F8 Lightning

Shooting Star

Depends on what you're engaging but eventho Vanguard has a ton of shields and component health as it stands, that doesn't really reflect into its firepower and it's a bigger and slower target that most ships will have a good time shooting at.

Fuel mechanics might come into play but Vanguard might not be able to land inside smallest capital ships like Idris to repair. Should do fine paired with Kraken tho.

If F8C gets 1 size smaller hardpoints:

6x M4A + 2x M5A = 6 * 355 + 2 * 650 = 3430 alpha dmg

Puts it slightly higher than a Hornet but lower than Vanguard, yes. It'd actually be alright and the ship might not end up breaking the game. S2 power plant on it is still pretty strong if it's designed to be a more nimble fighter than a Hornet.

2 minutes ago, Brightmist said:

If F8C gets 1 size smaller hardpoints:

6x M4A + 2x M5A = 6 * 355 + 2 * 650 = 3430 alpha dmg

Puts it slightly higher than a Hornet but lower than Vanguard, yes. It'd actually be alright and the ship might not end up breaking the game. S2 power plant on it is still pretty strong if it's designed to be a more nimble fighter than a Hornet.

Anvil does tend to compensate for lower turning speeds with high jerk values, which allows the f7c to turn really fast under boost. In the sheets the F8a has a slightly higher mass than the the f7a (it is way lower than the F7C- and its part of what the devs were talking about in the flight model ATV) and the F8a has less jerk.  I expect the f8a to be faster, but not as nimble as the f7a. I think the f7a and light fighters will still have a strong role. Mass is going to get more and more important. I am really excited.

Alas. they really should have prioritized the new flight model. and maybe reworked weapon velocities. But, I really like the anvil flight feel today.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
IN-GAME REWARDS

Anvil Aerospace F8C Lightning: Few vehicles inspire the same awe as the legendary F8 Lightning. A force to be reckoned with, it's protected Humanity countless times from countless threats at home and far from civilization. Now, this next-generation space superiority fighter is available for your personal fleet.

Benefit_BADGE_COMMANDER.jpg

F8C Lightning Executive Edition: Always ready to improve upon near-perfection, Anvil has coordinated with the Chairman’s Club to create this stunning work of flying art, the F8C Lightning Executive Edition. The hull has been beautifully accentuated with a unique premium livery, while in the cockpit you’ll find sumptuous gold and metallic detailing, a fitting crown for this king of heavy fighters.

Benefit_BADGE_PRAETORIAN2.jpg

sweet looking ship.

• 4 months later...
7 hours ago, CaptainSomar said:

Man oh man. If they sell the F8, that will fund CIG for the rest of the year. 😂😂

I know you're probably joking but I've seen this repeated elsewhere. Why would they sell a reward for SQ42 completion (and a concierge perk)? Wouldn't that undermine the incentive to play SQ42 (and annoy certain concierge members)?

I jest, BUT...... if they did sell it: CIG would absolutely clear $200,000+ in the first day of the F8 sale. They read the threads. They know the hype. If the Esperia Glaive can sell for 350, they can get away with selling this “unobtainium ship” for substantial more.  1. To limit the amount purchased for exclusivity 2. Enhance its rarity 3. I could go on but you get it. 

I can also make a longer list of things that CIG has done to annoy backer at all levels and date backed. We are not special. If I spent $60 or $15,000 .... I am not more entitled than the other person. If CIG sells the F8, those $10k backers essentially get one for free.  Albeit, with a different skin to signify their baker level. 

As far as SQ42 play through.  I don’t think access to purchase the F8 in the PU is the incentive of the game. The game is the game. The “Benny” is that you do have that option in the PU. So if you don’t purchase it (if it’s even sold) because you don’t want to spend a ridiculous amount of real money for a fighter,  then play SQ42 and if you beat it.... there’s your bonus.

TLDR: Origin G12A is the concept vehicle that will be sold and not the F8.  But if they did both, one is priced affordably, and the other outrageous to limit.

$1 mil is the low average for one event sales (per ship and not per brand).

In recent years there have been more than one first time concept ship for sale and vehicles and also upgrades for "capital" ships.  Aside from being only in the poster and vid. I seriously doubt it is for sale. Bengul was there will we get it? Btw, this was supposed to be held at gamescom which got cancelled. 99.9% says no sale for F8C.

• 2 weeks later...