IceShades

M50 stuffed inside a Freelancer MAX

The M50 seem to fit inside the MAX's hold.

Do you think CIG would allow to load small ships in the hold just like any ordinary cargo?

I'd take it as far as to enable a small ship to land and takeoff from the hold in space just like the Connie and Merlin.

I can already fit my Graycat in there :P

I think Star Citizen should be able to haul ships and ship parts in Cargo Bays (if they fit) ------ but they should be treated as Cargo where they have to be manually loaded and off-loaded.  Only Ships that function as Carriers should be able to Launch and Land ships without it being just "Cargo". 

Same thing applies to real life.  Truckers ship race cars all over the place :)

I think Star Citizen should be able to haul ships and ship parts in Cargo Bays (if they fit) ------ but they should be treated as Cargo where they have to be manually loaded and off-loaded.  Only Ships that function as Carriers should be able to Launch and Land ships without it being just "Cargo". 

Same thing applies to real life.  Truckers ship race cars all over the place :)

Yea, they could just code in an option to turn a small ship into cargo containers (think disassembled wing) so they fit inside the cargo bay. We'd just put it together at the next docking hangar.

On Geekdomo's StarCast Podcast - http://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus (now live - I'll post the recording later) - he also goes into upgrade clarifications and Connie Clarifications.

There was a Question about the M50 fitting inside a Constellation.  Ben replied by saying that they had a recent meeting on this... and thinks that I can fit in the Connie (since it is so small).  This means they intend to have the possibility of Hauling smaller ships inside of Larger ships (if it fits in their cargo hold).  There was NO DISCUSSION about the M50 being able to "Launch or Land" in the Connie ----- so it will "probably" be treated as Cargo ONLY and you'll probably need a Carrier type of Ship like the Idris to launch and land ships.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Scuba_Shoelace
      hello, im sure you have all heard this before but i cant seem to fine the answer im looking for.
      Q1. is there a way to buy a cargo container for the RSI Aurora MR?
      Q2. if so where do i buy it?
      from what i have seen there are some sort of cargo containers for the ship but i have been unable to locate where i might be able to buy them. 
      thanks
    • By SnowStorm
      ACCOUNT  FOR SALE: See First Reply, decided it was a safer route 
      Two purchases here on the forums in the past. A Terrapin CCU from @AstroJak (on June 19, 2017) 
      and a Dragonfly LTI from @StarC_Newbie (on May 31st, 2017) I can pull up the messages upon request. 
      List of ships and items owned (Nothing is gift-able, all purchased over time with store credits)
      Ships: 
      Package - Anniversary 2017 Mustang Discount Starter package
      Standalone Ship- Anvil Hawk LTI CCu'd to Freelancer LTI
      Standalone Ship- Anvil Hawk LTI CCu'd to Cutlass Black LTI
      Standalone Ship- Anvil Hawk LTI CCu'd to Terrapin LTI
      Items: 
      Package - Squadron 42 Add-on ($15.00 value)
      Kastak Arms Custodian SMG - Citizencon 2947 ($5.00 value) 
      Masters of Design Series - Hoplite & MPUV
      Masters of Design Series - Polaris & Razor
      Masters of Design Series - Caterpillar & Dragonfly
      Masters of Design Series - Prospector & Herald
      Masters of Design Series - Hurricane & Terrapin
      Holographic models- ICC Port Olisar
      Holographic models- IMS Bolliver
      Holographic models- Icarus One
      Holographic models- ICC Probe
      Hitbox Magazine
      Big Benny's Vending Machine
      Christmas Reward 2016
      Opera Mushroom
      Citizencon 2946 Trophy Subscriber Edition
      Conner's Beard Moss
      Takuetsu Mini Reliant Kore Model
      Takuetsu Golden Herald Model
      Takuetsu Mustang Gamma Model
      Buy Back tokens = 1
      Buy Back ships and items listed below
      Cutlass Black package
      Cutlass Starter Pack Gamescom2017
      Standalone - Drake Dragonfly Black
      Standalone - AOPOA Nox Kue LTI Warbond
      Ship Upgrades - Gladius to Cutlass Black Upgrade CCU
      Ship Upgrades - Freelancer to F7C Hornet Upgrade CCU
      Standalone Ship - Tumbril Cyclone LTI Presale
      Standalone Ship - X1 Force Edition LTI
      Standalone Ship - RSI Aurora LX Gamescom2017
      Standalone Ship - AEGIS Gladius
      Package - Freelancer
      Ship Upgrades - Freelancer to Freelancer Max Upgrade
      Package - Explorer Pack Gamescom2017
      Package - Mustang Alpha SC Starter
      Add-Ons - Air and Space Pack LTI (Terrapin and Cyclone AA)
      Package - Mustang Alpha SC Starter
      Package - Aurora MR SC Starter
      Package - Freelancer
      Ship Upgrades - Freelancer to Freelancer DUR Upgrade
      Standalone Ship - Drake Herald - Drake Sale
      $5,000 UEC starter money
      $197,500 REC virtual store money
      One paid Handle name change ready to use ($5.00 value)
      Total Melt value of account = $419.50
      Total ever spent on account = $494.50
      PM for more information, only selling because of a new addition to the family  and my wife said so  

