Welcome to Star Citizen Base
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Constellation

142 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Certainly a possibility...but I can see it through the window in my Connie now so for them to take it away would just be cruel!

**EDIT**

It says on the P52 on the Ship spec page, and I quote "Coming standard with the constellation, the P52..."

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/ship-specs

woot!

As I mentioned, CIG has fooled us before by saying ships will be equipped a certain way, then reneging later and asking for more money. <_<

The fact is that the Constellation's description in new Ship Specs and RSI Store doesn't explicitly state that the Constellation comes with the P52 Merlin snubfighter:

RSI Constellation

When you think handsome bounty hunter making his own way in a galaxy of enemies, you think the Constellation. The Constellation, a multi-person freighter, is the most popular ship in RSI’s current production array. Constellations are beloved by smugglers and merchants alike because they are modular, high powered… and just downright iconic-looking. The Constellation includes a manned turret, a large cargo area and a small flight deck capable of launching a snub fighter in its own defense.

The Constellation's description says it's "capable of" launching a snubfighter, not that it is included with every Constellation.

You're right that the Merlin's description says "Coming standard with the Constellation..."

However, I predict that when the Constellation brochure is released, probably in November, the Merlin's description will be amended to a specific model of the Constellation, probably the Limited Edition.

Perhaps you noticed in the Constellation's store description that it only refers to "a" manned turret, as in ONE -- but the Ship Specs indicate it has 2 x Klaus & Werner CF-227 Panther twin turret. And it doesn't mention the Constellation's other weapons. Perhaps the description is focusing on the ship's best selling features... but I suspect that it's referring to the base model Constellation's loadout, which probably only has the dorsal turret (similar to how the 300i only has the wing-tip laser cannons).

Admittedly, I could be wrong. It's possible that the Constellation comes loaded for bear with all of the weapons in the Ship Specs, including the Merlin snubfighter... But I wouldn't bet on it. ;)

Posted · Report post

Well I can't argue with that logic Reavern. I hadn't thought of it like that...but I can still hope you're wrong! ;)

Until we know for sure either way, I'll enjoy the glimpse I get through the Merlin bay window.

Posted · Report post

Perhaps you noticed in the Constellation's store description that it only refers to "a" manned turret, as in ONE -- but the Ship Specs indicate it has 2 x Klaus & Werner CF-227 Panther twin turret. And it doesn't mention the Constellation's other weapons. Perhaps the description is focusing on the ship's best selling features... but I suspect that it's referring to the base model Constellation's loadout, which probably only has the dorsal turret (similar to how the 300i only has the wing-tip laser cannons).  

Owww  and when that happens we will see another rage  explosion on the RSI forums

Raven has a point but i don't think they  will not exclude the snub fighter and disable 1 manned turret for the backers before  November this year

So i hope these newer descriptions are for the people that buy those ships after November this year and he is preparing us silently what to expect when this crazy year for us  and them will look like (ship/package wise) after November 2013 and you probably only can buy stripped ships with a only very basic equipment and armament

Posted · Report post

Now that the hanger module is out, I am more inclined to believe that the Larger ships may not even be released in the editions like the smaller ones have.

I guess it depends on how well the crowdfunding goes, but I can easily see the limited edition retaliator, starfarer, scythe etc coming well equipped and not having an edition sale.

With the LTI deadline approaching, I expect the F7A to be released (possibly along with other variants), but I think the large ships may be considered too expensive to do this with.

Since many of the ships aren't complete yet, I don't see an LTI variant sale happening for them. Maybe Avenger / Cutlass at a push?

Posted · Report post

CIG has confirmed that the 5 basic pledge ships will all have brochures. The Hornet brochure is due to be released soon. The Freelancer brochure will follow soon after, probably in October. And the Constellation brochure will probably be released in November, just in time for LTI deadline on November 26, 2013.

I disagree that CIG won't release ship brochures for the larger and more expensive limited ships, even after the LTI deadline. If CIG stops releasing ship brochures after Nov 26, their funding will dry up, because there won't be anything for backers to buy. There's no way that CIG will do that to themselves.

