How did you decide your profession?

oneoff

I'm happy to read others are still on the fence as to what to do once the game goes live.  I've been purchasing ships that I feel look great and fill specific roles while still allowing some platform crossover.  In all I think after picking up the Gemini this week, I'm sitting at around 11 ships.  That's probably far to many for anyone to own, but I since I view each ship as it's own "player" in the PU, this tracks along with my "alt-o-holic" tendencies in MMOs.  

That said, I have no idea which Imperium unit to apply to.  I have small, med, large fighters, short/long range bombers, fuel, mechant, cargo and mining platforms and I want to do it all...I'm hopeful that when I do select an Imperium branch to join, I'll have plenty of opportunities both within and out of the organization to just pick any ship on any given day and just see what the day brings.

Ships are listed in my profile so if you are a recruiter from any of the 3 branches and you'd like to offer up your opinion, I'm all ears.

I'm happy to read others are still on the fence as to what to do once the game goes live.  I've been purchasing ships that I feel look great and fill specific roles while still allowing some platform crossover.  In all I think after picking up the Gemini this week, I'm sitting at around 11 ships.  That's probably far to many for anyone to own, but I since I view each ship as it's own "player" in the PU, this tracks along with my "alt-o-holic" tendencies in MMOs.  

That said, I have no idea which Imperium unit to apply to.  I have small, med, large fighters, short/long range bombers, fuel, mechant, cargo and mining platforms and I want to do it all...I'm hopeful that when I do select an Imperium branch to join, I'll have plenty of opportunities both within and out of the organization to just pick any ship on any given day and just see what the day brings.

Ships are listed in my profile so if you are a recruiter from any of the 3 branches and you'd like to offer up your opinion, I'm all ears.

Sounds like you might fit in very nicely with my squadron. Come on over and see what we have in the BLOOD MOON squadron. There is still a couple slots open.

Sounds like you might fit in very nicely with my squadron. Come on over and see what we have in the BLOOD MOON squadron. There is still a couple slots open.

That sounds great...I assume there are some sign up instructions?  I'll start looking for your squadron link in the meantime.

That sounds great...I assume there are some sign up instructions? I'll start looking for your squadron link in the meantime.

Yes there is. I'm on my phone running for a flight so cant help at the moment. If you introduce yourself on the forum you'll get help. Also make sure you go to imperium portal version two and register for blood moon squadron in the appropriate area. The squadron will NOT have issue with ships. More than enough of everything. Just need curageous types willing to risk big for bigger rewards near Vandul space.

Simple.  They said you may be able to name your own star system if you find one.  

I'm in.

Scott Manleyland

or 

Scott Manleyville

or 

Scott Manleyton

or 

Scott Manley City (even if it is a planetary system)

I like blowing shit up and seeing the pretty explosions.  This can be done offensively and defensively.

I like hunting down bad/wanted guys.

I like flying around all sneaky like.

Therefore, I'm going to be doing Military and Exploration missions.

I'm one of those people who enjoys the more quiet gameplay, what others might consider boring, like fishing or just wandering the gameworld looking for hidden stuff. Star Citizen's universe is a potential treasure trove, so when it came to deciding what I wanted to do, it wasn't a hard decision. Sure I'll love to dogfight on occasion but exploration is most likely what I'll be doing the most.

I want to do everything that has to do with logistics and mining. I'm looking forward to make flowcharts on different processes within this area. Solve bottle necks and make efficient solutions to lean different processes. The profession I am going to choose is the same profession I am want to work in real life with, and also looking forward to start projects within this category. "Lean the fuel supply towards fighting squadron when in battle", "Calculate the shortest way to and from different positions/destinations" and "Lean the mining output to a more efficient level, and so on. I guess you get the picture, I am going to be a lab rat with a suite and briefcase with the most awesome biggest beard.

Anhard