Tallhart reacted to Danakar Endeel in Hammerhead - Corvette Anti-fighter
Maybe, but last time I checked there was no way to store weapons anywhere on the ship. Which is strange when other non-military and/or smaller ships do have weapon racks.
I mean I guess you can replace some of the EVA suits with armor as you don't really need 10 EVA suits, but there's no area that I've seen where one can store rifles.
All they have to do is add some racks to a wall and that would work
Tallhart reacted to Narayan in 3.4 vs. 3.3 comparison
2018 came to an end. This year Star Citizen has become much more and better. There are new locations, mechanics, and optimization. The game has become even closer to what we are all waiting for.
All year I showed you what changes are happening in the game. Starting from comparison 2.6.2 and 3.0, I compared the new and old patches to each other, showing changes in the game. And now the next round of comparisons has come, because a few days ago the patch 3.4 was released in live.
There are not so many changes in it, but this video turned out to be rather long.
As usual, I gave you all the time codes for easy navigation through the video in the first pinned comment on YouTube.
Enjoy watching and Happy Holidays!
P.S. In the moments with the comparison of Freelancers the ships could not be put at the same point in the hangar (in 3.3 the Freelancers were of the fourth size, in 3.4 - the third), the background in these moments does not match, for which I apologize - but otherwise the comparison cannot be shown.
P.P.S. If you like it, support me in:
Citizen Spotlight Spectrum Reddit
Tallhart got a reaction from Zee in Gladius
The Aegis Gladius is the UEE’s reigning light short-range patrol fighter. A single-seat ship with no room for expansion, the Gladius is fast, maneuverable and capable of punching far above its weight. The main advantage to the design is simplicity: cheap to produce, easy to repair and outfit and quick to train new pilots on. The Gladius is an aging design nearing the end of its life-cycle, although iterative updates have kept it the most nimble fighter in the active fleet.
Tallhart reacted to Devil Khan in Destroyer, Javelin-class
The Javelin looks even more detailed. How ever did they remove the BFG on the center of the ship on top with the bridge just ahead? I thought there was a small turret facing backward as well. The animated piece on the turret looks very cool, but kinda stupid I mean the whole hanving to "roll" down/up. I had assumed that it was the smaller turrets that had been removed. I guess I was wrong and it was the "super size it" turret.
Anyway, Can we assume that there is 2 main turrets, 1 top and 1 bottom? Thinking yes as the bottom rail is not the connector for a "retailator" . She looks very "puu-tay" and the manned turrets look fanstic
Tallhart reacted to Devil Khan in Around The Verse
My jaw dropped when the closing credit started. The best part has got to be they showed a full side basketball course inside a Javelin... Also they have begun work on the Hull D, and I am assuming they have nearly finished 3D art work on the Reclaimer. Huuuuuuugggghhhhhhl. UK generally nearly always have great stuff to tell other than the REAL spacestations. Crusade in a truckstop afaik.
Tallhart reacted to Tom Villder in BoredGamer went to Foundry42 and here's the information that he can share
- Idris is "pretty much done", working on Javelin now
- Capital ships won't be reworked so much now
- Vanduul ships and BMM are being worked on
- Other ships in various stages e.g. whitebox, greybox etc and are close to be revealed
- Paintjobs are on the way
- No plans for custom org decals atm, but like everything this can change
- He was impressed by planets the most
- Modular bases can be placed with an "intelligent procedural system" on planets and space
- He saw the O2 system
- Confirms that mining is in 3.0
- Regarding environments, we'll be in for a lot of visual treats, especially in space
- He talked to the coding/server guys, they plan to have more players in soon
- His mind was blown by "organic sound" system
- He spoke to Eron, repair would include rerouting power to other systems, other things require people to go and do the work physicially (players will have to do this, AI will do this later)
- No denial/confirmation of a 2.7 patch
- He's happy with the progress overall
Tallhart reacted to VoA in NASA TRAPPIST-1 News - Star System has 7 Earth sized Planets
Very exciting news and the best likelihood of life found outside of our solar system - 7 Earth sized planets with 3 in the Goldilocks zone
Tallhart reacted to Lakota in Discord Announcement!
That’s right! As the title may suggest Imperium/SCB finally has it’s own official discord server. However, we don’t yet plan on replacing our TeamSpeak and would like that to remain our primary platform for VOIP communication. So, Discord will essentially function as our community wide instant messenger. This new platform has already greatly improved communication within multiple Imperium divisions and our hope, is that Discord will help us continue to improve that facet on a community member level.
I would like to take this time to thank @Delota for helping us to finally get this project completed and for, specifically, coding everything to do with it. I’d also like to thank @Pegasus for his help in creating the Discord section of the portal, where you are able to link your profiles in order to receive permissions.
Please follow the steps here to gain access and review the rules posted here. if you have any questions please review the few prepared F.A.Qs we have written below. If you do find that your question is not listed, feel free to post it here as a comment to this thread.