CIG will almost certainly release brochures for ALL of the ships, regardless of how expensive they are.

The question is whether CIG will allow LTI ship owners to upgrade to the improved models and still keep their LTI after Nov 26. Or if we'll have to decide between keeping our LTI for the base model ships we already own, or giving up LTI to buy the upgraded models. I'm hoping CIG gives Original and Veteran Backers a break for our long-term loyalty and allows us to upgrade and still keep our LTI. :)

Posted · Report post

I agree with the idea that the Constellation looks like the best ship "pound for pound." Unfortunately, I'm not sure it's something that I will be purchasing right away. I think that my budget is going to be closer to $200-250 total, and the possibilty of getting two "single feature dominant" ships (a dogfighting Hornet and an exploring Freelancer) seems like a more fun/varied way to play Star Citizen than buying a single Constellation. At least IMO. Another factor of my decision is that I'd like to have something to aim for as I play the game. Also, perhaps when the Origin 890 Jump is released it is a "luxury Constellation," and that is what I end up wanting...

Posted · Report post

What is this 890 Jump you speak of? Smells like my Connie might be melting already....

Posted · Report post

What is this 890 Jump you speak of? Smells like my Connie might be melting already....

It's supposedly a Constellation-size luxury yacht made by Origin JumpWorks.

The only official reference to the 890 Jump ship is a single line on the last page of the Origin 300 series' brochure. From that single mention, a lot of people have fantasized about owning one.

I doubt it's going to happen -- at least not until after the retail launch of Star Citizen. CIG can't keep adding ships if they want to make the intended launch date of late 2014 or early 2015.

Posted · Report post

Reavern is correct (AFAIK) that there is only a singular mention of the 890 Jump, and that is in the 300i brochure. Here's the StarCitizenBase thread that exists for the ship if you want to read "more": I am guilty of projecting based on almost zero information, but it will definitely be a luxurious ship (as explicity mentioned in the brochure and the fact that it's an Origin ship to begin with) and since it has a fairly high number (890!) that means it will be big, right? So, therefore it's a luxury Stella.

I also agree that it's likely that we won't see the ship in 2013, but it is a little curious that they'd mention the 890 Jump if we won't be seeing it before the game launches. But who knows.

Posted · Report post

$21M stretch goal anyone?

Posted · Report post

If and when the crowd funding exceeds CR's $22 million ultimate goal, perhaps he'll introduce new stretch goals with more ships. Before then I think the only new ships we'll see are more capital ships, like a Battleship and maybe a Dreadnought. After the $22 million mark, maybe CR will circle around and add more single-pilot and small-crew pledge ships.

Posted · Report post

On a more juvenile note....here's the Connie's potty!

Posted Image 

Posted · Report post

-pic-

I might get one just for the glorious bathroom :)

Posted · Report post

The sign in the shower says WARNING: Floor slippery when wet. Sounds like a death trap!

Posted · Report post

They get a luxurious bath in the Connie? Perfect for foursomes? :P 

Meanwhile, we get this in the Freelancer and it doesn't even have a decent door...zzz

Posted Image

chengsam2000 likes this

Posted · Report post

Meanwhile, we get this in the Freelancer and it doesn't even have a decent door...zzz

-pic-

Seems like a challenge having a foursome in there.^^

Posted · Report post

Posted Image

This would be horrible if you had a guest on board, and someone used the toilet, you'd be smelling it from the cockpit! :(

deardevil likes this

Posted · Report post

And hopefully there's some kind of 'auto-tinting' that happens to that window/door when it closes...I couldn't poop with people walking by. But maybe you get used to it like dudes in the military.

Posted · Report post

Wait, how is this suppose to work in zero G?  In real life they get a tube that connects to their butthole.  Not seeing this here.

Posted · Report post

I can see myself using that  :P .

Posted · Report post

Yeah they mentioned that it's not zero G...we won't be floating around inside our ships. Kinda glad about that.

Posted · Report post

Jus' don' be taking a shit when the power goes off.

Stoff likes this

Posted · Report post

Jus' don' be taking a shit when the power goes off.

That's true regardless of where you're doing your business. :D