Constellation phoenix head count

ELL4EVER

Leaning more towards the Aquila I think, don't have an exploration vessel yet and the scanning array might also be useful for patroling our space. I also like the greater visibility of the bridge. Plus I'm kind of on a budget right now and the Phoenix is 125 dollars more if I want to upgrade my Andromeda, while the Aquila costs only 50 dollars ...

Yes upgraded my connie to the Phoenix.. specs are a little close.. for me I couldn't look past the interior layout, P72 Archimedes fighter, Lynx Rover and Shields. Though it sacrifices on Class-3 Missile Loadout combinations,  it marginally has greater power and maybe a weaker Class-5 mount AS-74 Needles (stock) - would like more details on this.

I am running the Phoenix, Freelancer DUR and F7C Hornet. 

Regards

NZT 

j0nnyc4g3

I was quite surprised earlier when I was scrolling down my YouTube sub box and a bunch of videos from RSI appear, one of them being the conny advert. After watching it I scrambled to the store and said goodbye to my freelancer as I melted her down to go towards the beautiful phoenix. 

How many fellow Imperium members have purchased this limited edition marvel? 

+1

scrapped my MIS Freelancer to pay for the Phoenix upgrade

2 more size 2 missile hardpoints (no size 1 though) and a bigger max powerplant plus Andromeda fighter and better equipment in general could make this the fighting variant of the Constellation.

Of course it could still be true that upgrading an Andromeda might be the better choice in the end because we don't know how much "upgrade/item slots" will be wasted for luxuries in the Phoenix but I guess we have to wait and see meanwhile there is no hurt in going for it as I could always change back to Andromeda

Seemingly the Phoenix is only limited as a stand-alone ship, as since the announcement "only" 383 Phoenix's were sold: 

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Standalone-Ships/Constellation-Phoenix

4617 LEFT

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Constellation-Phoenix
(no limit mentioned)

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Upgrades/Constellation-Phoenix-Upgrade
(no limit mentioned)

So there are now 3 ways to acquire the Phoenix, and only the stand-alone version mentions the limit of 5000 ships. 

If any one wants to have a party in space with me in the hot tub more the merrier(only has 8 seats), jeeves will be at the bar serving wine,scotch & other beverages! 

It also came with a piano so some appropriate music will be played :D(HARTWELL MUSIC SENTINEL 88G) its available on the add-on store separately.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/erio9wnih91prr/source/Constellation-Phoenix-V6.pdf  on page 14 shows it in better detail.

Seemingly the Phoenix is only limited as a stand-alone ship, as since the announcement "only" 383 Phoenix's were sold: 

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Standalone-Ships/Constellation-Phoenix

4617 LEFT

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Constellation-Phoenix

(no limit mentioned)

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Upgrades/Constellation-Phoenix-Upgrade

(no limit mentioned)

So there are now 3 ways to acquire the Phoenix, and only the stand-alone version mentions the limit of 5000 ships. 

Ben confirmed all phoenix sales are counted toward the 5000 limit. It's just they need to manually calculate the sales from upgrade and package later and substrate the number from the 5000 

Bought an extra Phoenix upgrade. Will likely use it as a bargaining chip in future transactions. Worst case scenario is I'll melt it. 

Nooo....don't melt it... It's a limited item, so you can better sell it on the marketplace when they're sold out if you need money or want to buy something else. Just my two cents... 

Bought an extra Phoenix upgrade. Will likely use it as a bargaining chip in future transactions. Worst case scenario is I'll melt it. 

Even if the item comes back, it will still be limited in supply, just like the Super Hornets and M50s. I really recommend listening to @Ragnor and not melting a limited upgrade and just hold onto it until you decide if you want to keep it or not, and if not you can drop it onto our marketplace. :)

I upgraded my andromeda to the phoenix, but I was seriously considering the aquila.  Not everything in the phoenix is functional, but there are three bathrooms and a Jacuzzi!  I squeeled with delight when I saw that.   :wub:

Well i thought about it and decided to go the "safe" route and get the Phoenix upgrade but not apply it.

That way i will still be able to melt/sell it and get a non-limited variant upgrade if it turns the Phoenix isn't all it's cracked up to be when the informational mess they have now gets cleared up.

I bought a Phoenix upgrade for my original Rear Admiral package.  :)

I actually planned on buying both the limited edition and a combat-optimized model. It's a fortunate coincidence that the limited edition Phoenix model happens to be the most heavily armed.

I also got the Phoenix as an upgrade to my Rear Admiral package (although I'm not in Imperium). Not 100% sold that that will be my final answer, but it seems logical to put as good of an upgrade as I can on my LTI ships, because you have to insure any alterations from stock separately. And the Phoenix does seem like it has some nice upgrades to power plant, main engines, some of the weapons, etc.

Not sure its really the heaviest armed though, since it doesn't have any size 2 missiles, while the other others do, particularly the Andromeda model which also has an interceptor and two turrets. The class 9 thing is interesting, wonder if that comes with it or if its a hardpoint you need to add on.

In any case, grats CIG, you got more of my money. I think I'm pretty much done unless there's variants of the Gladiator I must have.

Bought a phoenix.

Love the upgraded snub fighter, land rover, cooling, shields, powerplant, and additional class 9.

Hate the interior.

Not modern luxury like I was hoping for, but I assume it might change with all the complaints on the board.

Picked the Phoenix for that sweet, sweet class 9 point defense gun. May be tempted to trade her in for a 890 yacht down the road, but happy for now. The multi-crew ships are why I'm here. 

Love the upgraded snub fighter, land rover

I doubt it, but the "upgraded" snub fighter and rover might just be extremely ugly or the specs might suck.

Can't quite grasp how you can already love them when there's no visuals or specs of either yet.

I picked one up, but have not yet applied it to my rear admiral package.  Waiting to see the details about the discrepancies.  I am really hoping for the massive engines, shield, power plant to be real.  I have my starfarer for cargo, so I really want to be able to deck this baby out with other goodies.

Yeah I've purchased but not applied both the Super Hornet upgrade and the Phoenix upgrade.  Its silly to apply it before you're sure or you have to.  The only other ship I've got is a Gladiator.  Maybe it will come with variants too.