Welcome to Star Citizen Base
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Banu Merchantman

Banu merchantman

• Please log in to reply
373 replies to this topic

WinterDragon

WinterDragon
  • Fleet Member
  • 322 posts
  • Pledge:High Admiral
I'll start the thread for the new Banu Merchantman. Unbelievable that we can pledge for one before 26 Nov. now we need more specs and price!
  • MagicStick likes this

Posted Image

Silveryn

Silveryn

[ERA-701] True Hawks Squadron (HR)

• Exploration
  • 492 posts
  • Pledge:Freelancer
Where do you see that we will have access to it? Edit: Nevermind, I found it. Very cool. I wonder what kind of stats it will have...

LrmyWC.gif

Xi'an Khartu-al [ Wraith ] - MISC Freelancer DUR [ Nomad ]

Maverick

Maverick

You can run, but you'll only die tired.

• Fleet Member
  • 1,843 posts

Commlink says that those ships are passed sometimes from generation to generation and that they "are prized beyond all other transports".

That sale will not do anything good to my wallet...

• Dezmodian and King Mohawk like this

Posted Image

Buglish

Buglish
  • Members
  • 21 posts

If you know of a source with some info please share here. I would also like to know about this new ship.  

eNeRGy

eNeRGy
  • Members
  • 266 posts

That sale will not do anything good to my wallet...

Agreed.  When I read that my first thought was: whoa!  coo....ahhh damn it! <checks wallet>

I can't wait to get some info on it.  I wonder if anything Xi'an will also be available by then as well.

And just when you think you're out... they pull you back in!

• Zeltchoron likes this

Maverick

Maverick

• Fleet Member
  • 1,843 posts

If you know of a source with some info please share here. I would also like to know about this new ship.  

All we have until now is the letter from the chairman: https://robertsspace...rman-27-Million

Any subscribers here? Maybe the Vault contains more.

Posted Image

rotorax

rotorax

Imagemaker

• Fleet Media Officer
  • 3,389 posts
  • Pledge:Bounty Hunter

No update on Vault so far.

• Maverick likes this

6lzJLAl.png

deardevil

deardevil

__RED - BARON__

• Combat Ops
  • 262 posts
  • Pledge:Grand Admiral
Ohh my................my wallet is going to empty again

[font="arial;background-color:rgb(24,24,24);"] "[/font]Beyond the horizon, into darkness[font="arial;background-color:rgb(24,24,24);"]."[/font]Posted Image

SpawN

SpawN

Born in Darkness. Sworn to Justice

• Combat Ops
  • 13 posts
  • Pledge:Freelancer

I am prepared to live on the street until the release of the game XD I will have something bigger than a "HOME" to live in. More like "Command" in. IN-Game!!!!!!! Hopefully :)

Posted Image

WinterDragon

WinterDragon
  • Fleet Member
  • 322 posts
  • Pledge:High Admiral

I think I have to really control myself and repeatedly tell myself "everything can be bought in game.  EVERYTHING can be bought IN GAME!"

The money will be saved and spent upgrading the rig closer to end 2014 instead.

• SchockRazor likes this

Posted Image

Horizon Ariadust

Horizon Ariadust
  • Combat Ops
  • 48 posts

I'm planing to get an Idris-P......dammit!!!!!

Posted Image

Reavern

Reavern

Warrior Wordsmith

• CombatOps Officer
  • 2,232 posts
I'm wondering how large the Banu Merchantman will be. Because based on the description, it seems like it could be a LARGE ship. I think it will be at least be the size of a Starfarer, and possibly exceed an Idris Corvette. Even if it's only the size of a Starfarer, I think it will carry more cargo, probably over 100 tons. And because it's an alien ship, it will probably cost significantly more than a Starfarer, even if they're the same size and have similar cargo capacity. I wouldn't be surprised if the Merchantman ship is $300 to over $1000. I think it makes sense for CIG to spring a big expensive alien ship on us right before the LTI deadline. :D Trade and hauling may not be my primary interest, but I like the sound of the Banu Merchantman, and am considering buying it, IF it's reasonably priced. But if it's over $300, I'll pass, because it doesn't make sense for me to spend that kind of money on a heavy freighter I'll probably rarely use. I suppose I'm excited to learn more about the a Merchantman, and I'm eager to reach for my wallet. Once I learn more about the ship, I'll probably realize it's not for me and/or too expensive, and I'll pass. Regardless, I hope it's a great freighter for the players who decide to buy it. :)

deardevil

deardevil

__RED - BARON__

• Combat Ops
  • 262 posts

after this:

Banu Merchantman Unlocked[color=rgb(106,187,207);font-family:Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;] – Banu traders are renowed for their merchant prowess, traveling the spacelanes and trading with everyone from humans to the Vanduul! Their sturdy, dedicated trading ships are prized beyond all other transports, sometimes passing from generation to generation of Banu,[/color]

i think ita gonna be overpriced

• zerkerz and Genesis like this

[font="arial;background-color:rgb(24,24,24);"] "[/font]Beyond the horizon, into darkness[font="arial;background-color:rgb(24,24,24);"]."[/font]Posted Image

Portgrey

Portgrey
  • Trade & Industry
  • 116 posts

i cant wait to see this released. plus with the other ships and such. hopefully i can move all of our goods and materials better with this ship. i missed the starfarer back in the day. luckily i still have a connie and tali plus a few small ships.  

Posted Image

Reavern

Reavern

Warrior Wordsmith

• CombatOps Officer
  • 2,232 posts
I'm certain that the Banu Merchantman ship will be far superior to a Starfarer. B) And it'll be a far greater acquisition for any self-respecting merchant. :D The question is how much better, and bigger, will the Banu Merchantman ship be compared to the Starfarer? I guesstimate that the Banu Merchantman will be 100 meters long, have a mass of 150 tons, and a cargo capacity of 125 tons. No idea about the armaments because it's an alien freighter. But I predict it will be faster and have greater range than the Starfarer, despite it being larger and heavier. Consequently, the Merchantman will undoubtedly cost more than the Starfarer. I predict it will cost $300. Of course, that's all pure speculation and hope. :D

bod699

bod699
  • Combat Ops
  • 484 posts

We will hopefully know some of those details by the weekend. I dont expect to really be a merchant and trade to much but I do want to be able to do a little of everything. I know I can with the Connie but if the Banu is as unique as the other alien ships then having one as my go to trading ship will definitely be at the top of my list.

scheherazade

scheherazade
  • Fleet Member
  • 180 posts
  • Pledge:Civilian

I look at my various ships, and I know that I'll really only use a small subset of them.

TBH, having an Idris, I wonder why I would want to use a starfarer.

Since the Idris cargo capacity is rather large, it already exceeds a starfarer.

And it has a lot of turrets for pirate protection.

Even if the defenses are manned by NPCs, it's still a lot of pew pew compared to a starfarer.

Unless the Banu has more appealing cargo+defenses stats, I think the Idris is still the safer merchant.

-scheherazade

InvictusTitus

InvictusTitus
  • Combat Ops
  • 226 posts
  • Pledge:Civilian

Pics form the RSI site, looking good :D

Attached Thumbnails

• Banu3.jpg

• Sparkie likes this

post-2843-0-91042100-1413577525.png

"Beyond the Horizon, into Darkness"

Athenos

Athenos
  • Trade & Industry
  • 48 posts

you can now buy it for $250, I need new pants

Posted Image

Maverick

Maverick

• Fleet Member
  • 1,843 posts

Nice ship, but just fr the looks. The stats are awful for that price imo.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Banu, merchantman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users