RSI - Phoenix (Constellation)

VoA

OK so now I have a conundrum...

I've decided on getting a Phoenix. I had my CCU path all planned out and then along came the 48hour Combo - Armada-Pack and ruined my night / morning!

I'm pondering Melting my Idris -P, 2nd Orion, 2nd Redeemer Package/s, possibly some of my 11 Hornet -> S.Hornet CCUs and a few Heralds and getting the Armada Pack.

From that Pack I would:

CCU 4 of my Heralds into F7C-M Super Hornets + Apply my 4 F7A 'upgrades' (for a total of 4 F7A-M's)

CCU the Gladius & Gladiator into a Sabre (for 2 Sabres)

Vanguard Warden CCU into a Redeemer (for a USD$0 CCU)

Reraliator Bomber CCU into a Constellation + Apply Phoenix Upgrade

And Keep the Starfarer Gemini

OK so now I have a conundrum...

I've decided on getting a Phoenix. I had my CCU path all planned out and then along came the 48hour Combo - Armada-Pack and ruined my night / morning!

I'm pondering Melting my Idris -P, 2nd Orion, 2nd Redeemer Package/s, possibly some of my 11 Hornet -> S.Hornet CCUs and a few Heralds and getting the Armada Pack.

From that Pack I would:

CCU 4 of my Heralds into F7C-M Super Hornets + Apply my 4 F7A 'upgrades' (for a total of 4 F7A-M's)

CCU the Gladius & Gladiator into a Sabre (for 2 Sabres)

Vanguard Warden CCU into a Redeemer (for a USD$0 CCU)

Reraliator Bomber CCU into a Constellation + Apply Phoenix Upgrade

And Keep the Starfarer Gemini

I had a similar conundrum.... I decided (and would give the same advice) to make it a priority to keep your Phoenix as one of your primary ships (since it is rare, perfect size, powerful, profitable, etc... per previous posts)....... 

If you have an Idris-P as a single ship (not tied to the Armada package) then no need to use Armada Pack.   There are a lot of Redundant ships in the Armada Pack (for instance I am thinking of Melting my Gladius now that I have a Sabre).   Individual ships also gives you more Hangars (and multiple hangars are good to spread throughout the galaxy) + the hangar flare.

The Armada Pack is really only good if you don't already have an Idris-P.

---------

Question is why --->>> Reraliator Bomber CCU into a Constellation + Apply Phoenix Upgrade  = you Loose $50 converting a Tali Bomber into an Andromeda (unless you only have just a base Tali).  Just buy a Sabre and CCU that to an Andromeda - then upgrade to Phoenix.

On today's RTV - Ben said that when the Connie is flyable.... they may release that last remaining Phoenix's that may have been melted but they are holding to that limited number set upon in their initial release.  So watch out for this (and they will go fast) :)

I'm not sure if the Phoenix upgrade can be applied to a Constellation Aquila or if it HAS to be an Andromeda Variant as the Upgrade states Andromeda -> Phoenix:

fRr6aLd.jpg

From Andromeda only but the CCU system will have downgrade options in the future (but don't think you get $ back for the difference but it would be a $0) - per RTV today.

Yah, said they could possible sell a few hundred of the melted phoenixs, but sticking to the limited number.

Not sure how they will handle people requesting to unmelt their ships if they do sell the last few remaining of the initial 5000. Glad to hear that they will still stick to that limited number. Only 0.05% of citizens will have a phoenix ;3

On today's RTV - Ben said that when the Connie is flyable.... they may release that last remaining Phoenix's that may have been melted but they are holding to that limited number set upon in their initial release.  So watch out for this (and they will go fast) :)

Well I'll have to keep an eye out as they'll be worth a pretty penny if they do 'release' the remaining few.

