Freelancer DUR?

BMichaelG

So I plan on getting the Freelancer DUR soon, I am just in love with it , from the cargo door and rear turret all the way to the funny looking balls on the nose. I love what it represents... a no nonsense explorer ship with larger fuel tanks upgraded jump drive better scanners it j ist makes me drool lol...what do you gu us think of it?

The Duration should be a good ship. I'll withhold full review until we can see how it performs in AC. Until some more features of the game go live we don't know how fuel, jumping, sensor strength etc all play in to making an explorer ship a 'good' ship. But since its being billed as a solo/small crew explorer then I expect it to live up to its reputation.

I have a DUR myself, though am now regretting not getting the MAX as I plan on focusing on trade (can't melt it down because it has my alpha access). The DUR does look to be a great ship though so I'm not entirely upset with the decision and as I don't currently have a dedicated explorer the DUR should be fine until I can get my hands on a Hull (A-D).

• 1 month later...

I have the DUR, I'm going to use it as my solo playing ship to go exploring but I also considered using it as a long distance hauler. The cargo-space isn't that bad compared to the original Freelancer (148 units compared to 168 units), considered the tradeoff for expanded fule-tanks, enhanced jump drive, long range scanners and a shield upgrade. Stats may change though. I just have to get more precious cargo to make the trip worthwhile. I also considered that I won’t have that much cash to start with so I might not be able to fill the cargo space anyway.

I just lover the inside of the Freelancer, it feels so "used" compared to other ships that are way to clean in my opinion. Im going to fill my cockpit with bobbleheads and shit to really make me feel at home =D.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The cargo-space isn't that bad compared to the original Freelancer (148 units compared to 168 units)

Though in the desc it says 25% reduced cargo size, so these numbers seem like they could easily change, I do agree that it's a small loss for the cool upgrades :)  And I just sold off my Connie, so I'm thinking I could use a small bit of the funds I got from that to upgrade my base Lancer.

The Duration should be a good ship. I'll withhold full review until we can see how it performs in AC. Until some more features of the game go live we don't know how fuel, jumping, sensor strength etc all play in to making an explorer ship a 'good' ship. But since its being billed as a solo/small crew explorer then I expect it to live up to its reputation.

im actually genuinely gutted anythingfps isnt making videos anymore, they where absolutely awesome to watch!

Would you say upgrading from a 315p to a freelancer DUR is a good deal. Money wise?.

It really depends, I think the 300i will be good just because it's a starter ship so you can get used to game mechanics, if you feel confident enough that you won't make expensive mistakes early game then go for the DUR as it's just an overall better equipped ship for the job

I think the DUR will be one of the best solo exploration ships all around.  It's pretty well armed, has beds (to log out in space) and it's fairly small, able to get through smaller jump points.