Hey UEE Family

XplatformJEDI

I just wanted to take a moment to say hi.

I've just recently fallen in with the Star Citizen/Star Marine fan base, but I'm in 100% now.   I'm an older gamer (47) who grew up playing Wing Commander and other computer games from the 90s.

These days I'm mostly a console sports gamer, but when I heard about Star Citizen and read up on the detailed history of the universe (the true first time I heard about SC and CIG they hadn't even announced alien factions yet) I ended up selling my PS4 (going to miss you Nathan Drake) and started building my Star Citizen black box.

Hopefully we won't have too much longer to wait to fully explore the Star Citizen PU/fps...etc.

Glad to be on board with you guys.

Well, the prodigal son returns!  I anoint thy head with Arctic Silver and place on thy wrist this anti static bracelet for all is forgiven!

Good luck building your machine, sounds like you have it covered.  You may have built your first pc before the internet, ah yes younglings...  that happened.  But, if you need any help be sure to ask.  These days I give a budget and and expectations to a friend of mine and he gives me an amazon list.  I buy all the things on the list and snap them together.  Easy breezy.   Keeping up with technology takes a lot of time, time that I don't seem to have anymore.  

If you take the plunge a little more please hunt me down in SCB teamspeak sometime.

Welcome to the board!  I recently just picked up a ps4, kinda disappointed, feel like I wasted $500 :)

The two reasons I bought my PS4 were because of 1) Destiny and 2) the Uncharted series.

My expectations for Destiny were too high apparently.  Repetitive first person shooter with pretty graphics wasn't worth the $400 price point.

Sold it two months ago.   Purchased a 4690k last month.  Getting a GTX 970 in 3 weeks.

Just need to save up for a Freelancer DUR.  I'm not looking back.

Edited by XplatformJEDI

• 1 month later...