Characters (FPS) - 3.x

VoA

Started a Thread for Hangers 2.0 and we already have Ship threads - but we are now getting more and more work done on the characters themselves so I also wanted to start a thread for Characters 2.0.  Please post images of RSI characters, personal weapons, armor, etc... including any special outfits you may get down the road (like environmental coats, EVA suits, etc...). 

We will be getting images, videos, Dev posts, etc... about the WIP that CIG is now starting to reveal on Characters (FPS). We can use this thread to collate all new WIP items about Characters (FPS) like these sister (archive) threads:

•   

We currently don't have many images to go with - but post what you have found from Jump Point or other RSI sources.  We just got an image from Sandi on the Female Character - so wanted to post that:

Female Character:

10401989_703915472995075_745783860122153

Male Character:

gXpC1VG.png

3ecde673baf4794583cb9cbb205fdfa8.jpg

Star-Citizen-armor.png

Character Weapons:

DOxbIYj.jpg

tumblr_muqvcxqhxG1rlmcw3o7_1280.jpg

tumblr_n353t9F3eZ1rlmcw3o1_1280.jpg

And the Fan created Vanduul Knife from Operation Pitchfork (will be created in Star Citizen):

chainsaw_knife_by_lagnor-d79wncy.jpg

I don't know if i like the character design, hopefully they have some customization, then male character looks like a high school preppy 

the female model is kinda weird looking :/  that's probable why sandi has asked on her Facebook any suggestions on that model

@CC Corp I believe there will be some detailed customization with the facial features and some general body features (I'm thinking like in The Sims).  But I do agree with you that something is not right with the female character models.  More time is definitely needed here.

Hm, abouth the female characters, I hope in SC we will not have too much "boobiefied" and "bootiefied" female characters! Im all for realism and character customisations but in normal proportions!

Also that rifle reminds me so much of a bolter from WH40K,perhaps that sniper scope it not give too much advantage to the ovner, personaly I disslike sniper rifles they are

a "coward weapon" Im more for a medium range shoota whit a big dakka! :)

As allways I will play as a male character and slowly reveal whay Gnutt Arkonikus from the Honnorable house of Arkonikus hates space pirates and other bandits whit a great passion! But that is another story and all shall be reviled in do time!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/3474322/#Comment_3474322

CIG Ben Lesnickwcloaf

Posted: 7:41PM

Star Citizen will feature a fully-featured character creation system. You'll hear more about it when we get to the planetside/social module

The Multi-Layered Clothing Technology from "Kingdom Come: Delieverance" that Star Citizen will be using. Character Customization tech we might be seeing, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Wait, Titan armor classes? I thought the game wasn't going to have class systems? Did I misunderstand that?

Glad to hear FPS isn't mandatory. Real glad. Will save me, I'm sure, when a far more experienced shoot eventually boards me or tries something.

Wait, Titan armor classes? I thought the game wasn't going to have class systems? Did I misunderstand that?

Glad to hear FPS isn't mandatory. Real glad. Will save me, I'm sure, when a far more experienced shoot eventually boards me or tries something.

I think you are misunderstanding "class". What it's saying is that there are different "classes" to the suits of armor. Light armor, heavy armor, medium armor, titan armor, etc... These are not related to CLASSES (i.e. warrior, pilot, marine, etc...) but are just classifications of the armor itself.