Is Alpha release online?

mobiuss

doesn't eve allow that?

3,100 was the largest EVE battle. And from what I hear, it was horrifically laggy. So no, EVE does not allow 200,000 people.

They do have 350,000 subscribers, however I know that almost every serious EVE player has at least one alt account.

no, I mean eve allows this:

It will be servers for any continent guys. Then one common server connect all others and makes trading and communication possible for people from different continents. You wont be able to dogfight someone from the other side of the world. Technology wont allow that.

in eve everyone's playing on the same server, doesn't matter what continent you're on

no, I mean eve allows this:

in eve everyone's playing on the same server, doesn't matter what continent you're on

Eve is not a shooter. You select targets and then you click FIRE ZE LAZERS button and they shoot and kill. That wont work for Star Citizen because you actually have to aim at things to hit them.

I would like to know if there is a FPS game that can be played with good ping by people from the opposite sides of the world.

actually, the server side would be pretty much the same, most calculations are done on client side, a server is there to receive position and action data of ships, missile, laser,... and transfer this to other people that can see you so that your client can render everything correctly that's why when you do a server-application test in-house all you do is input data and see if it gets processed and distributed correctly

Eve is not a shooter. You select targets and then you click FIRE ZE LAZERS button and they shoot and kill. That wont work for Star Citizen because you actually have to aim at things to hit them.

I would like to know if there is a FPS game that can be played with good ping by people from the opposite sides of the world.

Call of Duty, Battlefield, Blacklight, Tribes: Ascend and Planetside 2 from the top of my head. I live in Europe, but I always play on North American servers, it is very rare for me to get a ping above 50ms.