So which constellation variant did you buy or interested in?

Dezno

All people should remember that nothing is set into stone;

Neither brochure, ship-stats and maybe even the exclusivety of the Phoenix.

This said I recommend to pledge for a ship that gives you the best feelings.

You dont like the flashy interior but the stats are better? Ignore the stats, buy another ship.

You will fly hours and hours in your ship and it is so much harder to have fun  
impersonating a grissly combat-Veteran if you are amidst the Bling-Bling of Playboy-Manison.

The Phoenix is an ultimately specialized ship......dont count on making a living transporting

rich people. Rich people are rare by nature and usually own a luxurycraft by themselves. 

You want the Phoenix because it is limited?

Your choice alone.

But what use is a ship that rusts in your Hangar?

All people should remember that nothing is set into stone;

Neither brochure, ship-stats and maybe even the exclusivety of the Phoenix.

This said I recommend to pledge for a ship that gives you the best feelings.

You dont like the flashy interior but the stats are better? Ignore the stats, buy another ship.

You will fly hours and hours in your ship and it is so much harder to have fun  

impersonating a grissly combat-Veteran if you are amidst the Bling-Bling of Playboy-Manison.

The Phoenix is an ultimately specialized ship......dont count on making a living transporting

rich people. Rich people are rare by nature and usually own a luxurycraft by themselves. 

You want the Phoenix because it is limited?

Your choice alone.

But what use is a ship that rusts in your Hangar?

Hot tub hangar party :D 

@VoA  *chuckles* I bought each upgrade because I don't know which connie I want.  If the luxury one is limited, id hate to miss out if didn't have the upgrade for it.

I doubt I'll have more than one (or maybe two connies in total when PU goes live - thank god for CCU!) as I have more ships than I can easily use.  So for me its all about the functionality.  I'm leaning towards the Aquila as its the only hvy spec explorer (I have the 315 but the connie beats that hands down) and I upgraded my lancer to the MAX version cause I'm more focus'd on trade.

Each to there own *grins*, I'm trying to limit myself to only LTI ships (given the size of my fleet) just to keep costs down.  I know its conjecture re pricing  on insurance etc but it all adds up.  When CCU is available i'll investigate further. 

With zero hangar fee's, LTI and refining my own fuel,  i will be using the bulk of my fleet generating funds within working distance of my initial hangar.  Then take out a small number of ships for long haul high profit trades.

All I know is you can damn well bet every phoenix owner is going to reskin their ship the moment they're able.  With that shiny white you'd see it even before your radar did.

the white color goes well with the deluxe 'something & someone' hangar, but a red/gold polish look would go amiss...

My reasoning about upgrading to Phoenix...

I will use the conny at start to transport missioncargo or starfarer fuelboat 'til i got more cash.

Longterm i want to run cargo in a Banu MM and use the Phoenix as a combat-transport or low cubic high tonage cargo (gold/uranium etc)

should i not be able to get a banu MM or Xi'an Cargoship (who noone knows how big it is) i can allways get a taurus later

• 9 months later...

Just picked up the Andromeda :D - sad i missed the LTI sale on it way back when but I hope there's a way to get it in game somehow, or else purchase later

Just by a Reliant (before it goes off Concept Sale) ... then do a Cross Chasis Upgrade to an Andromeda when both are fly able in AC. Then you'll have LTI. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up the Andromeda  :D  - sad i missed the LTI sale on it way back when but I hope there's a way to get it in game somehow, or else purchase later

Yeah, best bet is what @VoA said. CIG is on record saying that LTI is a development pledging bonus, and won't be achievable in-game once PU launches. Otherwise, you could try to hit the ship trades and see if you can get an LTI one on sale, but they average ~$400 for the Andromeda complete package (though they usually come with original backer goodies).

Honestly, though, I have an Andromeda with 6 months insurance. I'm happy with that. For 6 months, I won't have to deal with insurance at all. Afterwards, it's only a small overhead - you can look at any LTI debate thread and see pros and cons to LTI. It may not be worth the hassle to shoot for LTI.

Say that again when you lose your ship because you forgot the insurance.

Haha, probably be kicking myself. But that depends on how insurance will be implemented - I don't see that happening, unless I have zero in-game cash flow (Spaghetti Monster forbid).