Hangars - 3.x

VoA

Everyone knows (or should know) that RSI is currently Updating all the Hangars.  These updated hangars will be truly transformative compared to what we currently have = Hangar 1.0.  They are adding better graphics, PBR, room expansions, decorations, bling, and eventually the connection to the PU - with the Planet Side / Social Module. 

I wanted to Create a Thread so people can keep up to date with all the Hangar 2.0 News (like we have Ship Threads).  Post anything you want on this thread regarding hangars, even sharing what you have currently for decoration, fish in your fish tank, vehicles, share images, photos, etc...  The idea with the thread is to show off your home and share new info from the Community and RSI about Hangar 2.0.  I'll try to keep this OP up-to-date with relevant Images and Video's that pertain to Hangars 2.0.

We will be getting images, videos, Dev posts, etc... about the WIP that CIG is now starting to reveal on the Hangars. We can use this thread to collate all new WIP items about Hangars like these sister (archive) threads:

•   

Discount Hangar 2.0

No New Hangar 2.0 Info Yet

Business Hangar 2.0

At 26:35m in ATV ep07

Deluxe Hangar 2.0

CompetentAlienatedDog.gif

Asteroid Hangar 2.0

has more images and details

RkD6oDv.jpg

========

And an image just for fun :P

j8o6ooY.png

Man, I cannot wait to start setting up my own hangar/living quarters.  I am assuming we will be spending a large amount of time in our hangars (ship repairs, modifications, sleep...).  I am excited to see the 'new' original hangars.

Depending on how the new Deluxe Hangar looks, I don't know if I would want to upgrade to an Asteroid Hangar or not.  Anybody else torn?

Man, I cannot wait to start setting up my own hangar/living quarters.  I am assuming we will be spending a large amount of time in our hangars (ship repairs, modifications, sleep...).  I am excited to see the 'new' original hangars.

Depending on how the new Deluxe Hangar looks, I don't know if I would want to upgrade to an Asteroid Hangar or not.  Anybody else torn?

unless they turn up the lights in the asteriod hangar, then it's luxury 100% of the time for me :P

Very much so! I guess when we get more information, we can make a better decision. Also means more money will be spend, to decorate everything.

/sigh

who needs to eat? ;)

o7

Very much so! I guess when we get more information, we can make a better decision. Also means more money will be spend, to decorate everything.

/sigh

who needs to eat? ;)

o7

That's my next question... are we going to need to satisfy personal needs?  Eating, drinking, sleeping, toilet?  Seems like we do with bathrooms on ships... 

I'm leaning towards the Deluxe myself, but that Asteroid Hangar... looks pretty sweet!

Speaking of hangars... CR did say that we get to pick where ours will be when we finish Squadron 42 from a list of options.  And as these options are used up, there will be fewer choices to pick from.  This leads to more discussion and questions!

First of all, are we as Imperium members going to try to have our hangars in relatively the same location?  Within one or two neighboring systems?  At least then it would be easy to visit each others' hangars.  Obviously, the Asteroid Hangar will be in a different spot as it seems it will be located in an Asteroid Belt outside secured UEE zones.

Secondly, Anybody thinking of placing their hangar in a secured zone or in an unsecured zone?

Very exciting stuff! :parrot:

yep, seems peoples will always do that

these are my Deluxe Hangers btw:

index_coat_hanger.jpg

Get with the Program and add Bling to your Deluxe Hanger: :P

Here is a Hornet Ghost Business Hanger ... (with Bling attached :P ).... :ph34r:

EDIT: --- Oooopss... looks like it maybe the landing bay hanger on a Bengal Carrier.... :o

efotjs.jpg

CIG quote(last sentence)

devoinc

Posted: June 24

Yatagan | JakkalHet said:

[source]

» show previous quotes

I know this isn't really the place for discussion, but to piggy-back off of this, are there any plans to put any windows in the hangars, maybe a skylight, or some high-up windows between hangar doors or something?

This way, you could keep the hangars the same (aside from the window(s)), but the location flavor say of the Goss system, would be retained with a nice view outside. And all you'd need is just some mostly static skybox where you're looking up at buildings or natural physical features, or just a nice alien sky, so your hangar will always be different from planet to planet if you have multiples or are renting or whatever.

Yup! Windows are already on our list of things for hangar improvements.

The first is that the room system needs to be completed. From there, the current hangars will undergo a makeover. During that process, we'll figure out where windows would fit in. And yeah, it may be that initially, it's just a generic view.