Do you think reddit prices are fair?

jtomes123

The mark up is worse then a new car ;) your looking at paying double what you would for it from RSI minimum, so no it's not worth buying but like stoff said it's player drivien, theres people out there who will be willing to risk that much to get something that might be worth nothing in then end

I don't get why people jump at the lti ships, especially for such high prices. But there's a demand for them I guess, or they would not be selling for $170. 

If you have 1 ship, LTI is a 'perk'. If you have 50+ it's kind of mandatory, (Plus your a bit looney!)

Prices are fine, but with the CCU quite a few people are not playing the market smart.

They are paying $150 for an Aurora MR ($100 markup) instead of $200 for an Xi'an ($50 markup)

auroras have the higher mark up because they are like young steam cells. the could become anything with cross hull.

so you could buy an MR @150$+230$ retaliator upgrade and got an LTI Retaliator. many people think this is fair.

anyway LTI value exceed its real game value many times. LTI is for collections, I'm not sure if every one buy an LTI understand that.

I want LTI not because of gameplay but because it's something special a collectible because i like the game but not for more than 5x of original price, I really like 300i series so i'll try to get arbiter package between $100-125. But reddit prices are ridiculous so I'll check out forum and wait :), I saw one for $120, I think so I still have a chance.

I want LTI not because of gameplay but because it's something special a collectible because i like the game but not for more than 5x of original price, I really like 300i series so i'll try to get arbiter package between $100-125. But reddit prices are redditculous so I'll check out forum and wait :), I saw one for $120, I think so I still have a chance.

FTFY

How does that work ?

Cross-Chassis Upgrade will be available when ships are ready for the AC.

For example, once the Gladius is ready for AC we'll have the ability to upgrade an Aurora LTI package (or any other package) into a Gladius LTI package. This will be the only way to get LTI on Gladius.

Since nothing on Reddit is furthering or supporting the game, I wish it would all go away. Pure greed.

The solution, as mentioned, would be to offer some LTI upgrade package, but damn it boy, can you imagine all the hate that would produce. The large plus to this scheme would be that those who really want//need LTI, would at least be supporting Star Citizen once more - DRUM out

Since nothing on Reddit is furthering or supporting the game, I wish it would all go away. Pure greed.

The solution, as mentioned, would be to offer some LTI upgrade package, but damn it boy, can you imagine all the hate that would produce. The large plus to this scheme would be that those who really want//need LTI, would at least be supporting Star Citizen once more - DRUM out

I do not agree with you when you reddit trades do not support the game for 2 reasons:

- many ships sold on reddit, are ships demelted by RSI itself to these seller. so RSI gain twice for any ship already sold and the redditor gain once.

- Reddit trades is collector place, that help RSI with hype and marketing.

more than that I do not understand why RSI changed the gift rule AFTER the TOS are defined and none try to stop them, that is serious.

(ebay have price higher than reddit ranging from +50% till 200%)

anyway I agree with you when you say to give LTI to everyone as addon untill the game is released, but RSI should give a payback to backers (OB/VB/NB and goldens)

I do not agree with you when you reddit trades do not support the game for 2 reasons:

- many ships sold on reddit, are ships demelted by RSI itself to these seller. so RSI gain twice for any ship already sold and the redditor gain once.

- Reddit trades is collector place, that help RSI with hype and marketing.

Total fallacy.

1) RSI only gain ONCE for anything, regardless of new purchase or un-melted.

2) It does "help" with the hype, but it's not exactly a "positive" hype.  

IMHO all ships bought before the launch of the PU should have been given LTI. All ships should be account bound, if you want to give your friend something then buy him a gift card. Trading and selling of accounts would be against TOS = fixed and done.

You would still have a 'grey' market of people trying to sell accounts but it would be much harder on the resellers. I.e. they would have to create new accounts and only put one ship on a account at a time. Smaller sales are much easier than large sales.

Total fallacy.

1) RSI only gain ONCE for anything, regardless of new purchase or un-melted.

2) It does "help" with the hype, but it's not exactly a "positive" hype.  

i'm sorry for my english. 

what i would to say is: RSI sell the ship TWICE and take money TWICE.

the buyer take the unmelted ship for himself (because it is not giftable) and sell the first he bought on 2013.

EDIT

to achivie this you bought a ship, melted it, and bought a new one with the store credit. the two ship melted and new one, now have 2 different ID. you can reclaim the melted now

EDIT

you can try yourself, if you have any LTI melted on your hangar log. Everyone could.

I hope this time it is more clear, but feel free to ask.