Welcome to Star Citizen Base
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Release Date for Alpha

14 posts in this topic

Posted

So I thought originally Alpha would be in 18 months. Now I'm hearing 12 months. Is there a estimated month or day for it yet that you guys have seen?

Posted

Yeah that's where I saw 12 months but didn't know if there was a more specific date yet on the forums from a device or anything that I may have missed?

Posted

Think that is the most specific release date.

Posted

The question that Still floats around is when does the countdown for the 12 month alpha start? At the end of the Funding Campaign, or 10/10/10?

Posted

I think its more like a "When its done™" than a specific date. Programming things a very complicated and reaching a exact date in twelve months would need a hell of a lot management. I guess Chris is saving all the struggle and devs away his things until they are done the way he wants.

Posted

One way or the other, I am looking forward to the Alpha, I am looking more forward to the Whole thing, but thats longer down the road!

Posted

The "When it's done" is probably right, I just hope they won't do it in the Blizzard style ^^

EllisDee likes this

Posted

Beat me to it Talinko :D

Posted

It should be done properly, I'd rather wait an extra month for a few less game breaking bugs. I'm not sure how many of the people that pledged will understand that the alpha will not be the finished game. So the alpha should actually be a developed beta instead. But time will tell.

Posted

Alpha is the MultiPlayer Dogfight Arena and is used for the most important part of the game: Instancing & ShipBalance

Posted

I've heard it's supposed to be Q4 this year ..? Can anyone else confirm?

Posted

I've heard it's supposed to be Q4 this year ..? Can anyone else confirm?

I also heard Q4 or Q1 of next year.

Posted

I'm eagerly awaiting for this game .. it's going to be so much more epic than EVE, I can feel it!