Tallhart reacted to danredda in My new monster
As some of you may be aware, over the last 2-3 months I have been speccing out, and then building my new gaming monster. Whilst it's name is still a work in progress (if anyone has any good ideas, I would appreciate it), I have now completed it and am using it (I forgot how much of a bitch it is to setup a new PC software wise...). Without further ado, I present the Imgur album of my new PC.
i7 6850k (OC'd to 4.4ghz) Asus Rampage 5 Edition 10 Motherboard 64gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000 DDR4 Samsung 960 Pro 1tb nvme SSD 2x Samsung 850 evo 1tb SSD Corsair AX 1500i Power Supply 2x Nvidia Titan X Pascal (2050mhz clock, 10200 Memory) Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Case: Thermaltake Core W100 (Hard to find anything that would fit my rad overkill)
EK D5 Pump PWM EK 360mm Coolstream XE Radiator EK 560mm Coolstream CE Radiator EK X-RES 250 EK FC-Titan X (Pascal) and Backplate (x2) EK Rampage V Edition 10 RGB monoblock (cools PCH and CPU and VRM) EK EKoolant UV Green PETG 16mmOD Tubing Other:
EVGA HB SLI Bridge Cablemod Modflex Lime Green sleeved cables (UV reactive) Cablemod UV Magnetic Strips (4x 60cm)
Firestrike Results: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/11348319
GPU temp under load hit a max of 46C, CPU hit a max of 71C. The fans didn't even have to go up beyond ~40%
Now I just need that 144hz 4k monitor Asus announced at CES...
Tallhart reacted to Cincinnatus in ATV - 2.6 New Flight Mechanics
I have CIG the benefit of the doubt of these changes when this video came out from Andrew.
-the video says we are going to lower the skill ceiling in the game (throttle control is too hard basically). They focused on acceleration and not jerk. The problem with the gladius since 1.3 is that it does not have enough jerk to be evasive. Andrew and John are not good dogfighters, and they balanced things based on feel. And the line that shows that Andrew is ignorant "The ships have more weight. It gives them character". "afterburner is something that you should use now and again not all the time."
Here is Calex.
He understands the flight model. Ships should be maneuverable and agile not be super heavy. If we had the ww2 feeling in the small, ships balance would become a mess. As will happen with these changes above.
-I do like cruise being gone. I will tough to balance though. They balanced AB based on racing with QA. You balance racing with boost and you will have way too much for AC. WIth the rotation lock, you will AB away in combat and then AB back, so it will just be jousting like Cruise combat in Universe. It is foolish to balance a FM for racing which is easier to make work than PVP combat that has a lot variables in it.
-only people who don't know how to dogfighting did not fight up close in 2.5 live. I train Imperium members to dogfight. They also balanced combat based on vanduul swarm. You watch them play around 31:32. The ship have no agility to get fixed weapons on target easily versus a mouse. The level of agility in that play and the live stream is such that all existing advanced tactics are useless. They are just making junk up in that video. You cannot get the pip deflection necessary to evade fire with agility that low with boost. Also at 31ish, you can see never uses throttle control other than match velocity. They have made the game so you can fly at full throttle easily lowering the skill curve. Good fighting requires good throttle control which is generally analog control or quick keyboard taps.
@Puls0nic I am fine with reserving judgement. @Praetor is giving a glowing recommendation without having played. Frankly, I am not sure how much pvp he/she has played to know/understand the changes.
Tallhart reacted to Sky Captain in How many Capital ships are there?
This image might help:
In that image above, I assume that the largest unnamed UEE ship (the black silhouette) is the Pegasus Escort Carrier.
The two silhouettes below that one are probably the unnamed UEE Battlecruiser and Cruiser. I have not seen names for those yet.
Tallhart reacted to Tom Villder in Star Citizen: The Road to CitizenCon [CIG Video]
I'd like to share my observations:
- 70 (seventy) individual named NPCs for one chapter is quite a lot... you don't see that many single player campaigns featuring that many characters.
- Catering to non-space occupations - Absolutely brilliant. I think that we're reaching a point that we can't call SC a space sim anymore... with the addition of planetside, SC is more like a game that happens to be a space sim, racing, FPS, trading, S&R, survival game (and more) all in one.
- Nomad armor is beautiful, it has that ex-military look and for some reason it reminds me of Cast Away (the movie) because you can see bits of armor, but its patched up by cloth and stuff found in the environment.
- Everyone in the dev teams should get a medal or something when SC 1.0 is released for the sheer amount of commitment and patience they have to pull so many all-nighters to get this done... knowing that they had the opportunity to pursue significantly more lucrative jobs with less hours.
- Kudos to CIG for giving us a sample of the stuff that went wrong. Good god it wouldn've been a sh**storm of epic proportions if they showcased SQ42 with those errors... we wouldn't hear the end of it.
- TIL what pow-wow is
- Its reassuring to hear that they want to show us something that reflects the game itself rather than side-track actual game development to work on something to show as a demo of upcoming/incomplete stuff. This is a great approach to demos and expos and I hope they keep to this direct and honest mentality.
- Great point about open development. If this game had closed development, I for one wouldn't be following it this closely, I wouldn't have backed the game so much and the community would've probably been 1/10th the size, if not smaller. While its easy for the uninformed to assume that CIG's lifeline are ship concept sales, its not... its actually transparency and open development, this is their true lifeline. If that stops, then this game is done for and will never see the light of day.
CIG, in my eyes, you're forgiven for not showcasing SQ42 and not releasing it in the original timeframe. That being said, I look forward to watching the SQ42 demo when its ready (hopefully before end of 2016).