destroyed one when these come to market. This would then create issues because my guess is that many of the production run will be used by insurance replacements. Does anyone know if CIG will ignore the lore and in game mechanics for insurance replacements?

No one knows - but its likely that the Phoenix (really like all luxury ships) will remain rare.  Example ... The Aurora LN will be more rare than the ES.... the 890 Jump will remain rare.  When then come out with the Luxury variant (for VIP missions) for the Genesis Starliner then those will likely be rare as well.

The good thing about VIP missions (luxury ships) being rare is that it reduces the competition for those missions...... and therefor (with supply / demand) make those missions more profitable.  Likewise.... the most important "cargo" to carry....... in the VERSE.... is people........ and VIPs pay more than others.......  :gr_pimp:

However, real life has shown that VIP transport pays less than mass crowd transport. In the steam age, most liners made most of the profit from steerage. It was the first class that got the company as a whole more money because they traveled more. So, its up to CIG to determine how profitable people transport will be. Heck, slave transport might pay well for those selling in Nul. Not that anyone should do it. 

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Turo said:

I would wait until final balance / beta is over with to make that kind of permanent decision mang... I doubt they're going to let the Phoenix be anything but amazing as the Chris Roberts flagship

Agreed we already know - per the ship brochure where the ship excels beyond a standard Andromeda.

6 hours ago, CheeseNorris said:

very close to letting go of the phoenix. don't know but it seems pretty normal compared to andromedas now :/

There are HUGE things that set the Phoenix apart from an Andromeda.... like the PDS, potential one class higher thrusters, P72 vs P52, stronger hull, better components such as piping, CPU, Avionics, .... etc.... really every component is better.   I still think the Phoenix will be the best 1v1 ship in the game anything short of ... vs.... fighting a capital ship.

• 3 months later...

A related post on VIP missions....

Related discussion on the Polaris Price - relative to the 890 Jump (and also applies to Phoenix) on the RSI Forums ...

What about the $600 890 JUMP?

The Polaris could go that high if it were a "Heavy" or "Larger" Corvette but it is not.... so I think the Polaris will come in under price of an 890 Jump ...... thus I expect a price range of $400-$500 for the Polaris. Ben just said that it will definetly be more than $290 and a previous Bat Girl interview he mentioned it would be "like the Carrack" but a little more expensive with the military extras (more hardpoints / components / etc...)...... thus the $400-$500 for the Polaris. 

The 890 Jump can command a Higher price point than the Polaris because VIP Shuttling / Touring missions will likely be the most profitable missions in the Verse (other than maybe all out "war" missions vs the Vanduul). The most valuable Cargo in the Verse is "Humans"...... and those that pay the most are "VIP"....... but they will be demanding (they will need "Nany" ... "top-notch" service.... not just being served the best drink on a Starliner.... but they will need to be pampered..... they will need their dance floor (for celebrities)... need their Jacuzi's..... need the top notch medical facilities, .... etc... and will want to be pampered.). Some VIPs will be military brass or political VIPs and they will need private meeting areas with top of the line / secure communications. Some will just be site seers (touring) and will need top notch scanners and viewing accommodations, etc...

^^^ High End accomdations, High End Service, etc.... demands top of the line Components (the best scanners, the best avionics, the best CPU, the best C&C modules, the strongest and lightest hulls = with special alloys, + this applies to the P72 and 85x, etc...)...... thus the high price of ships like the Phoenix and 890 Jump..... but VIPs have loose pockets and will pay top dollar so you can get High Reward even in a Low Risk area. Keep in mind though..... VIPs may also have bounties on their head and they are valuable for pirates to kid-nap and hold for ransom...... so that alone could create a High Risk scenario even in highly patrolled sectors of UEE space.

Yep. I recently un-melted my Phoenix CCU so I can upgrade it from one of my LTI P72's.

I have to agree @VoA I think these ships will have great game play attached to them. CIG have confirmed many times now that the Connie is 'very' customisable so we can can chop and change most of the features of this ship. If a pilot wanted to explore in a Phoenix they can just switch out the top turret for a scanning module etc... But as you know only too well (as the most vocal Phoenix fan :)) only the Phoenix comes with the juicy point defence and upgraded engine/systems etc... This ship looks amazing but I needed it confirmed that I could change all the modules to suit myself before I went back and got it again.

Definitely getting my Phoenix back :)

• 1 year later...

Phoenix used to be my favorite ship until the Pioneer came out (but obviously I'll be flying the Phoenix a bunch more).   I still think it is an awesome ship that makes bank (UEC) on VIP missions but it is also a space superorioty ship.... likely to be favored vs any ship smaller than a Hammerhead (with the possible exception of a Harbinger).

+++ Its a rare ship probably worth 2-3 times its net worth when the game goes live (since others won't be able to easily get them)

Only a few left on this sale and it is a 60 month insurance (a good deal)

$350.00 USD
789 left
ADD TO CART
The game is currently in alpha version. It will be constantly expanded as we move toward the completed game.
Show PC requirements
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
78-RSI-Constellation-Phoenix.png
  • CONTAINS

• Constellation Phoenix
    • 60 Month Insurance
    • Revel & York Hangar

Never cared about the Phoenix, until I saw this.

5a1f1c9d94300_phoenixrework.thumb.PNG.3e6c16272acd5b77b966d4e51e811caf.PNG

The redesigned interior looks like it was was heavily inspired by Ten Forward.

1000?cb=20121210232354&path-prefix=en

Obviously this isn't the final interior and lighting, but I think it should have an option to make it something close to this.

Also, Josh Coons needs to lay off the Ketamine.

I just hope that only the Phoenix and the other 2 luxury ships will be able to do VIP missions but recent comments from Chris seem to indicate that anyone can do VIP missions in their ships in which case the Phoenix loses a lot of its charm. Esp. since CIG seems to be screwing us with the powerplant size (it seems we will get the same power plant as the other connies and maybe we can siphon off a bit of power from the mini powerplant that powers the luxury module and shunt them to the shields or engine ....) Somehow that was not what I was thinking of when they sold the Phoenix with a +1 power plant size ....;)

To my fellow Phoenix owners it is with great sadness that I tell you all that I have CCD my Phoenix to upgrade to the 600i.  The interior and the loss of the Point Defense Turret made this an easy decision for me.  I did like the original specs on the Phoenix and would have loved using that for VIP transportation, but alas what is done is done.  I will be holding funeral services this weekend.

I hope CIG has moved the VIP master into it's own suite!  The new interior looks promising at least!

3 hours ago, J. Coren said:

Never cared about the Phoenix, until I saw this.

5a1f1c9d94300_phoenixrework.thumb.PNG.3e6c16272acd5b77b966d4e51e811caf.PNG

The redesigned interior looks like it was was heavily inspired by Ten Forward.

1000?cb=20121210232354&path-prefix=en

Obviously this isn't the final interior and lighting, but I think it should have an option to make it something close to this.

Also, Josh Coons needs to lay off the Ketamine.

That redesigned interior looks suspiciously Star Trekky.  It seems extremely spacious for the Phoenix!  Oh, I see you were referencing Star Trek to make your point.  I'm still curious if CIG moved the VIP bed into a suite or room or is it still out in the open behind the bar.