Not sure how they will handle people requesting to unmelt their ships if they do sell the last few remaining of the initial 5000. Glad to hear that they will still stick to that limited number. Only 0.05% of citizens will have a phoenix ;3

I guess they'll have to put out a post or something before they do the release, to give people who melted them a chance to get them back AND state that if it remains melted after a certain date that they *(the people who have melted them) will NOT be able to get them back, I hope they also do something like I just said for the 890J IF they ever release them again, I'm glad I got two though =D

All the ships except the Phoenix, 890J and F7-A 'Upgrade' (Veterans Day Promo) have dropped greatly in price.

At some point they just wont anymore, and the longer people wait, the closer that rude awakening will be.

Can't come quick enough really, yes, I agree with you but seeing how things have been going and CIG's marketing of their product I only think that un-melting (via concierge) will either stop right before the full released product or they (Concierge / CIG) become inundated with un-melt requests.

There just to much money to be made in unmelting closer to the PU when the ships are flight ready and balancing is near final.

Took the recent upgrade to the CCU system to turn one of my sacrificial LTI ships into an Andromeda > Phoenix.

Its simply far too rare and powerful in the PU to not keep one, and I'm optimistic that there will be opportunities for making good money with them when I don't just use it as my personal limo.

Well as it is, CS doesnt have to un-melt or unupgrade your ships. They are just doing it if you ask nicely for now. At some point they just wont anymore, and the longer people wait, the closer that rude awakening will be.

There was talk in Concierge (I don't have time to look for the quote right now) that CIG are seriously considering a manual unmelt button to let backers select and unmelt their own ships without tying up CS resources.

This would be a brilliant move for everyone involved - easier for us and more money for CIG.

And not just the lore but also Concierge. This is the reply I got when I asked to remove my existing Phoenix Upgrade:

I also wanted to add some food for thought in that the Phoenix is a very very rare ship, with only roughly 0.8% of the community owning one.

Additionally, obtaining them in the game will be very difficult to do. This is not just through it's extremely limited availability, but the Phoenix has very strong defenses, so jacking one will also be considered a big risk and challenge.

Just some food for thought. :)

So the basic gist is that, if you can get one before the PU, then it's a good idea. Unless you like lining up in queues or risking your butt to steal one. Which could be fun, frankly.

I was thinking, since it is so rare, wouldn't it take FOREVER (for a ship of this size, like a month) for the insurance to replace it? Otherwise, it would be easy to just go down to the RSI dealer and get one because production would be high. How will this work? Will people be able to fly their Pheonix around without the risk of loosing it for a month? 

I'm so glad I applied the Phoenix upgrade to my Rear Admiral package.  Back when the variants were released, I didn't realize just how rare the Phoenix was going to be (the rarity of getting one in-game) and almost applied the Aquila upgrade instead.  I figured I'd use my Aquila more for to explore, so it made sense (at the time) to apply the LTI to it instead of the Phoenix.  I'm glad somebody talked me out of it!.  

njpE1LN.png

• 4 weeks later...

Those bastards better not make that an unlimited sale. :angry: The Phoenix was Always going to be limited to the number from the Original sale. If they sell the remaining Phoenixes then fine but if they make it available in unlimited numbers then the marketing guys at CGI should be walked out the nearest airlock and be purged into raw vacuum. I am getting more than a little tired of CGI going back on its word just to rake in a few more $.

Same shit with the BMM last year 2 year Insurance, this year 3 year Insurance, probably if you buy it before launch you get 5 years Insurance? So now I have to melt my BMM and buy another BMM just to get another year of Insurance ...... does anyone at CIG actually use their brain? :rolleyes: We give them heaps of money interest free with no obligation to repay and they keep screwing us over, the earlier you pledged the more you get screwed lol :lol:

PS if someone at CIG actually managed to grow a brain and make the Phoenix sale limited to the remaining ships from the Original sale then I will already apologize for this rant ;)

Dont forget the arch is now on an unlimited sale.

One of the selling points of the phoenix is now available for everyone to have! I wonder if they will offer the point defense system upgrade for the base model as well.