• By Delenin
      I've just gotta know if this is a common "issue."
      I saw that exchanging my F7C-S Hornet GHOST for a Freelance DUR was $0 because they cost the same base price (I didn't know you could even exchange ships of equal value.) I went ahead with it knowing I could just switch it back if I didn't like it. Instead of giving me a Freelancer DUR, what the upgrade did instead was not only keep the GHOST, but also threw in an extra Hornet and a standard-class Freelancer.

I mean I'm not upset- At the end of the day I've got three ships now, but none of them are actually what I meant to get. They all show up in my hanger, each can be summoned and customized in the universe, and I can even request insurance for them.
      I could always try to upgrade my ship to the GHOST then back again but I'm a bit worried about that, I don't want to break it anymore than it already is. Might as well let sleeping dogs lie, I know that after awhile everything will probably be back to normal.
      Has this happened to anyone else? Maybe not exactly the same, but something along these lines?
    • By Buckaroo
      Ever start one of those missions to pick up some random box in space only to realize that your ship doesn't have a cargo hold?
      Well, now you don't have to worry about where to put that critical cargo or blackbox!  Just "strap" it to the roof with our patent non-slip invisible roof rack!

Don't worry, it won't come off in hyperspace either!

All you need to worry about is how do you get it down from up there!

NOW only 99,999 credits at your local dealer!

Satire post, just found a funny bug in Star Citizen 3.0 while attempting to deliver a picked-up box in space.  I was trying to see if I could put the box into the Co-pilot seat and it just "stuck" itself to the roof of the cockpit instead.  Thought I'd share and see if anyone else got some amusement from this.  

EDIT:  I was able to get it off the top when I sat in the co-pilot seat and quickly attempted to pick the box up as the cockpit started to close.  It started to slide down the cockpit length at which I then exited the vehicle and I appeared suddenly standing on top of the hornet.  I hopped down, delivered the box, and completed the mission!
    • By GRIZZ
      The Shipyard Series
      SHIP MASS
      CAREERS AND ROLES
      THRUSTERS
      SHIP TECHNICAL INFORMATION
      ORDNANCE HARDPOINTS
      WEAPON HARDPOINTS
      OTHER HARDPOINTS
      TURRETS
      VARIANTS & MODULES
      SCU AND CARGO

I'm excited for this series for many reasons.  The mechwarrior fan in me is very excited to start seeing how ship customization is coming along as we are moving from Design Docs and into documentation on how it's currently implemented.  Also the ship repair fan in me is very focused on ship components as I feel the largest role I look forward to playing will be efficiently getting modules back into operation during battles.

Starting with the Careers and Roles doc, it's light on new info for a veteran, but a killer starting point for new players interested in starting the game.  I'm happy to see Support ships separate from Industrial ships.  I feel a lot of players clump them together.  Also interesting is how luxury touring falls under exploration.  It makes sense, I just never thought about it I guess.  Pathfinder is a neat new subcategory